• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
Palmer_v1 and Fireblend: I honestly have to say that I put you too in the same box together since D1 labeling it with “The once who yell the very loudest (at me)”. And there are some other parallels in your play style. Both of you are aggressive and pushy players and also both of you are kind of able to lead discussions and lead opinions into specific directions. This is not a problem at all if you are both town but you know what they say: sometimes the once yelling loudest turn out to be scum in the end! (
If it's an not actual saying, it sure as hell should be! ^^
)

Consider both our discussion style. Have I ever called anyone an idiot? Have I ever threatened anyone to put them on ignore? What I do is repeat and repeat my arguments to try to get them across to people. What Palmer does is give non-answers by talking about how stupid people are.

Look at what he's trying to do now. Get you lynched, when we have already established the nature of day 1's second kill so it's reasonable to let you live for now, but he's still "trying to get info on Salva" by lynching you when, if you read above, we already know he is most likely town, again he's targeting town.

You agreed with me that narrowing down the list of lynch candidates how I did at the start of the day was reasonable. Palmer is trying to derail that and ignoring it completely. Completely, not even conceding one single point, which would make sense for a scum player who knows me to be right and wants that post gone from your thoughts ASAP.

And again, consider how we both play. Yes, I'm loud, but I'm not aggressive. I respond by rephrasing my arguments, trying to get them across. Not by threatening or calling names. Really look at how we play.

Palmer_v1

And just to connect that to my main argument, Palmer, in response to Salva's vote did exactly what scum would have done to save one of its teammates: Offered an alternative that we now know is Town. I know that at the time we didn't know it, but now we do know per my logic above, and Palmer would have known if he was scum that Salva wasn't on his team, obviously. It is suspicious. It deserves scrutiny.

I took my vote off the second best candidate to vote for Salva. If I was trying to save a teammate, I could easy have left it where it was and pretended I was too late to get back before the vote.

cabot

Consider both our discussion style. Have I ever called anyone an idiot? Have I ever threatened anyone to put them on ignore? What I do is repeat and repeat my arguments to try to get them across to people. What Palmer does is give non-answers by talking about how stupid people are.

That's how Palmer plays. I've seen nothing out of the ordinary so far.

Also I don't think you understood my point about Salva.

He probably is town due to hitting Hyper in the way you described, but you pointed Palmer voting Salva as a bad thing because Salva led Hyper to lynch. This was before he flipped. Salva's claim was ridiculous which he even admits. I basically don't see any solid evidence between linking Palmer being suspicious and him making a vote on Salva yesterday.

Palmer can defend himself well enough, so that's all I'm saying on it. I just want you to understand my thinking.

nin1000

Banned

He probably is town due to hitting Hyper in the way you described, but you pointed Palmer voting Salva as a bad thing because Salva led Hyper to lynch. This was before he flipped. Salva's claim was ridiculous which he even admits. I basically don't see any solid evidence between linking Palmer being suspicious and him making a vote on Salva yesterday.

Palmer can defend himself well enough, so that's all I'm saying on it. I just want you to understand my thinking.
I hate Palmer but I like him :*

Fireblend

Banned

Ok. Yeah, I'm willing to concede that I don't have decisive evidence against Palmer, I just strongly distrust him which is why my vote goes to him. I wasn't defending that vote in my post, I was defending Salva's town status. Nothing's decisive in this game, and Palmer's last minutes of D2 struck me as super suspicious.

All I have to say about that is if you won't vote Palmer until we have super decisive evidence against him then you never will and I won't be ever able to convince you to do so. Palmer, how does it feel to have a reputation that shields you from scrutiny? That must be pretty badass.

Anyway, the next best thing I can do after actually lynching scum is narrowing down the list of potential scum, because that also gets us closer to victory, so it is important to me that we establish that Salva's town, Palmer aside.

cabot

I meant to go back to this, but this happened in D2 where I couldn't really go into detail.

What was so scummy about Launch?

He defended me pretty well on D1 (and in fact read me completely correctly) and seemed much more pro-town, contributive and helpful in expanding discussion. L_P was a goner due to the circumstances but I feel bad because I would've tried to put up some form of a fight if I was able to type.

cabot

All I have to say about that is if you won't vote Palmer until we have super decisive evidence against him then you never will and I won't be ever able to convince you to do so. Palmer, how does it feel to have a reputation that shields you from scrutiny? That must be pretty badass.

It's because he's a good player. He's not been dead weight at all in this game. The rest of your point is just subjective. I don't see any convincing evidence to vote on him, yet you do. That's it. Either he does more things which are increasingly suspicious and I/others are won over to vote on him, or not.

Fireblend

Banned
It's because he's a good player. He's not been dead weight at all in this game. The rest of your point is just subjective. I don't see any convincing evidence to vote on him, yet you do. That's it. Either he does more things which are increasingly suspicious and I/others are won over to vote on him, or not.

History will redeem me :p

Ouro, can we have a vote count?

Also, echoing Palmer's D1 advice, I'd like everyone to have a vote in place (without turboing obviously), just so we can avoid day 2's last minutes scrambling.

Ourobolus

Banned
CURRENT VOTES

Palmer_v1 (2)
Fireblend
El Topo

Fireblend (0)
bananaspaceprincess

CornBurrito (3)
cabot
nin1000
*Splinter

El Topo (1)
CornBurrito

SalvaPot (0)
Blargonaut

bananaspaceprincess (1)
Palmer_v1

6 votes needed for majority.

On break at work. Nin/Cabot what do you think of my reasoning behind an el topo vote though?

Also please please please nobody turbo me while I am at work :(

El Topo

Also, echoing Palmer's D1 advice, I'd like everyone to have a vote in place (without turboing obviously), just so we can avoid day 2's last minutes scrambling.

Last minute scrambling forced Hyper to come up with a claim that was utter bullshit and would have gotten him killed the next day. It takes away the advantage of mafia, which is scheming.

Last minute scrambling forced Hyper to come up with a claim that was utter bullshit and would have gotten him killed the next day. It takes away the advantage of mafia, which is scheming.

Not to be that guy, but reading his role pm the only illegit thing about his claim was his name and which side he was on. He actually did have the power to send messages to other players.

Fireblend

Banned
On break at work. Nin/Cabot what do you think of my reasoning behind an el topo vote though?

Also please please please nobody turbo me while I am at work :(

You didn't ask me, but he's one of my other 3 targets so I agree with you. I also think you're a good target, but something tells me if El Topo flips as scum, that will clear you, and the other way around.

I will admit I lean more towards an El Topo lynch right now since he has been much less engaging than you today though.

Palmer_v1

To be fair, the only other time I've acted like an asshole was in Archer when EzekelRage(confirmed town) started getting weird when we were so close to victory. It was distracting us from getting our goals accomplished, i.e. kill Mike, then Quantum.

I've definitely been worse this game, and I'm trying to tone it down, cause being angry is just going to throw town off it's game even further. So I apologize to those I called idiots or whatever else.

Think about it from my perspective though. Half a dozen times now people have openly admitted they want to lynch me but have no evidence to support it. My voting yesterday is the closest thing to evidence posted, and that offends me for a different reason. Basically, the scum player you guys want me to be this game is just a terrible scum player.

I hate Palmer but I like him :*

Sorry! I do like you, but your play this game has been confusing to me compared to previous games.

Palmer, how does it feel to have a reputation that shields you from scrutiny? That must be pretty badass.

Anyway, the next best thing I can do after actually lynching scum is narrowing down the list of potential scum, because that also gets us closer to victory, so it is important to me that we establish that Salva's town, Palmer aside.

I had to earn the reputation. It wasn't just given to me.

I'm inclined to believe Salva is town, but I'm less sure of that than I am of Cabot, nin, or splinter. I trust him slightly more than Kalor though. I still feel like we're in a decent spot right now. We have 11 players, and about half of them are somewhat known quantities. Probably only 2 scum left, so we have wiggle room still.

We got a bit lucky with Hyper too though. Imagine how terrible that all would have been if he flipped town. We ended up with 4 role claims after all. My biggest worry is that Kalor and Hyper were BOTH scum, and Kalor's doublevote was them bussing him. The main reason I think this is that he has a voting power, which seems like an Electorate thing. Just something I'm keeping in mind.

She has no vote but can silence people? What role could that possibly be?

Did anyone else have thoughts on this? A 1-shot silence ability seems underpowered, especially if Ouro is letting the silenced person use image macros. I think it's more likely that the person either got blocked, or decided not to use it again last night. It being used on Cabot seems fairly clear that it's not a town ability. We have reason to expect that BSP was blocked last night. If it was her ability, and it seems possible, using it on Cabot confirms she's working against us.

As for the fluff of being able to silence people and not being able to vote, I'm not certain.

cabot

I think there's a decent thought there. I just don't really believe that she's voteless and neutral with an (unspecified) chance of becoming town.

I still struggle with the unspecified part, Salva claimed with a 50/50 chance, kitty had a 50/50 chance.

Why is it not specific for BSP? Could be because of her alignment, could be because she's lying.

cabot

To be fair, the only other time I've acted like an asshole was in Archer when EzekelRage(confirmed town) started getting weird when we were so close to victory. It was distracting us from getting our goals accomplished, i.e. kill Mike, then Quantum.

Well that and the dogs. You had a rant in the dog game which made me laugh. If only because of the idea of a dog having such a massive rant was hilarious to me.

Fireblend

Banned
I had to earn the reputation. It wasn't just given to me.

I didn't mean to imply the opposite.

I'm inclined to believe Salva is town, but I'm less sure of that than I am of Cabot, nin, or splinter. I trust him slightly more than Kalor though. I still feel like we're in a decent spot right now. We have 11 players, and about half of them are somewhat known quantities. Probably only 2 scum left, so we have wiggle room still.

Well, that's something I suppose. What do you think of the rest of my first post? Do you agree that there's a very good chance of us finding mafia among the people who didn't vote for Hyper? I am inclined to believe so because when scrambling, and with no way to plan strategically, it would have been hard for say, scum-Kalor, to come up with the plan of bussing Hyper, specially considering he had a double vote and could strongly influence town's direction. I admit I was so concerned about a tie occurring that I was willing to pretty much act as a third guaranteed vote for whoever Kalor decided to go with.

nin1000

Banned
what are your plans or thoughts on how we should proceed after we are done with BSP ?
And sorry to have thrown you off with my playstyle this time mate.

Palmer_v1

I didn't mean to imply the opposite.

Well, that's something I suppose. What do you think of the rest of my first post? Do you agree that there's a very good chance of us finding mafia among the people who didn't vote for Hyper? I am inclined to believe so because when scrambling, and with no way to plan strategically, it would have been hard for say, scum-Kalor, to come up with the plan of bussing Hyper, specially considering he had a double vote and could strongly influence town's direction. I admit I was so concerned about a tie occurring that I was willing to pretty much act as a third guaranteed vote for whoever Kalor decided to go with.

Part of why I dropped my vote onto Salvapot was to avoid a tie as well. I only picked him because I was so irritated with the way his claim went down. It wasn't a last minute bandwagon attempt or anything.

I've never disagreed with the gist of your plan, just it's priority, and initial target.

Basically, without any concrete evidence to the contrary, I think BSP is the issue we need to resolve today. At best, she's going to continue to be a distraction. At worst, she's actively harmful to us.

nin1000

Banned
Basically, without any concrete evidence to the contrary, I think BSP is the issue we need to resolve today. At best, she's going to continue to be a distraction. At worst, she's actively harmful to us.

Makes sense, so once again, if she would not be here who would you try to persue ?

Fireblend

Banned
Part of why I dropped my vote onto Salvapot was to avoid a tie as well. I only picked him because I was so irritated with the way his claim went down. It wasn't a last minute bandwagon attempt or anything.

I've never disagreed with the gist of your plan, just it's priority, and initial target.

I think trusting BSP is a decent compromise at the moment.

1. We know she's voteless. Killing her doesn't change the vote weight between factions, which is sort of a middle-of-the-road end of day result for us, but catastrophic for mafia if we manage to force them to kill her instead.

2. I was worried about her being a SK or whatever performed the second night kill on D1, but we now know she isn't.

3. It's only day 3, and the balance is tipped on our favor. Killing a neutral I can understand when the game is drawing to a close so they don't screw us over to fulfill their win condition, but I don't see that as enough of a justification to lynch her right now. I wouldn't describe her as "actively harmful", but I concede I don't like her distracting us from discussing lynching scum.

nin1000

Banned
3. It's only day 3, and the balance is tipped on our favor. Killing a neutral I can understand when the game is drawing to a close so they don't screw us over to fulfill their win condition, but I don't see that as enough of a justification to lynch her right now. I wouldn't describe her as "actively harmful", but I concede I don't like her distracting us from discussing lynching scum.

put down my thoughts perfectly there my man
post-2863-0-85139000-1411270365.jpg

Palmer_v1

Makes sense, so once again, if she would not be here who would you try to persue ?

