• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elon Musk buys Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardGawd

Banned
Musk is amazing. And he's quite possibly one of the few that could launch a nuetral social platform without the stigma of it being a far right only platform. He's also one of the few that has the finances to make it competitive.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Any platform where they can’t silence their enemies is immediately a “Nazi” platform in their eyes.
Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Elysion

Banned
He wants to make Twitter private? That would mean he could do whatever he wants with it, without regard for shareholders or anyone else. This might be great, or terrible, depending on his plans. Though I guess at this point almost everything would be an improvement.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
He wants to make Twitter private? That would mean he could do whatever he wants with it, without regard for shareholders or anyone else. This might be great, or terrible, depending on his plans. Though I guess at this point almost everything would be an improvement.
Well, excuses are used that they're a "private company" as to why they can censor politically, even though they are "publicly traded"

Big brain arguments, these.

DeaDPo0L84

Waking up to this news is amazing, hopefully it happens. All the pussy whipped leftist who kept saying "he's not gonna buy it outright, that's just another conservative fantasy", well...oops.

Gonna be a nationwide flood emergency due to all the tears that will flow from the woke left if they accept Elon's offer.

Boss Mog

Honestly, Elon doesn’t even need to change anything. If him buying it, drives all the crazy unhinged nutjobs off the platform to congregate elsewhere a la GAF and RE a few years ago, the place would be so much better just for that alone.
Yeah but sadly all these mentally ill degenerates are school teachers somehow and so they will tell "their" kids to not be on twitter but be on whatever the new social media for the deranged is. If you look at the libsoftiktok twitter feed you see all these "teachers" and you're like how the fuck did these people even get hired? I wouldn't even trust them with a goldfish let alone human children.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Don't forget all the racism. Lots of racism towards people who aren't in line with certain beliefs.
Yep, their virtues are not about genders, race, etc., they're really about marching in lockstep with the ideology. Step out of line, and you see the most blatant racism and homophobia from those "allies."

History sure is repeating itself, now with a social media paradigm. The human condition is still the same since the dawn of man.

I hope twitter votes yes, because I know this is s pump and dumb. He would kill off twitter because everyone would stop using it if it went through, ending a famous social media program.

But this is just a pump and dump so I can keep my twitter stock.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Yeah but sadly all these mentally ill degenerates are school teachers somehow and so they will tell "their" kids to not be on twitter but be on whatever the new social media for the deranged is. If you look at the libsoftiktok twitter feed you see all these "teachers" and you're like how the fuck did these people even get hired? I wouldn't even trust them with a goldfish let alone human children.
Good, let them all congregate to one place.

Mistake

Damn, with majority shares, he holds the cards. If they sell, stock goes up, but if they don’t sell somehow, their stock will tank. Plus Elon will probably make his own place after that.

Last edited:

All of the major audiences would leave either from hating the direction (political lefties) or a population exodus (non-political young enough crowd), except for the ones who are reliant on interacting with the political left, ones like the people here. But I would get something from Elon buying my stake and I don't use twitter, so he can do it.

Last edited:

haxan7

Banned
Looks like a divide and conquer strategy from Elon. If all the leftists flee to other platforms ... it will be a big hit to extreme leftist influence in society.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
All of the major audiences would leave either from hating the direction (political lefties) or a population exodus (non-political young enough crowd), except for the ones who are reliant on interacting with the political left, ones like the people here. But I would get something from Elon buying my stake and I don't use twitter, so he can do it.
Where would they go? You underestimate their addiction.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The same places they are already using now. No one just uses twitter.
Tik Tok?

It's the non long form big brain hot-take format they're addicted to.

It will also bring a ton of people back, especially if he reversed certain political player bans. It would probably have even more actual users than now, since we do know less than 10% of the active accounts are actual people posting, rest are ad bots.

Last edited:
Tik Tok?

It's the non long for big brain hot-take format they're addicted to.

It will also bring a ton of people back, especially if he reversed certain political player bans. It would probably have even more actual users than now, since we do know less than 10% of the active accounts are actual people posting, rest are ad bots.
Reddit would be the next big option, but doesn't matter, they won't anyways, just like they didn't move out of the country when Trump won.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I do feel like a lot of the crazies are on tik tok these days. Twitter being taken over would be a good first step but I think tik tok need to be next lol

RAÏSanÏa

With Tiktok and others there's developing more self curation cross platform to get out of one system algorithm like facebook. The way information is gathered and interacted has and is still changing.

Tik Tok?

It's the non long form big brain hot-take format they're addicted to.

People will use You Tube, Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, etc more. Whether the platform stays the same or loses popularity depends if they make it about political free speech or not. If they do it will LOSE popularity, and will be insanely stupid to do. Twitter is already as free as anywhere else including this forum. If there is a campaign about that it will lose value.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom