• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

omlet

I'm in the middle of having a blast with PQ on Risky mode. Ain't nobody got time for that monster hunter.

Some other friends are getting it so I might, but I've never played any MH before. I tried the demo and had no idea what I was doing and didn't find it very fun.

I'm in the middle of having a blast with PQ on Risky mode. Ain't nobody got time for that monster hunter.

Some other friends are getting it so I might, but I've never played any MH before. I tried the demo and had no idea what I was doing and didn't find it very fun.

MH takes a while to "click", but when it does, it's amazing.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

You just need to find a weapon that fits for you. Everything will feel odd at first though. But trust me you get the same rush in MH as you do from this game when you kill something difficult.

Nachos

EO3's boss theme is kinda boring to begin with. this remix ain't helping

*gets Hoplite to use Antifire*
I'm half and half with you. I don't really care for the original, but the remix seems to be a little more pleasing to my ears. It's the kind of song I'd like in the moment of fighting a boss, but would quickly forget afterwards.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Not my favorite boss theme but that's a great remix.

I want to make that my ringtone!

Also, just did a bunch of EMD previews with some press last week, so there should be some more insight next week when those previews hit.

Forgot that I was being silly with the names before we started recording, so all the names are FIGHT, HEAL, TANK, etc. Heh, whoops.

Zweizer

Banned
Also, just did a bunch of EMD previews with some press last week, so there should be some more insight next week when those previews hit.

Forgot that I was being silly with the names before we started recording, so all the names are FIGHT, HEAL, TANK, etc. Heh, whoops.

Nice, haha. Will the next headlines be "The Mysterious Adventures of Fight and Heal"?

Zweizer

Banned
Some updates concerning the assembling of the Imperial model kit. I've been somewhat busy this past month, so there wasn't much progress.

Luckily, my little brother happens to be a Gunpla nut, and is guiding me through the process. First thing we did was buying a bunch of paint specifically made for figures, as well as some matte spray. For detaching the pieces from the frame, he had a scalpel-like cutter, plus sandpaper for smoothing the nubs out. With all the materials in hand, next came the assembling:

1eGQTai.jpg

Shishou's disemboweled head, creepy.

There were several variations availables for the face, but I don't think anyone's surprised that I picked this one.

The hair looks kinda goofy with the moveable part. Oh well.

No paint was needed for most of the head, so that was relatively quick.

Painted the wing and the eye.

My brother tried to paint the skirt, very carefully, with a toothpick, after first carving a little along the lines.

He ragequit after the first line and decided to postpone it for now.

The assembled lower body, with painted greaves (silver), pants (orange and brown) and blades (gold). Looks pretty nice.

It's still going to take a while longer before it's complete, but it's slowly taking form!

My brother tried to paint the skirt, very carefully, with a toothpick, after first carving a little along the lines.

He ragequit after the first line and decided to postpone it for now.

Here is a good tutorial for doing the lines in the skirt if they are recessed. It will help your brother with his gunpla as well.

http://youtu.be/fMDC6Bg0GYo

Edit. Fixed link.

Also, looking good so far. Did you paint the eyes or decals?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Arbalists were fun. Especially for a Zodiac Subclass right when the option unlocked. Serious no brainer there. Hmm, I could keep a weapon that slightly ups my Tec but makes me useless without tp or I could get a bunch of free skill points and use this very decent back row ok weapon.

Top Bottom