Bleh, I just typed a decent response on break and then Chrome crashed on me. Really short version is between work and destiny, I haven't had time to waste looking for leads when I have BSP right in front of me.

Deal with her, see who dies tonight, and go from there.

It's basic risk mitigation. I have to assume worst case about her and act accordingly.

Fireblend

Banned
Bleh, I just typed a decent response on break and then Chrome crashed on me. Really short version is between work and destiny, I haven't had time to waste looking for leads when I have BSP right in front of me.

Deal with her, see who dies tonight, and go from there.

It's basic risk mitigation. I have to assume worst case about her and act accordingly.

Lame non answer. I said in my previous post I'm annoyed at how bsp is distracting us from getting to lynch scum, but I think you're doing a way better job of doing that.

How about we assume the worst case about you instead? :p

Palmer_v1

Lame non answer. I said in my previous post I'm annoyed at how bsp is distracting us from getting to lynch scum, but I think you're doing a way better job of doing that.

How about we assume the worst case about you instead? :p

Worst case is I'm actually a terrible scum who has still been more useful to town than some townies have been.

Besides, why would scum push so hard for a neutral lynch?

Kalor

I'm torn of BSP. Lynching them today means that their alignment is no longer a topic of discussion and we can focus on drawing out scum but I still trust their role claim. They've been quite consistent with their claim and I feel like if it was fake there would be some kind of contradiction in what they've said so far.

Despite that I'm going to vote for them for now so that I have a vote on someone. I want to go through the posts of some other people.

Vote: bananaspaceprincess

Fireblend

Banned
Worst case is I'm actually a terrible scum who has still been more useful to town than some townies have been.

Besides, why would scum push so hard for a neutral lynch?

1. Scum shouldn't want to lynch bsp because for them it's crucial to reduce town numbers. Lynching a voteless neutral sets them back 1 night phase.

2. They don't want themselves lynched and want to distance themselves as much as possible from what happened on D2 by portraying bsp's lynch as a positive for town even if she has been saying the truth.

SalvaPot

I won´t be as active in the next few hours since I am with my parents. I may even miss the whole day, lol.

Anyway, about bsp, if she is neutral that means she is both a liability or asset for town and scum-

I think right now we have a nice list of players we know are really likely to be town, and now that l_p is gone, and we have lost our two protectors, I think mafia is going to start killing off the players we can trust as in to confuse the town. Either way, I think is safe to assume scum is not going to get rid of bsp, because they will always have her to fall back if there is not an obvious person to lynch.

So maybe it is for the best to get her now as the conversation seems forever going back to her and like this we can´t go on. Palmer speaks some truth in the fact that her role is a bit suspicious, and I do think there has to be something else to her role, it seems too cruel to just don´t have a vote.

VOTE: Bananaspaceprincess

Is there anyone besides Jeb or Trump that looks possible to win the GOP primary? Haven't been keeping up with it much lately. I know Jeb's first debate didn't do him too many favors but the brand name and fairly moderate policies must be a nice advantage right?

lol i thought this was the actual election thread lol

Fireblend

Banned
Is there anyone besides Jeb or Trump that looks possible to win the GOP primary? Haven't been keeping up with it much lately. I know Jeb's first debate didn't do him too many favors but the brand name and fairly moderate policies must be a nice advantage right?

lol. I knew this would happen. Wrong thread buddy.

Ourobolus

Banned

I think you're a little lost...

SalvaPot

Well, Trump is already dead.

roytheone

giphy.gif

El Topo

What made it so obvious to you?

Is that guy a candidate? Has anyone ever heard of him? Does the ability fit a TV preacher? Another town-aligned God-related messenger? Also he called himself the voice of God, notice the article. It's about as bullshit as it gets. Very poor role claim, undoubtedly assembled in haste.

Why do you keep asking everything in detail, Corn? You asked for my role yesterday, then backtracked, now you're asking for details on how I knew it was a fake role?

Is that guy a candidate? Has anyone ever heard of him? Does the ability fit a TV preacher? Another town-aligned God-related messenger? Also he called himself the voice of God, notice the article. It's about as bullshit as it gets. Very poor role claim, undoubtedly assembled in haste.

Why do you keep asking everything in detail, Corn? You asked for my role yesterday, then backtracked, now you're asking for details on how I knew it was a fake role?

I asked for your role yesterday? Was that before or after you faking having an ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom