• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Splinter

I have to agree with fireblend.

Palmer ultimately cast useless votes on both days. On the first day he voted for Sorian, on the second day he voted for Salva. He has held back when it came to accusations, or rather I don't think he ever followed them up much, it's almost as if he's flying under the radar even though he posted quite a lot, as evidenced by the fact that (if I didn't misread things) he only received a single vote in this entire game. That vote was cast by Sorian, who ended up dead. I'd also add that he didn't put me under confirmed town, even though I've already given away my name.

He also goes around and states the obvious, as well as calls people idiots. I honestly don't feel like getting called names and I don't feel like keeping him in the game.

VOTE: Palmer_v1
Small correction: I also voted him D1
(Don't think that really changes your point though)

Hrmm...

I'm going with my gut. Read my critical post (first post of this day) since I don't feel like explaining this vote again.

Vote: El Topo

Fireblend

Banned
If im not town for doing it how is he?

If you're not willing to recognize how different the conditions under which you proposed to "maybe" consider lynching Hyper as opposed to voting for him 10 mins before the day ended were, that makes you more scummy in my eyes.

Palmer_v1

If you're not willing to recognize how different the conditions under which you proposed to "maybe" consider lynching Hyper as opposed to voting for him 10 mins before the day ended were, that makes you more scummy in my eyes.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178781891&postcount=1001

Hyper would never been a lynch candidate if not for this post starting that chain. The only people who voted for him Day 1 were Sorian and kalor.

If I was scum, why would I propose a plan that put him so squarely in the spotlight? Was my master plan to actually go after Kalor? Did he really seem terribly dangerous to the scum team?

I want to throw something in the room that was bothering me about Salvas RC. I generally find Salvas role a little odd. First of all it is extremely self centered and does not really benefit anyone except for himself. I mean he did accidentally kill our doctor. And also now that it's out in the open the chance that he would ever need to use it again is close to zero, right? The only thing it brought us was an end to the SK hunt. He is basically immune to NK atm which of course is good for us but I still think there is something fishy going on here.

I don't really know what to make off it at all. Even for me it does not make any sense that he saved me. My theory until this morning was that he actually saved L_P and just made it look like he RC just for my benefit. I hope he will say some more about it today and clear those things up a little.

Fireblend, I like your idea of going through those people because it gives us something to work with for today. I will comment in more detail tmr when I have more time.

Palmer_v1

There are far more logical courses of action right now, anyway.

Lynch BSP! If she flips as a killer, we'll know salva is possibly full of shit. If not, we'll know we can probably trust Salva.

Unless anybody actually thinks she's GOP?

Unless we dig something up in Hyper's activity(I haven't had time to go back yet), lynching BSP is the best possible thing we can do.

Palmer_v1

I want to throw something in the room that was bothering me about Salvas RC. I generally find Salvas role a little odd. First of all it is extremely self centered and does not really benefit anyone except for himself. I mean he did accidentally kill our doctor. And also now that it's out in the open the chance that he would ever need to use it again is close to zero, right? The only thing it brought us was an end to the SK hunt. He is basically immune to NK atm which of course is good for us but I still think there is something fishy going on here.

I don't really know what to make off it at all. Even for me it does not make any sense that he saved me. My theory until this morning was that he actually saved L_P and just made it look like he RC just for my benefit. I hope he will say some more about it today and clear those things up a little.

Fireblend, I like your idea of going through those people because it gives us something to work with for today. I will comment in more detail tmr when I have more time.

His role claim is the holy grail for scum hiding. It has a built in reason why the scum haven't killed him despite his "confirmed" town status, and prevents cops or anyone else from checking him either. I also still take major issue with his claimed name of Ron Paul, but nobody else seems to think that's a problem.

The only reason I'm unsure about him is he RC'd to protect you, and I still think you're a bigger issue for us.

Lynch BSP! If she flips as a killer, we'll know salva is possibly full of shit. If not, we'll know we can probably trust Salva.

Unless we dig something up in Hyper's activity(I haven't had time to go back yet), lynching BSP is the best possible thing we can do.

Is this for fucking real?

There's no way Salva is full of shit. Lol. Jesus.

IqXIKJV.gif

Hyper would never been a lynch candidate if not for this post starting that chain. The only people who voted for him Day 1 were Sorian and kalor.

If I was scum, why would I propose a plan that put him so squarely in the spotlight? Was my master plan to actually go after Kalor? Did he really seem terribly dangerous to the scum team?

Just spitballing here, but your plan was to focus on the people that didn't vote for Kingkitty. A small group of 4. You then voted for Kalor.

The plan could have been to get Kalor voted out, then go "oh fuck he was Town, maybe we should change course and focus in kingkitty voters." This also covered your ass if any one of them ended up being scum. You could do what you're trying to do right now and saying "hey I mentioned them as a potential vote target, I can't be scum!"

Yes, I understand that. I actually wrote down my death note yesterday So right now I'm just enjoing every second I'm still in the game :p

BSP, I actually do want to ask more. You mentioned that you "may" get a visa if scum is lynched. What exactly is "may". I really doubt that the wording was that vague in your pm. Are you another victim of the 50% randomness?

Fireblend

Banned

I don't buy your argument. How in the world you voting for Hyper early in the day makes thinking Salva is scum even a remote possibility? The fact stands that 10 minutes before the day was up, Salva offered Hyper, who had literally no votes on him before, as a lynch candidate. Tell me why mafia would do that. And you ended up voting for him, for some reason, even after it was obvious he wouldn't be lynched.

You didn't put him squarely in the spotlight either. You pushed Kalor way harder than Hyper. I've been mafia and I've posted reads saying my mafia teammates seem suspicious, and conceded to points were other are suspicious of them. That's how mafia plays.

Mafia doesn't start a bandwagon against their own 10 mins before the time is up when we were all scrambling to see who to put our votes on.

I believe BSP is a neutral atm. Either way, I think most people believe that too, so I doubt that's the route we're taking today.

I don't think it's all that fishy. Town roles that can backfire are not that uncommon. Still, it's a possibility worth exploring, but at least not until we've discarded the first three on my list, I think. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on that.

Palmer_v1

I don't buy your argument. How in the world you voting for Hyper early in the day makes thinking Salva is scum even a remote possibility? The fact stands that 10 minutes before the day was up, Salva offered Hyper, who had literally no votes on him before, as a lynch candidate. Tell me why mafia would do that. And you ended up voting for him, for some reason, even after it was obvious he wouldn't be lynched.

You didn't put him squarely in the spotlight either. You pushed Kalor way harder than Hyper. I've been mafia and I've posted reads saying my mafia teammates seem suspicious, and conceded to points were other are suspicious of them. That's how mafia plays.

Mafia doesn't start a bandwagon against their own 10 mins before the time is up when we were all scrambling to see who to put our votes on.

I believe BSP is a neutral atm. Either way, I think most people believe that too, so I doubt that's the route we're taking today.

I don't think it's all that fishy. Town roles that can backfire are not that uncommon. Still, it's a possibility worth exploring, but at least not until we've discarded the first three on my list, I think. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on that.

Yes or no. You think I'm scum and was bussing Hyper who had 0 votes when D1 ended, and (I think) 0 votes at the time of my post, for a chance to get Kalor(The great and terrible scum killer) lynched. Anything except a Yes or No, and you get added to my ignore list for the remainder of this game.

Yes or no. Regardless of your previous response, you think that town should lynch me today, instead of BSP. Anything except a Yes or No, and you get added to my ignore list for the remainder of this game.

You don't find Salvapot's play to be a problem at all?

I'd appreciate responses from other people as well, though you're not under the same strictures as this dodgy bastard.

Seriously Fireblend, if you're scum, good job on being the first one to figure out how to ruin my Day game.

If you're town, maybe it's best that you haven't survived very long in previous games.

Palmer_v1

Oh, and I'm away for the next 6-7 hours to play Destiny. Would be nice to see concrete posts and votes from everyone by then.

Vote: BananaSpacePrincess

It's irresponsible of town to leave you alive.

