• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron |OT| You sure that’s enough armor?

desu said:
Received my guide:

Which book is that? I already have Wonders of El Shaddai, HEAVEN'S GATE, and Flowers for Lucifel. Didn't open any as they are purely for the collection for me, although I really want to.
Wonders is very high quality and near hardcover quality. Nice shiny logo and all.

There's also a lot of other El Shaddai goodies (ripe for the picking right now or at least were a few weeks ago on Yahoo Japan Auctions).
You have the PS3 and 360 different preorder postcard arts, El Shaddai X EDWIN jeans and umbrella (modeled after the one Lucifel is seen with in one cutscene), multiple disc soundtrack, the three artbooks/guides, of course the JP store promo posters, chibi gashapon figurines, pins, lots of other little stuff I'm forgetting...they were really going all out for this release, hope it sold well and hope for the same in NA/EU.
I won all the El Shaddai merchandise things that I am interested in, I can get pics if you guys want (plus stock images and auction images of ones I don't have).

desu

jetsetfluken said:
Which book is that? I already have Wonders of El Shaddai, HEAVEN'S GATE, and Flowers for Lucifel. Didn't open any as they are purely for the collection for me, although I really want to.
Wonders is very high quality and near hardcover quality. Nice shiny logo and all.

It's wonders. Also I am not sure why you won't open it. My book has no shrink wrap or anything, there is nothing that would indicate if I checked it out or not. So I am not exactly sure why you don't take a look at them (also especially since I wonder if book 2/3 are worth it).

desu said:
It's wonders. Also I am not sure why you won't open it. My book has no shrink wrap or anything, there is nothing that would indicate if I checked it out or not. So I am not exactly sure why you don't take a look at them (also especially since I wonder if book 2/3 are worth it).

I'm very stingy about keeping things in mint condition, but you're right, there is no shrinkwrap, just the paper that wraps around it (which I'm paranoid would get damaged). Seriously though yes i will have to take a look.

I'm probably going to go back and do more playthroughs after I finish my current game...has anyone managed to G Rank Hard mode?

mujun

I finished this yesterday. I ended up liking it a little less than I did when I posted my initial impressions. The game was very good, enjoyed the combat and platforming. Character design was bad though and the combat did get repetitive.

desu

So someone poked me to patch that translates the game today. Ripped my game and checked the patch out and it surprisingly works. Turns out the japanese version already had all multi 5 languages in it (just hidden / not activated somewhere).

Some sample screens:

colinp

Banned
desu said:
So someone poked me to patch that translates the game today. Ripped my game and checked the patch out and it surprisingly works. Turns out the japanese version already had all multi 5 languages in it (just hidden / not activated somewhere).

Some sample screens:

Why do they do that? I'm in Japan and would have picked the game up if I could play in English... Now I'll just wait till I visit the States next. Arg.

Excellent news for those wanting to import - a multi-language patch has been released for those on custom firmware! Now you don't have to wait until Q3 to play it.

Edit: beaten, but more people should see this.

manzo

Question to those who own the game!

Does El-Shaddai support 1080p, or does the game force itself to 720p?

(reason for this is that my projector looks way better in 1080p thanks to a shitty scaler. My biggest gripe in PS3 games that I can't use 1080p in everything like I can on the 360..)

Pretty sure 720p but not totally sure.

You used to be able to force 1080p around 2008 and prior on PS3 but seems they got rid of the ability...or I'm missing something. Lots of stuff looked/performed unnatural when upscaled though.

desu

LiK said:
is the US ver really coming out this summer? why can't i preorder it anywhere?

I would think so, thats what Mangod said back in the previews and the localization is done as well already (at least the text). US is probably just late as you can preorder it in the UK already.

Souther

Banned
Kinda OT but...Edwin jeans? Is Japan just getting these jeans now? Because I remember owning a pair of these back in highschool like ummm 18 years ago. They were my fav jeans back then though. Damn expensive too!

Game looks pretty cool. love the art style. Although I wish Lucifel was the antagonist in this game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
E3 2011 quickly approaches... are your mind and body prepared for @ElShaddaiGame ? http://tinyurl.com/3vehgr2

looks like we'll be seeing a US/Euro release date at e3. Though, I can't help but laugh at the idea of it because of the latest CAGcast where Shipwreck talks about how Ignition doesn't have a booth rather they want to meet at Starbucks. Mangod will take over e3 Starbucks

colinp

Banned
Souther said:
Kinda OT but...Edwin jeans? Is Japan just getting these jeans now? Because I remember owning a pair of these back in highschool like ummm 18 years ago. They were my fav jeans back then though. Damn expensive too!

Game looks pretty cool. love the art style. Although I wish Lucifel was the antagonist in this game.

Ummm, Edwin jeans are from Japan.

Yuterald

Is the US demo any different from the JP one?

I can't wait for July 26th! Catherine and Shaddai are just what I need at this point. I'm dying for new Japanese action games.

I really liked the demo. I didn't really know what I was doing but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be too, again probably exacerbated by the fact that I wasn't totally sure how the weapon purification works. But yeah, it's a beautiful game.

This is coming out in the US at about $40 right? If so Day 1.

LiK

GuitarAtomik said:
I really liked the demo. I didn't really know what I was doing but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be too, again probably exacerbated by the fact that I wasn't totally sure how the weapon purification works. But yeah, it's a beautiful game.

This is coming out in the US at about $40 right? If so Day 1.
$60

LiK

GuitarAtomik said:
Really? I swear I heard Shane say on a podcast that it would be budget priced to $40. Or was he just talking about Japan? At $60, I might have to wait on it a bit.
Definitely not budget priced in Japan. And Amazon has preorders for $60 currently. Unless that changes which I doubt.

LiK said:
Definitely not budget priced in Japan. And Amazon has preorders for $60 currently. Unless that changes which I doubt.

Hmm I must have misheard him then. Kills my enthusiasm a bit but I'll definitely get it eventually.

Malajax

Played the demo and all the screens and videos can't compare to what I just saw. I was audibly stunned.

Now I'm just finding out Catherine and El Shaddai are coming out on the same day. Man... Decisions, decisions.

shaowebb

The game looks fun, but they got some REALLY BAD concept artists designing their characters. The worst is the protagonist. Enoch looks like he's wearing a bra, a belly shirt, hotpants, and thigh highs all at the same time and with that much empty space on a white outfit it just comes across as dull to the eye.

Add some seams and extrusions, cover the waist, stop displaying his man marbles and get rid of the bra.

Other than character designs though it looks fun.

Teknoman

Teknoman said:
So demo is up for PS3 and 360. Any real difference between the two versions?

Anyone, or is this pretty much a pick your controller type thing, where both versions are the same?

Seems like it might be best to stick with JP VA, since the mouths arent really synced.

Teknoman said:
Anyone, or is this pretty much a pick your controller type thing, where both versions are the same?

Seems like it might be best to stick with JP VA, since the mouths arent really synced.

On Warning A Huge Podcast, Nick said there are slight differences. Something like better shaders on 360, better framerate on PS3.

Teknoman

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
On Warning A Huge Podcast, Nick said there are slight differences. Something like better shaders on 360, better framerate on PS3.

Hmm PS3 it is then. The game is beautiful as is, and running at 60 all the time would be great (seemed around 60 for the most part on the 360 demo).

Top Bottom