• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Topo

By the way, you guys can already think about and discuss what you want to do when I'm revealed town. You'll have wasted a day, you'll have lynched a GOP member, you'll have gained absolutely nothing, but hey, everyone was doing it, so it must be right.

SalvaPot

By the way, you guys can already think about and discuss what you want to do when I'm revealed town. You'll have wasted a day, you'll have lynched a GOP member, you'll have gained absolutely nothing, but hey, everyone was doing it, so it must be right.

Hey, what if we lynch Blargonaut instead?

Ourobolus

Banned
El Topo (3)
cabot
CornBurrito
*Splinter
cabot
cabot
Blargonaut
Blargonaut
SalvaPot
*Splinter
cabot
Fireblend
El Topo

Fireblend (0)
Blargonaut

CornBurrito (0)
Blargonaut

SalvaPot (0)
Blargonaut

Blargonaut (2)
SalvaPot
Blargonaut

auZLBii.gif

SalvaPot

I just realized my role is essentially based on MC Hammer.

2G79XB3XFBh.jpg

CAN´T TOUCH THIS (Because I can kill you if you visit)

STOP HAMMER TIME (Because I stop, and let others do the hammer time).

Though part of why I wanted everyone who hasn't name claimed to name claim is because we could figure out if scum was possibly given fake names. But everyone would need to role claim at around the same time.

SalvaPot

I don't know why you guys bothered unvoting to prevent a turbo if you weren't going to use the extra time to talk.

...Isn´t it odd?

No one has come forward to try and defend El Topo. At all. The closest I can think is Blarg who has done random votes here and there. If Mafia is down too only two members and with the huge advantage town has right now you´ll think they will try to get someone else lynched, together.

sry, busy making my reads list

btw, I'm lazy, what are the rest of the current name claims in play right now, amongst the eight of us left?

I have time so I'll give a full list in order of reveal I guess:

cabot - Ted Cruz
kingkitty - Mike Huckabee
Sorian - Ben Carson
Burbeting - Bobby Jindal

El Topo - Chris Christie
Salvapot - Ron Paul
Lone_Prodigy - Donald Trump
Kalor - Rick Perry
Hyper - Atheist
Cornburrito - Roger Ailes
BSP - Undocumented Immigrant
nin1000 - Lindsey Graham
Blargonaut - Jeb Bush
*Splinter - ???
Fireblend - ???

I think that's everyone unless I missed something. Bolded are ones 100% verified via death.

I have time so I'll give a full list in order of reveal I guess:

cabot - Ted Cruz
kingkitty - Mike Huckabee
Sorian - Ben Carson
Burbeting - Bobby Jindal

El Topo - Chris Christie
Salvapot - Ron Paul
Lone_Prodigy - Donald Trump
Kalor - Rick Perry
Hyper - Atheist
Cornburrito - Roger Ailes
BSP - Undocumented Immigrant
nin1000 - Lindsey Graham
Blargonaut - Jeb Bush
*Splinter - ???
Fireblend - ???

I think that's everyone unless I missed something. Bolded are ones 100% verified via death.

Excellent, I needed this, TY

now, brb with mass slander

Dunno why I even wasted my time getting that list for Blarg.

The delay in my acknowledging of your kind assistance was due to me sitting before my keyboard with a grave expression and hunched demeanor, as I deeply ruminated upon the possible implications of me thanking you in public making you guilty by association; terrible, terrible things have happened to those who chose to help me and I wished to avoid damning you to that same accursed fate, but the eventuality of me having to openly share my sincere, heartfelt gratitude to you in front of the others could not be escaped.

Forgive me, CornBurrito.

btw, El Topo can support my candidacy all he wants and it's truly, truly appreciated; however, if you are indeed scum Electorate, maneuvering to enshrine me on a pedestal, only to postmortem-ly incriminate me via martyrdom in a bid to save whomever kinsmen you have left for at least one more Day, is NOT an effective heat shunt at all, old sport

Jeb Bush doesn't lie

*Splinter

...Isn´t it odd?

No one has come forward to try and defend El Topo. At all. The closest I can think is Blarg who has done random votes here and there. If Mafia is down too only two members and with the huge advantage town has right now you´ll think they will try to get someone else lynched, together.
I've been wondering about this to be honest... We had a similar thing yesterday.
good morning, my friends. How's that extra day working out?
Just swell

cabot

I don't know how many times he can say we learn nothing from his flip, but it's wrong, wrong and wrong again.

He flips scum, yay. He flips town, we have CB looking suspicious for pushing on him and El Topo's points about the role claims that aren't actual candidates are helpful.

On the other side it's essentially lylo, so there's a bit more pressure.

Self voting though, that should be a crime.

cabot

...Isn´t it odd?

1) El Topo is town.

- He's been at hammer point a few times already and no one has taken it. Could be read either way, though considering we're so close to lylo it would take an extremely cautious mafia member to not hammer him.
- Self voting as town is the worst.

2) El Topo is mafia, only remaining mafia left

- No. I'll discount this. I don't believe there's only two mafia in a 15 player game, with one neutral that has a mafia win condition. Could that neutral essentially replace a third Mafia member? I doubt it, though other thoughts are welcome.