Ourobolus

Banned
*knock* *knock*
"mmmmrff...wha...?"
*knock* *knock*
"...are you fucking kidding me...?"
Jon rubbed his eyes fitfully as he rolled over and turned on the lamp on the bedside table. As he flung his legs out from the bedsheets to the floor below, he bellowed, "IT'S TWO IN THE GODDAMN MORNING!"
*knock* *knock*
"...Goddammit."
He plodded down the hallway, still groggy from being jostled awake. Unlatching the deadbolt, he groaned as he turned the knob and opened the door.
"Do you have any idea what ti-" he began, but stopped as he saw who stood there.
It was the same policeman. Same scowl. Same dead look in his eyes.
"Uh...hello, officer?"
"Here, we have another letter for you. It's from Hyperactivity - he wanted you to have it." He handed Jon a letter. His hand trembled as he passed it along.
"Oh. Thanks. Don't you...don't you have anything better to be doing at two in the morning?" Jon asked, desperately trying not to sound like a complete asshole.
The cop paused as he stared at Jon straight in the eye. "No, sir. No, I don't." He tipped his cap as he turned and stepped off the porch.
Jon watched him get in his car and key the ignition. As he pulled out of the driveway, he looked down to read the letter.

Hyperactivity said:
Ugh. You guys are so stupid it hurts. I hope all of you never come close to ever winning this presidency. The GOP and it's stupidity will NOT survive any longer in the 21st century!

Fireblend

Banned
Yes or no. You think I'm scum and was bussing Hyper who had 0 votes when D1 ended, and (I think) 0 votes at the time of my post, for a chance to get Kalor(The great and terrible scum killer) lynched. Anything except a Yes or No, and you get added to my ignore list for the remainder of this game.

Yes or no. Regardless of your previous response, you think that town should lynch me today, instead of BSP. Anything except a Yes or No, and you get added to my ignore list for the remainder of this game.

You don't find Salvapot's play to be a problem at all?

I'd appreciate responses from other people as well, though you're not under the same strictures as this dodgy bastard.

Seriously Fireblend, if you're scum, good job on being the first one to figure out how to ruin my Day game.

If you're town, maybe it's best that you haven't survived very long in previous games.
Yes, I think you're our best lynch candidate today. I feel like I've justified that stance enough today.
No, I don't have a problem with Salva's play. Didn't it result in a scum flip? Or what play are you referring to? Because that to me redeems anything else he's done. I like how you refuse to acknowledge the magnitude of him doing that. Salva, what's your take on this?

I have a problem with you threatening me to put me on ignore though. Also, how in the world could I be scum?

And I'll have you know I ended up winning those other games :p

Ourobolus

Banned
Morning came, and with it a new spring in Jon's step. While he bemoaned the lack of future news regarding Donald Trump with which he could skewer, he felt that the world was slightly smarter for the loss. On average.
The coffee was brewed, he still had some lox left over from the previous day, and he had no plans for the day. One free day to just relax and do nothing.
But then came a knock on the door. And another.
"Well, aren't I the popular one?" Jon joked as he took a bite of his lox and bagel before heading to the front door. Opening the door, he was surprised to be greeted with a familar face. The sun shone directly behind it, but even that couldn't hide the fact that the policeman looked as miserable as he always did.
"Sir."
"Yes, officer? Let me guess, another letter?"
"Yes, sir." The policeman offered the latest correspondence to Jon. He tipped his cap once more, then turned and walked away. Jon watched him again, but then was puzzled as he swore he saw the policeman raise his arm to his face and brush something away from his eyes.
The policeman drove away.
Jon peered down at the letter, and began to rip it open, but paused when he noticed that there were tiny splotches of water on the envelope.
He glanced once more at the police car in the distance, and then read the letter.

Lone_Prodigy said:
I don't have time for this political nonsense. I'm going back to the TV show I hosted... err I mean promoting my mattress line... um managing the Miss Universe pageant?... Banging my hot wife! There! Beat that! Pull my hair, it's real!

Ourobolus

Banned
CURRENT VOTES

Palmer_v1 (2)
Fireblend
El Topo

Fireblend (0)
bananaspaceprincess

CornBurrito (2)
cabot
nin1000

El Topo (1)
CornBurrito

SalvaPot (0)
Blargonaut

bananaspaceprincess (1)
Palmer_v1

6 votes needed for majority.

SalvaPot

Ok, I was away for the day, had visits, then today in a few hours I have a to fly to see my parents since we have this huge family reunion, I already setup my phone so I can follow the game and comment when I have a chance, but typing in the phone is a huuuuge pain in the ass.

I´ll give my thoughts of the game in the next post.

SalvaPot

About Palmer
...I am sorry dude, my play was completely insane and I pretty much got town to vote on the only person I suspected out of a very weird reason.

