• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elon Musk buys Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Gold Member
QyddBEA.jpg

ManaByte

Gold Member
i think i'm turning into an elon musk stan

Starting to doubt he's going to be able to change much without burning it all to the ground and restarting it fresh. I mean you can't even call Disney "groomers" without being banned from the platform now just because they spend so much on ads with them.

haxan7

Banned
I can scroll down Twitter pages infinitely without getting locked out of them now. It used to only let me scroll down a little bit because I don’t have an account.

Ownage

He turned down the board position at the last minute. Trollin’

Turned down or was told to stay out or face legal issues?

Elon has a drug problem and says random shit that is causing major corporate reputation erosion. The company doesn't want him around either. Many staff have threatened to quit. As the CEO says, this is for the best.

Last edited:

WoJ

'Free speech, but only our free speech.'
Not at all what I said. In my opinion Elon Musk is more likely to push for a truly free speech platform on Twitter than current management. I don't have a Twitter account nor will I be getting one with Musk having a large share of the company, I just think he can have a positive influence on what is a cesspool of a company.

Boss Mog

Starting to doubt he's going to be able to change much without burning it all to the ground and restarting it fresh. I mean you can't even call Disney "groomers" without being banned from the platform now just because they spend so much on ads with them.
I'm really hoping he turned down the board seat so he could go for a hostile takeover. The only reason they offered him the seat was to prevent that because it limited his ownership to 14.9%, but his refusal means that he isn't subject to that limit now. As for Disney, I'm not sure telling twitter to delete tweets is going to do much, there's already a whole line of merchandise lol:

disney-boycott-groomers-shirt-sweater.jpg
2022.04.10-09.10-boundingintocomics-625347e09c375.png

CGiRanger

Banned
I'm really hoping he turned down the board seat so he could go for a hostile takeover. The only reason they offered him the seat was to prevent that because it limited his ownership to 14.9%, but his refusal means that he isn't subject to that limit now. As for Disney, I'm not sure telling twitter to delete tweets is going to do much, there's already a whole line of merchandise lol:

disney-boycott-groomers-shirt-sweater.jpg
2022.04.10-09.10-boundingintocomics-625347e09c375.png
I'm also pretty sure that as a board member, Musk would be heavily prohibited from the type of outspoken commentary and critique he has been slinging at Twitter, and so if he was totally stonewalled or caged from accomplishing anything, he'd not be able to speak of it at all.

Boss Mog

I'm also pretty sure that as a board member, Musk would be heavily prohibited from the type of outspoken commentary and critique he has been slinging at Twitter, and so if he was totally stonewalled or caged from accomplishing anything, he'd not be able to speak of it at all.
Exactly and apparently he's already filed paperwork to state that he will criticize and demand change:

jason10mm

Gold Member
You know we're living some troublesome times when the discussion about this buy is the level of censorship the company can keep.
No kidding.

I think social media will eventually develop a "social creditibility score" to allow for fairly liberal (classic sense) speech. If they pulled quotes from people and polled viewers about whether or not the quote was "credible", but the viewer was blinded as to who said it (so the extreme partisanship wouldnt have conservatives down voting Fauci for saying 'the sky is blue' and dems wouldn't down vote Ivanka Trump for saying 'women need safe spaces' ( then I think we could establish a metric to allow people to judge credibility without needing censorship.

No one can do full diligence research on every issue, at some point you gotta place trust in a posters integrity. This can be graded and evaluated on a large scale without resorting to a Chinese type (or black mirror) social credit score.

Toots

Gold Member
Elon went from bald nerd 20 years ago
ys3eqrk9q9f21.jpg
to savior of mankind
il_794xN.2427002923_876l.jpg
in what experts call the greatest comeback in history of humanity, bar Maitreya (who we are still waiting for)... Good for him and thanks weed for making those who smoke you cool
5fb5d1e32a094990a15de7b430eaee2e_Xa81zwGVbg45VN8Q1EVrjQfc0av6qdVjVv8iQ8WulQrb-JvQmM2v7qDNVqI3UrCWqn9nAK7giCs-~A_2_0.jpg

Ionian

Elon went from bald nerd 20 years ago
ys3eqrk9q9f21.jpg
to savior of mankind
il_794xN.2427002923_876l.jpg
in what experts call the greatest comeback in history of humanity, bar Maitreya (who we are still waiting for)... Good for him and thanks weed for making those who smoke you cool
5fb5d1e32a094990a15de7b430eaee2e_Xa81zwGVbg45VN8Q1EVrjQfc0av6qdVjVv8iQ8WulQrb-JvQmM2v7qDNVqI3UrCWqn9nAK7giCs-~A_2_0.jpg

He wasn't bald, also he shaved his head.

Look at his head. I know because I do it to myself.

Hair treatment sure, he wasn't bald though in the slightest.

Bald == No hair.

Toots

Gold Member
He wasn't bald, also he shaved his head.

Look at his head. I know because I do it to myself.

Hair treatment sure, he wasn't bald though in the slightest.

Bald == No hair.
Whatever makes you cope with your alopecia my dude, just please tell your husband not to get on stage and slap me !

(but really it was a joke, i know he wasn't completely bald, only severely balding, and anyway he got so much money apparence is irrelevant for him)

Ionian

Whatever makes you cope with your alopecia my dude, just please tell your husband not to get on stage and slap me !

(but really it was a joke, i know he wasn't completely bald, only severely balding, and anyway he got so much money apparence is irrelevant for him)

That's your best?

OK.

We sometimes all walk a lonely path, no harm in that.

It's the road back that matters.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Would take the world back to the best timeline

Scenario 1 - Twitter is de-wokefied and becomes the most based social media

Scenario 2 - So many woke employees quit that Twitter collapses

Win/win if I’ve ever seen one. Elon pls
He should be like the Christopher Lyod character in Roger Rabit. "I bought the red car to dismantle it" I"m not convinced anything would rise up in its place. Burn it down Elon.

Would take the world back to the best timeline

Scenario 1 - Twitter is de-wokefied and becomes the most based social media

Scenario 2 - So many woke employees quit that Twitter collapses

Win/win if I’ve ever seen one. Elon pls

giphy.gif

The best part would be that for the woke crowd they'd have nowhere to go as they'd be stuck with Gab, Telegram or Truth which is a non starter.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Don't think there's going to be nearly the changes people think could happen, but a little more consistency with their policies would be welcomed. Also, not loosely considering anything .0001% of the population don't like as "hate." Hate is a specific thing. The word hate doesn't mean any little thing some blue hair is annoyed at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom