• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB: Hunt Showdown 1896 leaked for PS5, PC, Xbox Series

New UI will definitely get fixed due to the outrage. I love that you can finally mark traits as favorites, though.

There's entire games I don't want to play because of bad UI - games like Arma, Arena Breakout Infinite, etc. It's ironic that the new UI was meant to appeal to more people but might actually turn newcomers off to the game.

Luipadre

Gold Member
DLSS isnt working for me. It turns itself off for some reason. It only worked in shooting range and the game looks and runs much better with it sigh. The old SMAA is garbage

Yes as a newcomer I’m utterly lost in the menu’s. It’s like a labyrinth.

I also constantly lose track of where the ‘focus’ is. Like what part of the menu I actually have selected.
Once I accidentally invited someone on my friendslist to a game, while I was trying to look at weapons. Bizarre design.

Luipadre

Gold Member
Yes as a newcomer I’m utterly lost in the menu’s. It’s like a labyrinth.

I also constantly lose track of where the ‘focus’ is. Like what part of the menu I actually have selected.
Once I accidentally invited someone on my friendslist to a game, while I was trying to look at weapons. Bizarre design.
New ui is a bit confusing and needs work, but everything else is fantastic. Idiots on steam review bombing the game, because of the new ui. God i hate the steam review system so much. This is the chance to grow this game and what new players see? Mostly negative reviews. GJ community. Bunch of crybabies

Last edited:
Got interested hearing about the new updated version so went and watched some videos and honestly I don't know it looks kinda disappointing? Lots of running, punch a few zombie looking things and a wounded horse in the face, every match looks kinda the same? I did watch some "PvP" videos which looked more interesting but seems that is the exception rather than the rule for how matches are played out? I guess I'm asking for you guys to convince me otherwise.

Luipadre

Gold Member
Got interested hearing about the new updated version so went and watched some videos and honestly I don't know it looks kinda disappointing? Lots of running, punch a few zombie looking things and a wounded horse in the face, every match looks kinda the same? I did watch some "PvP" videos which looked more interesting but seems that is the exception rather than the rule for how matches are played out? I guess I'm asking for you guys to convince me otherwise.

Which platform are you on? Its f2p on steam until the 19th and i think its free on xbox too. Just try it.

Luipadre

Gold Member
Everything is awesome except the UI, who the he'll thought it would have been a good idea?!

UI needs work i agree but im already getting familiar with it after a few hours. The rest of the update is awesome. The gfx, the new map is gorgeous and really well designed, the gameplay changes. Fantastic update

Rickyiez

If only CryEngine took off and more games using it . Crysis 3 still looks amazing today, imagine what Crytek can do with current gen engine. Maybe I will take a look at this updated engine first

Again I’ll say that I enjoy actually playing this game, but man is it buggy on PS5 right now.

Have had multiple crashes when in the menu, sometimes the menu’s draw upon eachother making everything impossible to read (close app and restart to fix).

Also: all my matches so far have been with random trios vs 1 team of duos. Do they match you on purpose with low amount of players when you just start out or something?

thief183

Again I’ll say that I enjoy actually playing this game, but man is it buggy on PS5 right now.

Have had multiple crashes when in the menu, sometimes the menu’s draw upon eachother making everything impossible to read (close app and restart to fix).

Also: all my matches so far have been with random trios vs 1 team of duos. Do they match you on purpose with low amount of players when you just start out or something?
Yes, you should be in a separate MMR branch for I think 30 levels or something but I'm not sure, BTW I know for sure that there is a Newby branch

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
What are you building towards in Hunt? If you play really well for 5+ hours, what looks different for the player going into the next match?

Luipadre

Gold Member
What are you building towards in Hunt? If you play really well for 5+ hours, what looks different for the player going into the next match?

Well if your hunter doesnt die, you can level up with it until lvl 50 and get a bunch of strong perks that makes you better

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
F**k, but thanks.

Trust me, you DON'T WANT to play against PC players in this game - shooting controls are already wonky on the console version and if you add to that the always precise controls due to K&M the PC players have...yeah - especially after you've spent 20+ minutes foraging the whole map and doing bosses whilst trying to escape with the bounty and having some fuckahh sniping you from 100 meters using a K&M...

From a fresh players perspective: namely more tools/guns you unlock. But the real ‘gear fear’ comes from leveling up your hunter with traits and stuff and then loose it all.

PanzerCute

Yo this new UI is fucking comical. Even on console. This is insanity lol. It's the most unintuitive nonsense I've ever seen. Just wow. Who, why? The designer:

Always Sunny Fx GIF

Also all settings completely wiped is obnoxious.
After two nights of play I find it okay tbh. Not great for sure but not as bad as the retards on reddit say :d

The game is now amazing on PS5: by far the best looking fps and even one of the best looking game on the console. I am quite impressed.

After two nights of play I find it okay tbh. Not great for sure but not as bad as the retards on reddit say :d

The game is now amazing on PS5: by far the best looking fps and even one of the best looking game on the console. I am quite impressed.
I mean I'm stunned that they managed to split up seemingly every small amount of information to a sub-screen and also make the entire thing look like an accountant designed it. The post-match screen used to be awesome and feel satisfying with the great art cards popping and the sound effects. It just all looks really boring and analytical now along with a million sub-menus. It's not that I can't deal with it, it's jist a truly baffling downgrade imo.

But yea, the focus is obviously on the game so I should've mentioned how killer the new map is first lol. The compounds feel like scary-ass mazes, way more than the originals. The level design is top notch.

Also like others have said, it looks REALLY good and if you want a taste of the OG map upgrade, check out Shooting Range.

From a fresh players perspective: namely more tools/guns you unlock. But the real ‘gear fear’ comes from leveling up your hunter with traits and stuff and then loose it all.
Don't worry about any of that. Hunters are meant to be disposable. Literally everyone dies all the time including 6* players. The game revolves around an unpredictable, mean-spirited and chaotic core loop. There's a big percentage you just get screwed in one of a million ways in any given match. Sniper at 150m out? Guy camping a small hut with a shotgun randomly? Get nailed by a molotov through a tiny hole in the roof while fighting a noisy-ass boss? You're not really meant to predict these. It's a game about scumbag characters murdering each other to try to profit off the end of the world lol. Embrace the chaos

Dark Souls Rip GIF by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment

I’ve played over 4 hours last night and overall I had a blast. Couple of d/c’s as well, but managed to reconnect.

Matchmaking was way faster last night, maybe because I was a bit higher level plus more people actually playing.

Some very chaotic matches, some very tactical. The sound plays such an incredible role in this.

About the UI: I do get used to it, but Crytek is already addressing some of the issues it seems.

Embearded

The previous game had a lot of DLCs as i remember. If i buy the new one for PS5, are they included? Because i don't see anything in the addons of PS Store.

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
I bought the base version after finishing the trial. I like how Crytek keeps supporting this game. Most DLC looks like characters/cosmetics.

Last edited:

PanzerCute

The previous game had a lot of DLCs as i remember. If i buy the new one for PS5, are they included? Because i don't see anything in the addons of PS Store.
Yep. All my dlc work in the games, no worries. You can still find the DLC on the PS store with the search feature: not ideal, but they are still there.

The new map slaps so hard, damn: love the mines that connect compounds in the middle, you can do some amazing flanking with them.

I already have 3k+ hours since 2020,I guess I am gonna have at least 3k more. What a master piece.

Last edited:
Yep. All my dlc work in the games, no worries. You can still find the DLC on the PS store with the search feature: not ideal, but they are still there.

The new map slaps so hard, damn: love the mines that connect compounds in the middle, you can do some amazing flanking with them.

I already have 3k+ hours since 2020,I guess I am gonna have at least 3k more. What a master piece.
Yea man the more I play the more I love the new map. It's VERY well designed. I've gotten into some rowdy fights in Soul Survivor. The compounds are so intricate that every corner enables a wide variety of tactics imo.

I'm not a scope player but there's a nasty sniping spot at La Plata Mine. The little cabin on the hill in front of it faces an entrance to Oro Gordo and it's dirty.

Top Bottom