Here is the thing, I read Palmer´s post where he votes against me... and I understand why. Just think about it, my roleclaim is absolutely stupid in the context and moment it was and served for a very unique purpose: to confuse town. And it did. I got lucky I hit a scum player with my last minute vote, it was egoistical, selfish, and, above all, hilarious. I play to win, but also for fun. When hyper flipped town I was so fucking happy I kept updating the thread to see everyones reactions

I already explained my justification of why I claimed when I did. I´ll try to be more specific.

I don´t know what role has bananaspaceprincess, I just don´t. She has no relation to me and there was no reason for me to save her. my roleclaim was not to save her, it was to answer the question that was the main reason why she was been lynched. Why there was two deaths in the night instead of just 1?

Here is a fact, something that few people realize: Scum knew who they targeted, but they had no idea who killed the other victim. Burbeting and Sorian died Night 1. Only scum and me knew that Burbeting was killed by scum, but only I knew I was the one responsible for Sorian´s death.

When I confirmed that I had killed Sorian... Scum knew I was telling the true. Town had no proof that I was telling the truth, but scum did. This is why I needed to wait to make my roleclaim, because not only town was disoriented, but scum was too.

But the trigger that had me claim when we had 2 hours left was the fact that bsp was getting lynched under the suspicion of her been a SK. To me, knowing this was not true, felt like a wasted lynch. I don´t know what kind of condition her role has, and sure, when you have nothing it sounds like a safe choice to lynch, but it just didn´t felt right, I just couldn´t vote for her and pretend there was a SK, when I knew I was responsible for that death and that train of thought was leading nowhere.

So anyway, lets talk about why I voted hyper

I buy salva, there was no pressure on him, leaving bsp alive for another day

Not sure I but l_ps claim

This was the post that, in my mind, confirmed my suspicion on hyper. My claim was full of exploitable holes (The most obvious one is what bsp just said, that it pretty much keeps me safe from investigators and would be killer), or also one that no one has mentioned that I am actually the SK and I am playing you all for fools by trying to win goodwill by saving l_p and bsp. I was expecting people to try to counter my claim, but having hyper, a player that clearly was not above putting pressure, just buying my claim told me that he knew I was saying the truth, because he and his partners killed burb, so I clearly killed sorian, it made sense for them.

And this deduction is also full of holes, because there was a chance that, again, he could have just believed me because my claim was weird enough to fit with ouro´s madness.

Either way, when the clock was ticking down, hyper had given me know 3 reasons to vote for him. The first was suspecting l_p for something ouro did, the second was arguing my defense of l_p with the same arguments, and the third was agreeing with me and confirming my claim in such a definitive way,

So I took the risk. I knew that if he flipped town I would probably be voted out by the next day, since I started the bandwagon, but I knew I couldn´t join a bandwagon later on, because as I said, I can´t hammer the vote.

So, TLDR:

I think Palmer is not scum, at least not for now.
I got lucky with Hyper.
My role is a fucking mess, but what I claimed is the truth.

Oh, and I am not against lynching bsp if there is not a better lead today, but honestly we can be sure we have a pretty convincing list of suspects out of the people that didn´t vote for hyper or where late to the voting party. If you feel bsp is too much of a risk to let live, then fine by me.

Palmer_v1

About Palmer
...I am sorry dude, my play was completely insane and I pretty much got town to vote on the only person I suspected out of a very weird reason.

Here is the thing, I read Palmer´s post where he votes against me... and I understand why. Just think about it, my roleclaim is absolutely stupid in the context and moment it was and served for a very unique purpose: to confuse town. And it did. I got lucky I hit a scum player with my last minute vote, it was egoistical, selfish, and, above all, hilarious. I play to win, but also for fun. When hyper flipped town I was so fucking happy I kept updating the thread to see everyones reactions

I already explained my justification of why I claimed when I did. I´ll try to be more specific.

I don´t know what role has bananaspaceprincess, I just don´t. She has no relation to me and there was no reason for me to save her. my roleclaim was not to save her, it was to answer the question that was the main reason why she was been lynched. Why there was two deaths in the night instead of just 1?

Here is a fact, something that few people realize: Scum knew who they targeted, but they had no idea who killed the other victim. Burbeting and Sorian died Night 1. Only scum and me knew that Burbeting was killed by scum, but only I knew I was the one responsible for Sorian´s death.

When I confirmed that I had killed Sorian... Scum knew I was telling the true. Town had no proof that I was telling the truth, but scum did. This is why I needed to wait to make my roleclaim, because not only town was disoriented, but scum was too.

But the trigger that had me claim when we had 2 hours left was the fact that bsp was getting lynched under the suspicion of her been a SK. To me, knowing this was not true, felt like a wasted lynch. I don´t know what kind of condition her role has, and sure, when you have nothing it sounds like a safe choice to lynch, but it just didn´t felt right, I just couldn´t vote for her and pretend there was a SK, when I knew I was responsible for that death and that train of thought was leading nowhere.

So anyway, lets talk about why I voted hyper

This was the post that, in my mind, confirmed my suspicion on hyper. My claim was full of exploitable holes (The most obvious one is what bsp just said, that it pretty much keeps me safe from investigators and would be killer), or also one that no one has mentioned that I am actually the SK and I am playing you all for fools by trying to win goodwill by saving l_p and bsp. I was expecting people to try to counter my claim, but having hyper, a player that clearly was not above putting pressure, just buying my claim told me that he knew I was saying the truth, because he and his partners killed burb, so I clearly killed sorian, it made sense for them.

And this deduction is also full of holes, because there was a chance that, again, he could have just believed me because my claim was weird enough to fit with ouro´s madness.

Either way, when the clock was ticking down, hyper had given me know 3 reasons to vote for him. The first was suspecting l_p for something ouro did, the second was arguing my defense of l_p with the same arguments, and the third was agreeing with me and confirming my claim in such a definitive way,

So I took the risk. I knew that if he flipped town I would probably be voted out by the next day, since I started the bandwagon, but I knew I couldn´t join a bandwagon later on, because as I said, I can´t hammer the vote.

So, TLDR:

I think Palmer is not scum, at least not for now.
I got lucky with Hyper.
My role is a fucking mess, but what I claimed is the truth.

Oh, and I am not against lynching bsp if there is not a better lead today, but honestly we can be sure we have a pretty convincing list of suspects out of the people that didn´t vote for hyper or where late to the voting party. If you feel bsp is too much of a risk to let live, then fine by me.

If we agree she's neutral, lynching her is the safest bet. Look at previous Neutrals:

Sorian just bussed town for his own win in NX.
I bussed town for a Mafia win in Star Wars.
JohnnyQuickKnives won without doing much, but was active trying to fuck with town roles.
El Topo killed our Doctor in Archer.
Seath accomplished nothing in Archer.
Blarg and whoever wasted a ton of town's time in Cthulhu(I think, I paid the least attention here)
Karkador killed our Doctor in Season 1,but also sort of cooperated to help town eventually win, ut we still had to kill him when it was clear he was going ot become dangerous again.

The track record for leaving neutrals alive is pretty dismal.

SalvaPot

If we agree she's neutral, lynching her is the safest bet. Look at previous Neutrals:

JohnnyQuickKnives won without doing much, but was active trying to fuck with town roles.
Blarg and whoever wasted a ton of town's time in Cthulhu(I think, I paid the least attention here)
Karkador killed our Doctor in Season 1,but also sort of cooperated to help town eventually win, ut we still had to kill him when it was clear he was going ot become dangerous again.

Sure, but neutral is really not a town priority when the town condition is to get scum instead. They are great for safe lynches, but I think we should follow the leads we have right now, since she doesn´t seem to have a kill and doesn´t pose an immediate treat.

What do you think about my role, and voting hyper?

nin1000

Banned

Your reasoning makes sense and I am willing to go down your path of anger in order to see how you will react to BSP's death. What will you do if she is neutral and useless, as she already claimed?

Palmer_v1

Sure, but neutral is really not a town priority when the town condition is to get scum instead. They are great for safe lynches, but I think we should follow the leads we have right now, since she doesn´t seem to have a kill and doesn´t pose an immediate treat.

What do you think about my role, and voting hyper?

The point about Neutrals is that a LOT of them didn't seem like immediate threats and weren't a priority for anyone until it was too late. They won't reveal their real hand until they're in a position of strength, and by then, town is usually scrambling to deal with other issues as well. NOW is the safe time to lynch her because we don't currently have hard proof about anything else.