3) El Topo is mafia, not the only remaining mafia

- It's odd that his other team member doesn't seem to be doing a good job trying to protect him. Is it because it was so universally agreed that Topo was a good lynch target today that questioning it in any real way would attract suspicion?

cabot

OK, I've actually read up on this now.

1) I see why El Topo self voted, I don't see why he is still voting for himself.

2) Salva being unable to hammer made me briefly think he was the missing link in my question of why hasn't someone hammered El Topo yet. I'm trying to think of a Mafia bomb? It doesn't make sense does it. Also don't buy the SK theory. Not yet.

3) Does a Mafia with two night kills exist? maybe a mafia with one extra kill role and the other mafia did the second kill?

I say this because CB said after all that stuff in the last day phase about wanting nin and I to choose a target for him to kill. That could backfire for us if we chose town, I don't know if CB would legit try and play us as mafia if that happened but it was an option.

I still think choosing BSP was 'safe', it was a kill that a mafia could have made to show town allegiance, but also couldn't hurt mafia (or town) because she was neutral.

Now, was it luck that she flipped to have a mafia win condition, or did a mafia member know of her win condition? I see three possibilities outside of luck

1) Mafia investigative role, BSP revealed her role, they investigated that night and saw her role details.

2) A mafia member may have a PR that specifically mentions BSP/a neutral who will help them win in their role description.

3) They are highly astute and picked up on her flavour (which many questioned) and assumed that she was not actually pro-town.

I must admit, I am actually weakening my resolve after moaning about it, but El Topo is throwing shade all around which is annoying.

CB is still a bad smell to me. Both of them seem to be certain I am who I say I am so that isn't helpful either.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

cabot

Isn't the point of an SK that they HAVE to kill each night?

What happened on N2 then, a Mafia no kill? I highly doubt it.

cabot

OK, last post of this chain I promise

I've decided I would like all non-claimers to now claim. We can discuss how it can be done in more detail, but I'm beginning to think that it will help us at this stage in the game where we are 1 away from lylo.

Here's my reasons

1) Mafia NK will flip a town, and will confirm that claim.
2) I want to see if there are more non-candidate claims
3) We're at that point now where there is a light risk, but I mean we're in serious trouble if we mislynch today and having as much information as possible can only help us.

I'd like thoughts from everyone, right about now. Or as soon as humanely possible.

*Splinter

I can name claim if we want. Now or after discussion? I don't think it matters. Three of us left and plenty of names to choose from so I don't have high hopes for this. I could be wrong though.

Anyway I too thought about possible SK theories and the lack of kill N2. Lone_Prodigy could have protected someone before he died? Still my main problem is finding a theory to fit all the claims and possible lies without there being 4 Mafia or other stupid things.

cabot

I can name claim if we want. Now or after discussion? I don't think it matters. Three of us left and plenty of names to choose from so I don't have high hopes for this. I could be wrong though.

Anyway I too thought about possible SK theories and the lack of kill N2. Lone_Prodigy could have protected someone before he died? Still my main problem is finding a theory to fit all the claims and possible lies without there being 4 Mafia or other stupid things.

I don't really know how to do this to be honest, i was thinking maybe seeing if everyone was around and posting within a short time frame , but I'd rather we do it with a decent chunk of the day left.

cabot

Just go for it, Splinter.

I'll construct a list once everyone's claimed.

Did L_P ever reveal who he blocked on N2?

That seems like a waste if he didn't.

*Splinter

I'm going to go ahead and say I want to be last. I think the breadcrumbs I've left lead to one and only one candidate, and I'm still hoping for the outside chance that someone accidentally claims my name.

I know that breadcrumbs are inherently flawed though, so it's up to you guys.

cabot

Fuck sake this is why role claiming so late is a pain in the arse, no one asked about whether he'd be notified if someone tried to do something to his target.

Is that something we can assume?

ninja: idiot. I'll check role PM

cabot

So, L_P was a clear mafia target to me. A claimed PR where they knew he would be not scum at the very least vs nin, a man who was confirmed town-aligned but nothing more.

I don't think there's a SK. I don't see why a SK would target nin.

cabot

I'm going to go ahead and say I want to be last. I think the breadcrumbs I've left lead to one and only one candidate, and I'm still hoping for the outside chance that someone accidentally claims my name.

I know that breadcrumbs are inherently flawed though, so it's up to you guys.

Breadcrumbs are useless on me, I don't even know who Chris Christy is and apparently he's super well known according to what El Topo says, L_P and Hyper also picked it up.

*Splinter

Breadcrumbs are useless on me, I don't even know who Chris Christy is and apparently he's super well known according to what El Topo says, L_P and Hyper also picked it up.
Breadcrumbs are different to hints though. Hints are supposed to be guessed, breadcrumbs aren't and should only make sense in hindsight.

The problem with breadcrumbs is I could in theory have separate trails leading to multiple candidates, but I think I can show that this isn't the case.

El Topo

At one point Chris Christie was considered the next big hope of the Republicans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom