• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

omlet

You gotta level up on the offline mode for Decorations and the food upgrades, which are pretty important. At least the difficulty of the offline mode is a joke.

And yes the EO3 shopkeeper is love.

Well, I beat Persona Q last night, Risky mode, 90 hours, level 78 party. Took two tries to beat final boss. Not as good as a real EO game but still a great game. Atmosphere and music are fantastic. The BGM in the final dungeon especially is soooo good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHZgt-KiiAs

Now I will have some more time for MH4.

ohlawd

who are the shopkeeps in EO3 again

the only NPCs I remember are the princess and the inn boy, who I may add, is the cutest little boy in gaming

and I'm a dude

omlet

who are the shopkeeps in EO3 again

the only NPCs I remember are the princess and the inn boy, who I may add, is the cutest little boy in gaming

and I'm a dude

Her
3dG0qyN.jpg

and her older sister who wears a red kimono.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
So fluffy~

(You wouldn't want to cuddle a FOE-ball)

I think at one of the comikets someone made them though that orange one which appeared in that original F.O.E. video. I remember seeing pics of it a long time ago I think?

Zweizer

Banned
Im surprised just for nostalgia sake they have not put an option to have it back on. D:

Has there ever been a graphical option in the games? I don't imagine that it'd be that hard to implement either way, and it'd give veterans an experience closer to the DS games, where you couldn't really identify the FOE without fighting them.

NichM

Banned
Has there ever been a graphical option in the games? I don't imagine that it'd be that hard to implement either way, and it'd give veterans an experience closer to the DS games, where you couldn't really identify the FOE without fighting them.

I don't think a toggle like that would work in 4 and the Untold games. Most of the new/redesigned dungeons have puzzles which involve the FOEs and their behavior in some way, and you have to be able to recognize them on sight for that.

Zweizer

Banned
They just need to make an FOE that IS a fuzzy orange ball.

Now that'd be a novel idea.

I don't think a toggle like that would work in 4 and the Untold games. Most of the new/redesigned dungeons have puzzles which involve the FOEs and their behavior in some way, and you have to be able to recognize them on sight for that.

Yeah, that's true. I imagine it'd be hard to implement the various FOE interactions without the 3D models.

Parakeetman

The import OT should go up later in the evening currently swamped with all sorts of stuff, but know most folks are waiting for next months localized version anyways so it should be all good. Just wanted to let you all know.

Wont be anything too fancy for the import one and for the US one pretty much would just be using all the Atlus resources anyways.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The import OT should go up later in the evening currently swamped with all sorts of stuff, but know most folks are waiting for next months localized version anyways so it should be all good. Just wanted to let you all know.

Wont be anything too fancy for the import one and for the US one pretty much would just be using all the Atlus resources anyways.
Evening? :<
Can you put up a placeholder, so people can write down their impressions earlier? :p
Wouldn't make much sense to make an import impressions thread if the OT is coming on the same day.

Parakeetman

Evening? :<
Can you put up a placeholder, so people can write down their impressions earlier? :p
Wouldn't make much sense to make an import impressions thread if the OT is coming on the same day.

Considering no one will be getting the game till later anyways, there is no sense in rushing things. That and I really would not take someones impressions all that seriously anyways if they just bought the game then tried to write impressions down unless the title was fucking broken from the start. lol

I should be able to get something up before the evening. The mods generally said do not put like skeleton sort of OTs up, which is why need to fill it out to some extent first. Hopefully by the afternoon with the current schedule.

Parakeetman

I don't think that many people would see them here. :p

Not like a lot of people would see it in the OT anyways considering how dead the other one was for EO:U2 lol.

Am sure there will be more attention when the OT switches to the US version in April.

Sölf

Currently playing 4 (well, a bit), which I have since release but wanted to finish 3 first. Which if course I still haven't done (B12F currently). In Untold I am at B11F I think (haven't beaten the Ant Queen yet). Only finished EO 1 and 2, but without postgame content. And I am pretty sure I will also buy Untold 2 and EO 5, even if I still haven't finished any other game of the series until then. xD

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Wont have time to touch this till after the import OT / other stuff is done.
You got it this early? Do you even work? :eek:
Jokes aside, I should be getting my copy later, but doubt I'll be able to put more than 40 min into it before I get home. :(

I am about to start EOU. I generally play games on "hard" but not on "nightmare" or "lunatic" (think FE:A, i did classic hard).

I finished EOIV on whatever its top difficulty was for the first playthru, killed 2 of the dragons, but did not bother finishing off the last postgame boss.

I am doing classic mode, but should I choose standard or hard?

Parakeetman

A match made in heaven.
There's an Etrian in my dungeon.
Getting localized soon.

No good ideas here. :(

I just might go with something stupid like

FOE! FOE!... DOE?!

if someone comes up with something better ill bug a mod for a change.

Top Bottom