As for your claim, I just wish you had done it Day 1, or failing that, found a way to claim yesterday that would convince Scum to go after you and hopefully die.

Considering town has more targeting roles than scum, you were far more likely to hurt us instead of them. At worse, you end up getting lynched D1, but that's still better than losing Doctor N1.

You let us waste entirely too much time yesterday when we could have been focused on Hyper and Kalor instead. Then you claimed in a way that guarantees you lose what little utility you might have had. As soon as the BSP train started, you should have claimed to have blocked or tracked her or something. That way you clear her and also make yourself an ideal target for scum that night.

Palmer_v1

Your reasoning makes sense and I am willing to go down your path of anger in order to see how you will react to BSP's death. What will you do if she is neutral and useless, as she already claimed?

I don't want to question Ouro, but if that really is her role, it seems pretty terrible. I guess I'd feel bad that BSP got stuck with a tough role in her first game. I would feel no regret about having killer her though. It's hands down the best thing to do right now.

We get info on neutrals.
Get info about Salvapot
Get info about everyone that has been for or against her death.

If you just want to use it as ammo to lynch me after the fact, feel free. I thought Sorian's death was on me, but apparently that wasn't actually related to D1.

SalvaPot

The point about Neutrals is that a LOT of them didn't seem like immediate threats and weren't a priority for anyone until it was too late. They won't reveal their real hand until they're in a position of strength, and by then, town is usually scrambling to deal with other issues as well. NOW is the safe time to lynch her because we don't currently have hard proof about anything else.

As for your claim, I just wish you had done it Day 1, or failing that, found a way to claim yesterday that would convince Scum to go after you and hopefully die.

Considering town has more targeting roles than scum, you were far more likely to hurt us instead of them. At worse, you end up getting lynched D1, but that's still better than losing Doctor N1.

You let us waste entirely too much time yesterday when we could have been focused on Hyper and Kalor instead. Then you claimed in a way that guarantees you lose what little utility you might have had. As soon as the BSP train started, you should have claimed to have blocked or tracked her or something. That way you clear her and also make yourself an ideal target for scum that night.

Here is the thing, I had no reason to claim day 1. I am playing this game, so of course I want to survive. When day 1 ended, I was hoping no town role would try to get to me, the only situation that occurred was maybe a tracker or a investigator would try to get me, but remember, my role is a 50/50. If I didn´t kill them by accident, then I´ll be confirmed town. It was an acceptable situation for me, because most likely nothing would happen at all, since there was no guarantee someone would bother me visiting me at all. And if scum decide to visit me then I had a chance at killing them. If I had claimed day 1, my role become pretty much useless. What I didn´t expect was the doctor to try and protect me, it made no sense to me, since by the end of day 1 I was pretty that I was one of the main suspects to been scum, so protecting me made no sense.

So when day 2 came I had more to gain if I made my claim. I had information for town, that only I knew. But revealing that information early would give scum enough time to make a plan and counter my claim, since they knew I was saying the truth.

About making a fake claim, claiming anything other than the truth would put me in a tight situation later on when I would have obviously be targeted by mafia or contradicted by a town players. People don´t like to be lied at, and when you are a town player that knows absolutely nothing about who is who, all your can believe are facts. This person lied to me. This person didn´t. Who do I lynch?

l_p was forced to claim, but that really wasn´t on me. I think he made the right choice, at that moment town was ready to lynch him, even I said I won´t oppose it.

But if I had not claimed, we must likely would be in a situation where BSP was lynched day 2, a random player would have been killed night 2, with a chance of me killing another player that visited me, regardless of alignment, and l_p would be lynched day 3. Of course is easy for me to say that this is a good situation now that I lucked out on lynching hyper, but you can´t deny that my play was because I felt the game was going in a direction I felt was wrong.

Palmer_v1

Here is the thing, I had no reason to claim day 1. I am playing this game, so of course I want to survive.

Only have an issue with this part. Town can't be selfish about their own survival when it has a chance to hurt town. You're not in the game to survive. You're in the game to help town win.

If I was a miller or bomb, I would happily bus myself D1. You did have reason to claim D1, whether it was ENOUGH reason is certainly debatable though.

I'm after BSP right now though.

SalvaPot

Only have an issue with this part. Town can't be selfish about their own survival when it has a chance to hurt town. You're not in the game to survive. You're in the game to help town win.

If I was a miller or bomb, I would happily bus myself D1. You did have reason to claim D1, whether it was ENOUGH reason is certainly debatable though.

I'm after BSP right now though.

I considered my chances. I was not a bomb, I was a 50/50 bomb, and at the time I was not sure I was the only player with a role that had odds. Town absolutely can be selfish if they think its for the benefit of town, as I did. Odds allowed me to have a wait and see approach, and that I did.

nin1000

Banned

I hope you understand palmer that this is why i did not want to lynch BSP right away, i still dont want to because i doubt for now that she is a thread.

Here are my comments on the list, with some additions from myself.

Palmer_v1 and Fireblend: I honestly have to say that I put you too in the same box together since D1 labeling it with “The once who yell the very loudest (at me)”. And there are some other parallels in your play style. Both of you are aggressive and pushy players and also both of you are kind of able to lead discussions and lead opinions into specific directions. This is not a problem at all if you are both town but you know what they say: sometimes the once yelling loudest turn out to be scum in the end! (
If it's an not actual saying, it sure as hell should be! ^^
)

The first Mafia game I ever followed was CoC and you two just remind me so hard of nin1000 and the Worthy Edge bickering with each other and in the end flip scum together :D :D
So yes right now you are leading the conversation so it's hard for anyone to stand up against one of you, especially if you can't vote. For me both of you are suspicious and I hope all other players just not forget about that saying ;)

Now, CornBurrito: At the end of the day, he was just a feather in the wind. I do think you might be onto something with his hesitation to vote for Hyper but I got to say that I myself was confused as hell yesterday and for the first time I was just happy not be able to vote within this insanity. Also Salva’s explanation from today definitely would have helped making a decision at that point but I get why he kept it till today.

El Topo: El Topo is the one I feel most likely to be town from the people on this list. And it has to do with Kalor putting his double vote on him. Kalor RCed because if he wouldn’t have he sure would be dead by now. Since at this point we have no clue about Kalors alignment he could also be scum. And following that theory he sure would not have targeted EL Topo if he would be scum as well. Does that make any sense? A lot of assumptions here of course and it shows that the players who did vote for Hyper are not of the hook yet either.

*Splinter: I do not have an opinion of him. I do think he just missed the crazy phase yesterday since his vote was still on me even after there were other main targets to aim at that point.

Never Forever: I put Never Forever in the box right opposite of the Fireblend/Palmer box. His box is labeled “quite and slippery”. I know he was making a decent amount of posts so far in the game but there was never something that got stuck to my mind. He was just slipping through the days, mostly unnoticed. There is another saying: sometimes the once being quitest turn out to be scum in the end. I’m sure Blarg has a different play style and let’s not rush into something like the Launchpad/L_P situation!

Now back to me: CB I don’t know when I will turn into a valuable player. It says if scum is killed during the day I might get my visa approved. At the beginning I thought it depends on how many we kill but seeing all that 50/50 shit in this game I do believe now that Ouro just flips a coin every time.

Also I inform you that I will not have access to a computer until tmr evening. I should be back to see the end of the day turn mad again but if I'm not, be gentle!

Oh and something else. Did everybody post something already or do we have to assume there is another silenced player here today?

cabot

OK, why is Fireblend so adamant that Salva led us all to juicy Mafia glory yesterday?

I'm glad Salva was honest and admitted it was luck.

Most of your reasoning on Palmer falls on this belief that Salva played some awesome pro-town ability and took down a Mafia very skillfully.

The shit was a mess, and absolutely pure luck. That luck is the same reason we can't use it as a reasonable motive for others actively choosing to lynch someone else, but we can use it to go after people who didn't seem to have a clue where to put a vote.

Thats why I have CB and Splinter in my suspects list, and not Palmer. Nothing has me changing that.

Splinter wasn't present at all during the Hyper switch, which makes it difficult to go after him.

*Splinter

I hope you understand palmer that this is why i did not want to lynch BSP right away, i still dont want to because i doubt for now that she is a thread.
With Hyper's death and BSP still being voteless, I am convinced she lied about her win condition. It makes sense - she'd have no chance to win if she told us the condition and it was in conflict with ours.

We already lynched 1 scum, how many could she feasibly need? How many are we even likely to have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom