• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

Mod of War: Remastered

👻🎃☠️
Staff Member
Since people are complaining about the merged poll, Mod of War: Remastered Mod of War: Remastered any help?
han solo GIF

PWkXgXG.jpg
My character right now, I’m all over the place stat wise, but I kind of want to try everything. It’s been working so far. Only spells I really use are healing, fireball and flames cleanse me. Got dex to 17 just so I could play around with most dex weapons for fun, but I rarely use them. It’s been claymore since I got it. I have the “berserk” sword but I’m waiting until 31 strength before I switch to it becausei want to 1 hand it when needed.

Hey Blinkin

Finally decided to brave a castle after 17 hours. Wander around stealthily until I find a couple of sites of grace. Get into a fight with what I assume is a mini boss and beat it after 2 tries. Explore a little further, get killed by rats.

This is my first experience with a From Software game and I'm hooked.

I'm not certain I'll ever be able to actually finish most of the game, but I completely understand the appeal of their games now.

This game gives me the same feeling that BOTW did with a Skyrim style setting, but all on steroids and everything wants to brutally kill you.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Found a cool secret on a dungeon in Liurnia.

It's on a catacomb north east of the little erdtree that's on the east of the region, located at the end of a road an gurded by a headless knight. The dungeon is called something like "Catacombs of the Black Knives". Sorry I play in spanish so don't know the exact translation.

Thing is, this dungeon has two bosses, one of them located behind a secret wall. The secret wall is on the room from which you have to drop in order to enter the room that has the lever to open the boss door. Smack the wall with your weapon, right at the other side of the room from where you enter.

Was a total surprise. I wonder if I might have missed more things like this in other dungeons.

UK physical launch​

Other systems are in favor of digital. They will have less sales. Especially steam with 0 sales, since its all digital.
Ok, now where is your proof to show that systems that are in favor of digital actually spend more on digital versions of the same games than psn, besides steam? I'm pretty sure those sell better on Sony platforms as well.

Edit: posting on my damn phone at work. Excuse my sloppiness.

Last edited:
I think I just took a shortcut and skipped the vast majority of the academy...? hope I didn't miss a bunch of shit, just felt like I got to Rennala way too quickly

what I did was

took a couple shortcuts but the major one I think was jumping on this platform that was being raised by some chains, it dropped me off at some upper level. from there, I jumped onto a broken passageway which led directly to Renalla

did I skip a significant amount of the academy? might re-clear it if I missed a lot of loot.

kingfey

Banned
Ok, now where is your proof to show that systems that are in favor of digital actually spend more on digital versions of the same games than psn, besides steam? I'm pretty sure those sell better on Sony platforms as well.
By buying less disc. Why do you think there is less disc sales? You think people dont like the game?
John Krasinski GIF

Also Sony will have split sales, due to disc and digital. So numbers might vary depend on the split between the physical and digital. Xbox is 90% digital because of gamepass, and xss. Steam is all digital. Steam will beat PlayStation on digital. But xbox on UK, nope. Because of the 1/4 split.

Majukun

is it me or good light armor are very difficult to find?
finally got the stats to use the bloodhound fang that is now my primary weapon, but everything else in my equipment is the same thing i started the game with

RafterXL

According to Steam spy, has sold between 5 and 10 million copies on PC

And people still try that "niche" argument nonsense. There's nothing niche about these games and ER looks like it's going to be huge.
enemy placement and level design.
now you can straight up just avoid some encounters by just going aroubd them

while in previous games you would still be able to run and avoid some enemies, especially in the runs from the last bonfire to the fog gate, it was never to this degree
There are more areas in Elden Ring like what you are describing than in any other Souls game. The open world just scratches the surface of content.
um, this might be my favorite game of all time
i can't believe i'm actually saying this
after 27 years, a game finally dethroned chrono trigger for me..
laughcrying9ixgg.gif
People were talking hype and honeymoon, but it's not that. The game is really that great. 50 hours in, and unless something changes that completely destroys my view on what I've already played, it's my favorite game of all time.
I'm sorry, but this is just...such a bad take.
Of course it's a bad take. The person you are talking to think graphics determine how good a game is. They also think the bog standard Ubisoft wannabe HFW open world is "amazing" when it's literally like every other open world complete with towers, waypoints, quest hubs, and a map littered with icons and question marks. I played that game for nearly 40 hours, and not one time I did I discover anything interesting or secret. It's a paint by the numbers experience that leads you by the nose.

But it does let take photos of Aloy with her tongue out shooting peace signs....best game ever!
No idea but same as yesterday I cannot duplicate radahn remembrance. Can you really only duplicate one per game? So why there are so many mausoleums?
Or do I really need to do stupid towers first?
Are you bugged or just making it more complicated than it is? Each mausoleum allows you to duplicate a SINGLE remembrance. What platform, btw?

haxan7

Banned
I don’t like that I’m steamrolling everything because I got overleveled. Next play through I’ll have to follow a very different path.

j0hnnix

I received an update for Elden Ring but it's strange, broken thumbnail + No Title...

