• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

vocab

Alright I bought EO4. I know it's against my better judgement considering I hate wizardry clones with minimal story and copy and paste town menus, but i'll give it an honest shot. Last one I played was elminage gothic, and hated how choreful it was to play and quit before I finished the first dungeon. Garbage game. Back to Eo4, I think if it wasn't for the music, and the airships, id probably still pass on it, but i'll play it.

Zweizer

Banned
EO4 is pretty story-heavy as far as Wizardry-likes go, and additional mechanics such as the airship, map drawing and FOEs (the latter two of which are staples of the series) should make it feel rather different compared to the average dungeon crawler.

I hope you'll enjoy the game~

I know it's been a few years but I swear I never had to deal with missing as often in EO2 as I did back in EO1. I almost want to up the Agility of the character, but apperently Agi up only increases their agility by 1 point (I thought it increased their growth rate so I'd get a lot more), and one point of agility doesn't have huge difference on accuracy.

For people who have been playing EO more often than me, do you notice a lot of misses happening in the later games?

I know it's been a few years but I swear I never had to deal with missing as often in EO2 as I did back in EO1. I almost want to up the Agility of the character, but apperently Agi up only increases their agility by 1 point (I thought it increased their growth rate so I'd get a lot more), and one point of agility doesn't have huge difference on accuracy.

For people who have been playing EO more often than me, do you notice a lot of misses happening in the later games?
I've always felt like its more noticeable on the multihit attacks in the time I've been playing these games. Missing has never really been an issue, for me, on single target attacks.

Kirlia

Banned
I've always felt like its more noticeable on the multihit attacks in the time I've been playing these games. Missing has never really been an issue, for me, on single target attacks.

Missing seems to vary with each EO game. Some attacks, especially the multihit ones, are more prone to missing. However, I noticed that my characters in III tended to miss more of their single target attacks than my characters in IV or Untold did. However, as if to balance things out, I also noticed that my characters in III were much more likely to successfully run from battles (not just my Ninja, but all my other, less agile party members too) than the characters in IV and Untold.

Zweizer

Banned
To quote scy on accuracy:

Just to note, skills with a 60% Accuracy don't mean they hit 60% of the time. It means they have a 60% modifier to your Accuracy value that is used to determine your actual Hit Chance%. Basically, if you'd result in a 150% chance to hit due to your stats vs enemy stats, a 60% Accuracy skill would mean an actual 90% chance for it to hit.

Of course, this changes a lot based on the game. EO2 didn't really show massive gains from more AGI on Accuracy where as EO3/EO4 gave you a +/- 30% Hit Chance% modifier based primarily off your stats. Though, EO3/EO4 changed a lot of this too since Skills weren't Accuracy% mods like I went over above but just flat out reduced your Accuracy value. For instance, Nine Smashes is -55 so if you have 130 Accuracy, Nine Smashes reduces that to 75 for purpose of it's Hit Chance% calculation or your actual Hit Chance% would range from 45% to 105% based off your stats vs enemy stats. Realistically, though, Nine Smashes sits at around 13% - 73% outside any form of Accuracy correcting buffs due to your base being 98% :x

Am I the only one that gets both nervous and excited when they blow almost all of their cash on a single piece of equipment? I just updated my Beasts armor in EO2 from the Wildflower it's had for awhile, and while Grendale the combat wolf is now much tankier than before, it was the most expensive armor available so far so I'm broke. I need to make full use of this upgrade to earn more dough.

It helps that I've never been a fan of gathering teams and I've always given a couple of levels to my party members for gathering on the go.

ohlawd

I've never played a mystery dungeon, so I might as well experience it with EO flavoring sprinkled in. When is it releasing?

April 7th for NA

I'm the same unless you count 10 mins of Pokemon MD. Pretty excited for it. I only brought it up since other than that, the only EO left for us are the older games

Anustart

April 7th for NA

I'm the same unless you count 10 mins of Pokemon MD. Pretty excited for it. I only brought it up since other than that, the only EO left for us are the older games

Yeah. I was in a used game store the other day and looked around, but didn't see any eo games sadly. Also looked for DQ 6, but they only had IX :(

FluxWaveZ

I don't think I'm late to the party on this one: sekaiju5.jp.

K8fJd4S.jpg

Interesting that they'd have this along with the other website. Maybe it'll eventually get moved there or something.

Zweizer

Banned
Interesting. I tried with the previous installments (such as sekaiju4.jp) and it didn't work, so it's the first to get such a site. I guess it'll be a redirect or something and Atlus is just being more careful with domain names.

(Although I don't see why they didn't reserve sekaiju.jp as well.)

Nachos

I don't think I'm late to the party on this one: sekaiju5.jp.

K8fJd4S.jpg

Interesting that they'd have this along with the other website. Maybe it'll eventually get moved there or something.
Hopefully it'll mean they'll make a bigger push for V once it comes out, though maybe they also just made it on a whim. Either way, it'll be the first time Atlus Japan has used a dedicated website for the Etrian series in the eight years they otherwise could have.

vocab

So what's the rule about EO4 side dungeons? Complete them after the main Labyrinth or something to do in between? I went to both of them and got one shotted buy the first enemy I ran into.

omlet

So what's the rule about EO4 side dungeons? Complete them after the main Labyrinth or something to do in between? I went to both of them and got one shotted buy the first enemy I ran into.

Pretty sure they tend to be tougher than the first floor of the main labyrinths in their lands, so something to do between floors.

Nachos

The Untold 2 soundtrack is really, really good. I'm really impressed with all of the new arranges, though I haven't listened enough to get to the new tracks yet or their FM versions.

Feb 2nd Edit: Apparently Atlus made another EMD live stream and were being coy with EO2U and EO5. I'd love to think it actually means something, but since other projects have seemingly slipped through the cracks in the past, I'll wait for a proper announcement.

Escalario

Banned
It will probably come out like 6 months after NA release. Persona Q was more of an exception to the rule because, well, it's Persona :V

spiritfox

It'll get there eventually. When was the last Atlus game that did not come to Europe at all? SMT IV was an anomaly more than anything.

Zweizer

Banned
It'll get there eventually. When was the last Atlus game that did not come to Europe at all? SMT IV was an anomaly more than anything.

Etrian Odyssey II, III and Strange Journey didn't get released in Europe either. Granted, importing them was still an option back then.

ohlawd

Europe doesn't buy anything anyway

more importantly, I'm gonna be putting down 50 bucks for Etrian Mystery Dungeon. Fucking disgusting that the game is 10 bucks more here than the USA

ohlawd

Normal. Our exchange rate is currently 1.00 CAD = 0.80 USD, so companies have been increasing our game prices accordingly.

yep I'm just being a hyperbolic pos

maybe we should paying 55 bucks here. it's 40 normally but then the exchange rate bumps it to 45 (for the sake of not really wanting to argue, I'm leaving it at 45 since that's the highest price most 3DS games are at here) and add the complete Atlus tax for 55 bucks

I know they are on sale all the time, but the 3DS EO games are 14.99 each on the e-shop in case some of you don't own them or want a digital version of the game.

We really need Mystery Dungeon and EO2U to have something to talk about around here.

Mau-chan, you're also banned here for not finshing Untold

but I already finished EO1... that should count, right?

Story mode is so damn boring, I should just forget about it and continue with my Classic Mode run.

At least I'm not like THAT MEMBER that hasn't even finished 4 and probably hasn't finished 3 either.

Also, where is my EO Community MH4U team?

but I already finished EO1... that should count, right?

Story mode is so damn boring, I should just forget about it and continue with my Classic Mode run.

At least I'm not like THAT MEMBER that hasn't even finished 4 and probably hasn't finished 3 either.

Also, where is my EO Community MH4U team?
Senpai publicly shaming me. :(

ohlawd

this Friday, on the 13th

HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG

got the XL and CE preordered. Sorry wallet, bear with it. oh and MM CE too but that's nothing

Zweizer

Banned
Not buying one for now, as there aren't any games for it outside of Xenoblade, which I don't feel like playing on a handheld.

I'd pick the XL version though. It just feels more comfortable.

Anteo

The only reason I'm buying the nXL its because I dont want to play MH with the og 3ds screen. I really wanted the regular n3ds tho

Top Bottom