• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

Aw yeah I'm the best class.

I was going to comment on the low damage your team would be making but you should be fine now.

I'm not a big fan of having both a Princess and Monk in your team but you should be fine.

ohlawd

Mau-chan, I just got to that part. You're right on the money. Effing Atlus...

I'm gonna beat the rest when I feel like it. Since I have a digital copy, I can do it whenever. idunno how I feel about putting in an unfinished game in my GotY ballot but I'll manage.

Aw yeah I'm the best class.

I was going to comment on the low damage your team would be making but you should be fine now.

I'm not a big fan of having both a Princess and Monk in your team but you should be fine.
I am mentally unable to make a party without those two. I have to have a Princess buffing and passive healing with Monk attacking and direct healing.

omlet

I am mentally unable to make a party without those two. I have to have a Princess buffing and passive healing with Monk attacking and direct healing.

Once you get subclassing you'll be better off with a P/M and letting the M's slot go to a damage dealer. My first (or one of them) EO3 party was H/P/N/Z/M and it was pretty slow going until I downsized to just having buffs and heals in one party slot instead of two.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Monks are so bad. They sound so great on paper, the return of ass kicking frontline medical type when what they really are is a decent subclass option for Princess. I know there's some decent other builds you can make but nothing really matches that. Shame.

ohlawd

whatever lol I'm not gonna overthink it. I had a great year despite the multitude of gaming disppointments I've bought

I did M/P eventually.

spiritfox

Monks are so bad. They sound so great on paper, the return of ass kicking frontline medical type when what they really are is a decent subclass option for Princess. I know there's some decent other builds you can make but nothing really matches that. Shame.

M/P is better than P/M.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What sort of build are we talking here? I'm curious now.

It's likely that my memory of that game has slipped though. I think my final party had no healers whatsoever.

FAKE EDIT: I might have even had a Monk/Princess that was mainly Princess skills for some reason. Is it something like that?!?

What sort of build are we talking here? I'm curious now.

It's likely that my memory of that game has slipped though. I think my final party had no healers whatsoever.

FAKE EDIT: I might have even had a Monk/Princess that was mainly Princess skills for some reason. Is it something like that?!?

yeah, you just keep using Orders all day but Form Qi and the high TEC of the Monk makes Protect Order better and useful in the post game.

The only thing the Princess has better is HP and defense but those are nearly irrelevant compared to the better Protect Order.

omlet

That's what I had. A monk that had a few ranks of healing and revive skills but was heavily invested in princess skills, but took Form Qi for enhanced healing (makes princess healing very strong) over Royalty for TP restore.

I still finished the game with a Princess, because fuck I was going to use her no matter what. (She's still a beast in the main game, it becomes a problem when the move just doesn't heal you enough in the post game only)

I swear, if they make a EO3 remake and the Princess doesn't have a buffed Protect Order for the post game or the Monk/Princess is still better...

Anustart

Storm emperor down, Fallen One has been awoken! My sub classes suck. What goes good with Nightseeker? Sniper? Landsn...something?

ohlawd

lol my plans fell through so I've been doing the last dungeon. Almost done fo sho.

I can definitely finish tomorrow. won't be near my Wii U anyway so meh might as well get this PQ shit done :(

Oh snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap the EO/Fushigi no Dungeon cross over is something I think is long overdue.

Oh EO3, you were so so sweetly broken. My Ninja solo suicide squad devoured so many bosses and IMO 3 has the best soundtrack ever! ::runs::

In the short time I've been playing EOIII again I'm reminded on how low on TP I am at the beginning on the game. Zodiac gets maybe 3 uses of Fire Bolt(or w/e its name is) before she runs dry and becomes utterly useless.

Zweizer

Banned
Let's not play god.

It'll be the next Monster Hunter!

Believe!

QqI4VLQ.jpg

In the short time I've been playing EOIII again I'm reminded on how low on TP I am at the beginning on the game. Zodiac gets maybe 3 uses of Fire Bolt(or w/e its name is) before she runs dry and becomes utterly useless.

Zodiac ends up with a huge TP pool at least, get one level of every star spell and then dump points into TP UP.

Then you get Dark Ether and the game is officially over.

Zweizer

Banned

Yeah that's a common occurence. It becomes less of a problem once you get a bigger TP pool as you level up and Etheric Return.

You can run a Ninja/Zodiac for free Dark Ether. For both rows, even, with Bunshin.

Nachos

Well, it looks like some Japanese airline is starting to offer Etrian music on their flights for the next year. Selection includes Untold and 2 Untold.

Also, Atlus is apparently hosting a contest where you can win a stamp set based on the Etrian maps.

Maybe someone who actually knows Japanese can correct me.

no, it's good. I'm iffy on all the dungeons except the 4th.
Really? I was a bit iffy on the first two dungeons outside of their thematic gimmicks and music, but I thought the third one was great. If nothing else, I hope V has more puzzles like Q does and that it starts changing the appearance of its dungeons halfway through.

ohlawd

some of the best use of airplane.jpg I've seen on GAF.

Really? I was a bit iffy on the first two dungeons outside of their thematic gimmicks and music, but I thought the third one was great. If nothing else, I hope V has more puzzles like Q does and that it starts changing the appearance of its dungeons halfway through.

3rd's alright. The other half was pretty good.

oh and the last change in music in Group Date Cafe is so good. My fave song.

PK Gaming

Is PQ that bad? I found it fine, it has better dungeon design than the previous EOs.

It's quite good. As you mentioned, the dungeon design is fantastic and the character interactions are top class. That said, the balance is a good deal worse than the EO games, and it's not that difficult. There's less depth, due to the inherent lack of a class/subclass system.

Still a ludicrously fun game though. I'm currently grinding for skillcards so I can make my ideal party set up.

Zweizer

Banned
There's some sort of post-launch impressions campaign running through Etrian Odyssey's official Twitter account from Dec 5 to Dec 24. The available prizes are 10 EOU2 booklets autographed by Yuji Himukai and 5 EO-themed stamp sets.

Those who want to participate should tweet their impressions to the official account with the hashtag 【#新世界樹2感想】.

Also, for those who wanted it, this picture is available as a wallpaper (1024×768, 1280×1024 and 1920×1200) on Atlus' blog.

Nachos

That said, the balance is a good deal worse than the EO games...

I dunno about that...

Still a ludicrously fun game though. I'm currently grinding for skillcards so I can make my ideal party set up.
Yeah, I must've spent at least ten hours fusing personas and farming cards alone. I'm just worried it'll be overkill, as a Shura Tensei-linking Kanji with a Death Chaser/Forked Spear Yosuke seems like it'd do stupid amounts of damage. Add Eternal Melody to extend their buffs, and I doubt many enemies would last long enough for the six turns to pass.
It baffles me that you can get the Shura Tensei card in the thirties but need to wait until the sixties to get the release card.

Top Bottom