PS5.

App Version 1.02.2

Last edited:

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
To people posting "how did I miss this? Where is that!?" , it's called: Play The Game. The world is vast and there are a multitude of secrets and optional wonders to discover. I didn't find the flask of Physik until my 30th hour and that's a very important item in the game, buddy of mine found it within his first 5 hours, it is what it is. Some discoveries, if you're like me and prefer to to find everything on your own do not read:

- rescuing Bok, getting sewing needle and giving it to him will make him your seamstress, garment alterations for free, first lakes bonfire

- hugging chick at Roundtable hold permanently reduces health by 5%, use item she gives you to remove debuff

- killing dragons give you the currency needed to buy dragon spells at the dragon shrine island, Limgrave region

- dude asking about Lanya at Roundtable, search the lakes region, I'll say no more

- transporter chest in a tower in Weeping Peninsula will take you to the capital. For now you can only fight a giant here but there is a chest nearby with an HP Regen talisman, very useful

- helping D kill a boss in Limgrave will grant an introduction to the beastmaster who sells beast incantations

There are 50 more things I could list, the scale of this world and it's many treasures is mind-boggling. From Friday-Monday I clocked 40 hours, crazy, don't think I'm even 30% through the game and all it has to uncover yet.

Last edited:

Braag

I feel like I made a huge a mistake going with a str build. Ah well, I guess it's not too late to start putting some points into int.

I don't understand how this game is getting such widespread appeal and praise from such a huge audience

don't get me wrong, this is easily becoming possibly my GOAT, but holy fuck is this game brutal at times

mild spoilers below, right after the academy

so I finished the academy and decided I didn't want to take the "cowards route" again which is what I did on my faith/str build.

problem is I have no idea where to begin looking for the right piece. I've been paying attention and I still have no clue where it is. and the world is fucking huge. so I ended up googling it. and holy FUCK is the region it is located in brutal. there were dragons are regular monster spawns, the rats have like 2000 health, and it is tucked away in some tower behind all that crap. and how were we supposed to know it's even there?

maybe the intended route is the "cowards route" and using the lift is optional. if that's the case, the battle with the magma wyvern or whatever was 10x harder for me than Rennala

this game just throws difficulty spikes at you left and right. I love it and am having a good time, but I would imagine your average casual would have given up a while ago

Last edited:
A friend of mine ended up gifting me this game as a late birthday gift, so I decided to run the PS4 pro version on PS5 for 60fps. I completely forgot about the grass not being as lush a few hours in. It's not worth the tradeoff for lack of 60fps.

It's a fun game so far though. I've been spending a lot of time on the southern land(Castle Morne) due to wanting to get the whip so a lot of my first bosses aren't the same as what everyone's been talking about. On the way south I ran into this boss clad in all black on a black horse, looked a lot like this character:

e30e8c977e44a1ad4a8b18c40b875f58.jpg

He killed me rather fast and then when I returned to the area he was completely gone. I looked around for almost an hour and didn't find him again. I'm hoping it wasn't my one shot against him because if so I failed.

A friend of mine ended up gifting me this game as a late birthday gift, so I decided to run the PS4 pro version on PS5 for 60fps. I completely forgot about the grass not being as lush a few hours in. It's not worth the tradeoff for lack of 60fps.

It's a fun game so far though. I've been spending a lot of time on the southern land(Castle Morne) due to wanting to get the whip so a lot of my first bosses aren't the same as what everyone's been talking about. On the way south I ran into this boss clad in all black on a black horse, looked a lot like this character:

e30e8c977e44a1ad4a8b18c40b875f58.jpg

He killed me rather fast and then when I returned to the area he was completely gone. I looked around for almost an hour and didn't find him again. I'm hoping it wasn't my one shot against him because if so I failed.
He roams the road at night

Has a great drop too

0neAnd0nly

Alright... small victory for this FROM noob.

I beat the beastman in the cave near where you start with confessor. I know that probably seems stupid, but it took me a solid 12-15 times. I am 2 hours in now, so still figuring this out.

Shout out major to I collect VHS tapes I collect VHS tapes for letting me know I missed the tutorial, as it helped me big time when I went back and did it.

Still not sure how I feel about this game... haha. That mini cave boss was so frustrating to me, and the first "boss" I fought. Ugh. We'll see!

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Gold Member
I pwned Margit in one shot. Maybe it's because it's my most watched boss fight after the network test, but he was simple. Godrick is totally new though and kicked my ass 3 times, I'll come back later lol. I by passed the castle the first time and found a merchant near a swamp that had a belt lantern which is coming in really handy, no more needing a torch.

Top Bottom