• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

Zweizer

Banned
I don't live in the US, but I own a NA 3DS XL, so I'm covered.

Maybe I should do the same.

(´;ω;`)

I will forever thank my first Earthbound playthrough in High School for easing me into first person perspectives, I probably wouldn't have even given EO a second look otherwise.

So the solution is to make everyone play EarthBound.

I can get behind that.

Everyone should play EarthBound.

zashga

Oh wow, I completely missed the EO5 announcement when it dropped. Nice to see the mainline series continue. This is easily my favorite RPG series of the past decade, and EO4 was probably my favorite one yet.

Now... it's about time I started Persona Q. :)

Alright, the Wayback Machine gives the full review, which is as ridiculous as it is short. Clearly they didn't put a lot of effort into it.

Full Review.

Transcript:

This needs to be put in the OT of every EO thread or something. Every time I see the Fight and Heal joke I try to look up the original review and am disappointed that I can't find it. I do remember the Atlus USA email when they announced EO2 contained a reference to it. "Atlus U.S.A., Inc., preferred publisher of adventuring duo Fight and Heal"

The most I could find about it is in this (amusingly enough, NeoGAF) post, and yes, it's a pretty laughable review.

I miss Ethelred's red hot ethering.

Alright, the Wayback Machine gives the full review, which is as ridiculous as it is short. Clearly they didn't put a lot of effort into it.

Full Review.

Transcript:

THANK YOU. I love refering this as the poster boy for bad review protocol.

I loved my team in EO4:

Front: Fight, Knife
Back: Shoot, Magic, Heal

Can't wait to return to EOU classic and play with

Front: Fight, Whip, Block
Back: Heal, Shoot

I feel like learning about this GI review has changed my entire outlook on EO

Serrato

Was this mentioned in this thread? I don't know, I might have missed it :

KEbDRBel.png

Anustart

Beat the big bird in the moth area. Thing that brings me down a bit with some of these weapons is the time it'll take to get 6 more conditional drops to forge them :(

Edit: Does anything increase the strength of linked attacks? Wondering if runic flare would increase an elemental link attack.

Beat the big bird in the moth area. Thing that brings me down a bit with some of these weapons is the time it'll take to get 6 more conditional drops to forge them :(

Edit: Does anything increase the strength of linked attacks? Wondering if runic flare would increase an elemental link attack.

Max out Runic Flare and Runic Guidance for free extra damage on link attacks, especially when you exploit a weakness. Once you get both these skills you can leave the Runemaster class alone for your Landsknecht.

But I prefer to sub Bushi for Power Boost and Blood Surge(Deep Breath and Surge Mastery are also nice) insanity, haha.

Anustart

Max out Runic Flare and Runic Guidance for free extra damage on link attacks, especially when you exploit a weakness. Once you get both these skills you can leave the Runemaster class alone for your Landsknecht.

But I prefer to sub Bushi for Power Boost and Blood Surge(Deep Breath and Surge Mastery are also nice) insanity, haha.

Meant the actual links themselves. Does runic flare increase the attacks for people doing the linked attacks?

ohlawd

PQ is so fucking long

40 hours so far but I think I'm almost done

EOIII's maingame only took me half the time at 20 hours if the activity log ain't screwing with me.

PQ is so fucking long

40 hours so far but I think I'm almost done

EOIII's maingame only took me half the time at 20 hours if the activity log ain't screwing with me.

EO3 took me around 24 hours so you're probably right, but the 3 endings + post game stuff easily takes you 10 or so hours AT LEAST.

I haven't had a chance to play so I'm still in the 3rd dungeon, I heard there are
and no post game stuff, is that true?

And fuck Persona Q, tomorrow is Captain Toad day.

lmfao

fuuuuuck this. Gonna beat the dungeon I'm in right now and finish Advanced Warfare or something

yeah I found a post on gamefaqs that says:

a clarification, there's more than 25 total floors, the first dungeon has 4, the next 3 have 5 each, and the final dungeon has at least 9 (I'm not done it yet but 9 is the highest I've gotten so far)

He's counting boss floors but still, holy shit. And come on man, did you really believe the
there are 4 dungeons crap, IT SHOULD BE OBVIOUS THAT THERE WOULD BE MORE, that always happens.

ohlawd

no, I knew from the bottom of my heart that there'd be more. Didn't want to admit it, man. I expected Atlus to not go through their typical dungeon count since this isn't true EO.

no, I knew from the bottom of my heart that there'd be more. Didn't want to admit it, man. I expected Atlus to not go through their typical dungeon count since this isn't true EO.

I'm more surprised that there doesn't seem to be
any post game stuff from what I've heard, I hope there's some extra bosses or something. Also lol yeah, I was also like PLEASE BE A SHORT GAME!

Beginning party decided to do something completely different and not get a GLD.

Mauricio the Princess
Zweizer the Hoplite
Ohlawd the Zodiac
Slice the Ninja
Narag the Monk

And thus it begins. I fear this team is offensively weak.

omlet

Yeah, that will be a weak team in terms of damage output. You can probably make it work for a while by using the monk as a damage dealer.

Don't forget to make extra team members ASAP and teach them the Combat Study skill and let them soak up exp from town. This is something unique to EO3, so it's not hard to overlook.

Zweizer

Banned

Mauricio the Princess
Zweizer the Hoplite
Ohlawd the Zodiac
Slice the Ninja
Narag the Monk

(ノ≧∀≦)ノ

I'm honored.

Verilligo

Mauricio the Princess
Zweizer the Hoplite
Ohlawd the Zodiac
Slice the Ninja
Narag the Monk

Yep, definitely offensive weak. Also very close to my own team at the start of my playthrough! Princess/Hoplite/Gladiator/Monk/Arbalist. By the time I reached the second boss, I could FEEL the lack of firepower. Still managed it just fine, but I could tell the game wanted me to be going in a different direction. I'd scrap the Monk and pick up an Arbalist if you're really intent on not getting a Gladiator. Princess won't have enough heals at the start, but you can spec a point or two into Bandage on your Zodiac plus some Medicas and you'll be good to go.

Not like it matters, though. Once you access the third labyrinth, you'll probably aim for level 30, retire your whole team, and start over again with level 15 recruits and a better team synergy. And likely turn your Princess into a Monk with a Princess sub. Because it's just plain better.

Top Bottom