• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

omlet

Well I just made it to the town. It's on the charger while I eat some dinner. I heard there's a bunch of quests you need to do to unlock multiplayer, or something, so I'll start on that in a bit.

And in order to not be completely off topic, I'm in dungeon 4 of PQ and finding it easier at this point to just fight my way through FOEs rather than dance around them, haha. Linker parties are really strong in this game.

spiritfox

Arbalists were fun. Especially for a Zodiac Subclass right when the option unlocked. Serious no brainer there. Hmm, I could keep a weapon that slightly ups my Tec but makes me useless without tp or I could get a bunch of free skill points and use this very decent back row ok weapon.

Warrior is a better sub for Arbalist. Charged Front Mortar, mmm.

Nachos

I always just used my Zodiac as a dark ether generator for my frontline, so I just gave her wildling to use Primal Drums in the off-turns.

Well I just made it to the town. It's on the charger while I eat some dinner. I heard there's a bunch of quests you need to do to unlock multiplayer, or something, so I'll start on that in a bit.

And in order to not be completely off topic, I'm in dungeon 4 of PQ and finding it easier at this point to just fight my way through FOEs rather than dance around them, haha. Linker parties are really strong in this game.
Maybe there's one or two quick quests beforehand, but I'm pretty sure you have access to multiplayer from the start. It's just that there are some facilities that make playing more convenient that are tied to single-player.

Nemaides

The 4th stratum in EOU is awful. So boring. I was thinking of taking a break from the game when I got blinsided by two mantis and got my party killed. Thank goodness I already beat the boss, but I think I lost my will to continue playing. Please tell me the 5th is better.

The 4th stratum in EOU is awful. So boring. I was thinking of taking a break from the game when I got blinsided by two mantis and got my party killed. Thank goodness I already beat the boss, but I think I lost my will to continue playing. Please tell me the 5th is better.

The 5th is the best one.

omlet

Mantis? In the Sandy Barrens? Assuming you mean you're in the 5th stratum, where there are mantis FOEs, and you're asking about the 6th, then it's hard to say without more info. Sounds like you're judging them based on how dangerous the FOEs are, in which case you're gonna hate the 6th stratum because it's got the nastiest FOEs in the whole game and arguably the entire series :D :D :D

If you're just tired of looking at bluish walls, you're in for some fun in the last stratum. It's got great atmosphere. Probably the best "fridge horror" dungeon in the series and up there with EO3's postgame floors for "this is kind of messed up" factor. It also has incredibly deadly packs of enemies, is difficult to navigate, and FOEs that can rip you to shreds in seconds. Other than those damn hex root ambushes, I had a blast in there.

If you're still in Sandy Barrens (which is rather dull), the 5th stratum in EOU is pretty interesting. It's also where the big twist will be revealed and you'll be in for some fun battles.

Edit: Oh, my bad, you don't mean FOEs, you're talking about the regular enemies that show up near the end of the sandy barrens. Okay, yes, next stratum (5th) is a huge improvement, don't worry! And postgame is even better >:D
I hope so. Also, when I was reading about the grimoire system before buying the game I though you guys were exaggerating, but man it's really bad.
It's really not that bad because you can largely just leave it on autopilot until postgame expert mode badge hunting.

I hope so. Also, when I was reading about the grimoire system before buying the game I though you guys were exaggerating, but man it's really bad.

I saw your post before the edit

I screwed up and thought you were talking about EO4. I tend to edit my posts a lot anyways.

Etria

Last year, I played through the first Etrian Odyssey and had a blast. Guess I had been missing out on some awesome dungeon crawling goodness :D

That gameplay and music combo is such pure fun. The environments are simply breathtaking.

Fast forward to now, I recently started Etrian Odyssey III. There have been so many changes, but I love that menu navigation has been streamlined so that we don't have to spend an age outfitting and checking on each party member.

I'm up to the 4th stratum at the moment, but have taken a break to play Ocarina of Time. Will get back to it for sure though :p

Anteo

Last year, I played through the first Etrian Odyssey and had a blast. Guess I had been missing out on some awesome dungeon crawling goodness :D

That gameplay and music combo is such pure fun. The environments are simply breathtaking.

Fast forward to now, I recently started Etrian Odyssey III. There have been so many changes, but I love that menu navigation has been streamlined so that we don't have to spend an age outfitting and checking on each party member.

I'm up to the 4th stratum at the moment, but have taken a break to play Ocarina of Time. Will get back to it for sure though :p

What year is this?
:lol

Zweizer

Banned
The Etrian Mystery Dungeon Original Soundtrack will be available April 22nd:

yf9eCIe.png

Anteo

Evidently time to play old classics :p

Seriously though, EOIII holds up quite nicely. I'm sure I'll be very impressed when I move onto the newer games though.

I was thinking more like, June 2011!

EOIII is my favorite game in the series, IV is a much better game, Untold has better UI I guess.

Etria

I was thinking more like, June 2011!

EOIII is my favorite game in the series, IV is a much better game, Untold has better UI I guess.

Yeah, EOIII has been great so far. I still hold a special place in my heart for EOI though (guess the first one you play in a series tends to achieve that status, I find).

Can't wait until I try EOIV! I feel guilty that I bought it at launch but never started :(

Zweizer

Banned
Yeah, EOIII has been great so far. I still hold a special place in my heart for EOI though (guess the first one you play in a series tends to achieve that status, I find).

Can't wait until I try EOIV! I feel guilty that I bought it at launch but never started :(

The first Etrian Odyssey will be forever dear to me due to its story and atmosphere.

EO4 is the most polished installment of the series. You should have a good time with it, deapite the noticeable difficulty drop.

Nachos

EOIV sux

true story
💩

Nice! My Untold 2 soundtrack literally just arrived today, so it seems I'll be swimming in Etrian Odyssey OSTs this year.
Have you had the chance to listen to it yet? I've been really impressed with all the rearrangements over the ones from the first Untold, though I don't want to play them too much before being able to hear them in-game.
I'm still optimistic that it'll happen sooner than later.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I am disappoint there is no OT for EOMD.

I would have done one if there was time. Unfortunately am already running the GE2:Rage Burst and DQ: Heroes OTs at the moment.

That and would have taken too long for a EOMD one with all the resources available D:

Etria

EOIV sux

true story

From reading around, I thought you were an advocate for EOIV.. :p

no one post a link to my 2013 GotY post, don't do it

it's all a lie

Please do... *interest piqued*
(anyone? :p )

The first Etrian Odyssey will be forever dear to me due to its story and atmosphere.

EO4 is the most polished installment of the series. You should have a good time with it, deapite the noticeable difficulty drop.

Yes! I completely agree. As for the difficulty setting, I'll just go Classic mode and the hardest difficulty. I like to suffer...

Parakeetman

http://sq-atlus.jp/blog/?p=1062

本作の発売を記念し、これらの追加クエストを約一カ月(3/31(火)23:59 まで)、期間限定で無料で配信することが決定しました!!

Time limit.
03/05 --- 03/31

Looks like all of the initial DLC will be free for a month in celebration of the games release. Though at the same time sad to see Atlus overloading the fucking DLC again as usual.

5 different DLC listed below.

■「世界樹と不思議のダンジョン」DLC(追加クエスト)一覧

無料配信期間:3/5(水)- 3/31(火)23:59まで

「フーライを探して下さいな」
価格:2015/3/31(火)23:59 まで無料(通常価格150円)
内容:第1迷宮で、あるフーライを探す
報酬:アイテムやenの入手量UP、特殊フロアの発生率UPなど、3つの料理が追加される

「ソードマンを探しておくれ」
内容:第2迷宮で、あるソードマンを探す
報酬:経験値やBLASTゲージ入手量UP、希少種の発生率がUPする3つの料理が追加される

「金鉱の守護者を倒してくれ」
内容:ダンジョンを徘徊する金鉱の守護者を倒す
報酬:資金集めに最適な高額買取素材を入手できる

「アカプーカしってる?」
価格:2015/3/31(火)23:59 まで無料(通常価格200円)
内容:ダンジョンを徘徊するアカプーカを倒す
報酬:アカプーカを倒すとLvアップアイテムである白の水薬や黄金の水薬が入手できる

「プリンセスを探して下さい」
価格:2015/3/31(火)23:59 まで無料(通常価格200円)
内容:第1迷宮で、あるプリンセスを探す
報酬:冒険失敗時のアイテム消失を防ぐ料理が追加される ※ドロボーや電源OFFは対象外

※すべてソフト発売と同時に配信開始です。
※DLC(追加クエスト)はゲーム開始直後からダウンロードできますが、クエストを受けるには一定以上ゲームを進める必要があります。
※DLC(追加クエスト)に限らず、クリア後のレベルリセットダンジョンは料理効果が無効となります。

Zweizer

Banned
I am disappoint there is no OT for EOMD.

Isn't it because of the new OT ruless?

Yes! I completely agree. As for the difficulty setting, I'll just go Classic mode and the hardest difficulty. I like to suffer...

That's the right mindset~

Sigh. For what it's worth, the DLC doesn't seem to be particularly important content. Exp boosters and money boosters and the like.

Yeah. At least I hope it's a sign that Atlus learned their lesson concerning DLC.

Parakeetman

Isn't it because of the new OT ruless?

That's the right mindset~

Yeah. At least I hope it's a sign that Atlus learned their lesson concerning DLC.

Forgot they pushed the release date back. Was still thinking of the old release date which would be tomorrow. D:

That and no one claimed an import version in the OT thread. I could attempt one but will take a bunch of time to get all the graphics and such in place.

With the US release coming up also not sure if it would be worth doing an import one. Unless we change it to a US thread too when the US release comes out lol. Since the images would be in English anyways.

Zweizer

Banned
Forgot they pushed the release date back. Was still thinking of the old release date which would be tomorrow. D:

That and no one claimed an import version in the OT thread. I could attempt one but will take a bunch of time to get all the graphics and such in place.

With the US release coming up also not sure if it would be worth doing an import one. Unless we change it to a US thread too when the US release comes out lol. Since the images would be in English anyways.

It's a crossover of two relatively niche series after all. I'd say making it a multiregional OT like you proposed would be better.

Parakeetman

It's a crossover of two relatively niche series after all. I'd say making it a multiregional OT like you proposed would be better.

Yeah that might be possible. Can actually reuse some of the title stuff from the UO2 OT since they use similar / same graphics also for the mystery dungeon stuff.

So just other things like the character graphics and other whatnots would take some of the time required.

Guess Ill go wander to the OT thing and just put a claim in.

When is it coming out in the west? I can do it if you guys want.

Unless you want the import thread, then nvm.

Went and put the claim in will be working with you guys here for info when the Western version is released and will update the OT and rebrand the thread title then. :)
Gonna go start collecting resources and such to prep things.

omlet

I haven't been following the details on EMD too closely outside of this thread, but I will have some free time this weekend if you need a hand. Until then, PQ, MH4, htoL#NiQ, and D&D are going to be eating all my free time in the evenings.

omlet

EO3 shopkeepers still dabes

I'm up to HR4 in MH online
still in first town in single player though, ain't nobody got time for that offline mode :v

Also, links are pretty crazy in PQ. I'm on risky mode 3-turning FOEs in the final dungeon. It's great.

EO3 shopkeepers still dabes

I'm up to HR4 in MH online
still in first town in single player though, ain't nobody got time for that offline mode :v

Also, links are pretty crazy in PQ. I'm on risky mode 3-turning FOEs in the final dungeon. It's great.

You gotta level up on the offline mode for Decorations and the food upgrades, which are pretty important. At least the difficulty of the offline mode is a joke.

And yes the EO3 shopkeeper is love.

Top Bottom