• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Import OT for Etrian Mystery Dungeon is LIVE.
829.png

I just finished assembling my Imperial figure!

There wasn't a V hand so that's about the best pose I came up for her.
She looks great~

Credits to my brother for the insane attention to detail on her drive blade.
And your other figures look on jealously knowing they will be unloved now and who the new favorite is.

Parakeetman

Etrian Mystery Dungeon is so hot, it's advertised in R-18 stores:

Credit to rrvv, via MangaGAF.

btw as I told Hasemo, see there really was no rush for putting up the OT as its dead already lol.

Game is pretty enjoyable though. Only real issue is sometimes the friendly AI are idiots and do literally nothing :D There is no happy medium, its either do nothing or become over zealous and waste TP. Turning off skills doesnt help since that puts them more back to doing nothing.

btw as I told Hasemo, see there really was no rush for putting up the OT as its dead already lol.

Game is pretty enjoyable though. Only real issue is sometimes the friendly AI are idiots and do literally nothing :D There is no happy medium, its either do nothing or become over zealous and waste TP. Turning off skills doesnt help since that puts them more back to doing nothing.

That sounds annoying, I have never played a Mystery Dungeon but does that mean that you don't feel a lot of control over your party?

Zweizer

Banned

I've been trying to ignore it so that I won't get accidentally spoiled, and I imagine it's the same for others.

I predict it'll be bustling with life in a month.

That sounds annoying, I have never played a Mystery Dungeon but does that mean that you don't feel a lot of control over your party?

Nope. You only control the leader (or was it only a character at a time? I forgot) in Mystery Dungeon games.

Parakeetman

Not really, from someone else that is a trusted source apparently the AI has issues with the smaller spaces more like the passages so they do not react if fights are taken in there and will not perform ranged skills to assist the front line person fighting.

Though you can switch through the other characters and perform actions so its not as bad. But direct actions are only done through the leader.

Overall am not having really any issues at all. Since there is still a ton of stuff to learn with the game. But that is one of the existing small issues folks will encounter.

Ive totally redone my party and am now going with a Princess / Furai / Shinobi / Runemaster

Though healing is a bit of an issue for when large amounts of damage is taken. Though smaller stuff the Princess currently can take care of with her abilities.

Parakeetman

Good to know that it isn't that big of a problem.

I wonder how bad it's going to be that I want a Dancer and Princess in my team no matter what.

The princess can hold its own in combat. Not sure about the dancer as have not used it yet. Though Id imagine some skills would class with the Princess ones if you do not make them built specifically to prevent that?

Plan on testing mine out later on. Thank god for the system that allows the other not used characters to gain exp too. Since everyone else is not too far behind my main PT.

The princess can hold its own in combat. Not sure about the dancer as have not used it yet. Though Id imagine some skills would class with the Princess ones if you do not make them built specifically to prevent that?

Plan on testing mine out later on. Thank god for the system that allows the other not used characters to gain exp too. Since everyone else is not too far behind my main PT.

I love that your other party members can gain exp, EO3 had the Combat Study skill which was really helpful, I missed it so much in EO4.

Tentative Party so far because I love planning ahead: Protector, Princess, Dancer, Hexer.

Sölf

8 years already, eh? That one was still localized in german (and the only one released here until EO 4). Man, those were the days. Dieing to like the first enemies because you simply do not expect the first enemies to deal 50% of a characters health with one hit. xD

Sölf

I actually used to name my team after users from various forums. And nowadays I name them after characters from my various RPG-Maker games. xD

omlet

Yay!

I'll update the OP with release info (and the links to new OT and to Atlus main EMD site)

Oh, and the English game covers. And done!

I heard about that, it means that it sold more than they expected, but they might have had low expectations and undershipped. I'd say this is good news.

Top Bottom