• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

Zweizer

Banned
Sölf;158323117 said:
Okay, thought he was one of the optional bosses that didn't require a quest to spawn (at least some didn't require a quest in EO 1... Manticore maybe?)

Nope, since EO1 introduced these bosses, they all require a quest in order to fight them (Alraune, Manticore and the 3 Dragons). The only one you can fight without a quest is Wyvern I think.

Zweizer

Banned
Something something April 1st.

X2KrzQn.jpg

Anyone willing to translate it?

tuffy

My Etrian Odyssey Untold 1/2 artbook is here and it's quite a tome. Looks like about 25 pages of key art, about 150 pages of art for the new story characters, 100 pages of non-story characters/monsters/setting, 80 pages of movie storyboards, and about 40 pages of extras like sketches and comics. It's nice!

ohlawd

oh yeah no EO2U footage from the Direct

why

the Direct was already perfect. it could have been more perfect than it already was

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I propose this:

If that fits Ill go with that then lol

btw finally got time again with the game and got steamrolled by a DOE lol. it 1 shotted my lv 19 princess. D: threaded out of there hella fast after that happened. wasted one of those world tree leaf items that instantly revives a fallen PT member too thanks to that. D:

Time to call out the paladins again.
85HSEgz.png

Have 2 made just for times like these. Though will most def effect my damage output D:

Parakeetman

You're not going to reuse the import OT?

I could do that, will ask one of the mods what they would rather have me do with it.

I look forward to making a party without a tank in EOMD.

I'll make a gunner/princess party work, you'll all see!

It works, but there are seriously times where you will most def need someone with insanely high def and ability to pull enemy hate. Since when you get swarmed things get real bad fast in this game lol.

Ohnonono

I am trying to decide between EMD and Xenoblade 3D to preorder today. I really love the ideas in this game, I have played but never finished and Etrian game. I have played a good bit of Shiren and a few other roguelikes. I would love any impressions people have who have played. (Part of what is keeping me from Xenoblade is that it looks a little trashy image quality wise and that I already have Monster Hunter 4U for a huge pretty open game.) Gonna go pre-order one or the other today so please lemme know :D

Parakeetman

I am trying to decide between EMD and Xenoblade 3D to preorder today. I really love the ideas in this game, I have played but never finished and Etrian game. I have played a good bit of Shiren and a few other roguelikes. I would love any impressions people have who have played. (Part of what is keeping me from Xenoblade is that it looks a little trashy image quality wise and that I already have Monster Hunter 4U for a huge pretty open game.) Gonna go pre-order one or the other today so please lemme know :D

The Import OT

Zweizer

Banned
Bias aside, I'd say it'd be best to preorder EMD as it's more likely to be harder to find copies afterwards considering that it's still a pretty niche game, whereas Xenoblade seems to have gained quite a mainstream following.

Parakeetman

Bias aside, I'd say it'd be best to preorder EMD as it's more likely to be harder to find copies afterwards considering that it's still a pretty niche game.

Then again didnt like low print runs of Xenoblade also happen? Unless nintendo will prevent that this time around lol.

Buy both, consume bread crust and water for a month is the only answer.

Zweizer

Banned
Then again didnt like low print runs of Xenoblade also happen? Unless nintendo will prevent that this time around lol.

Buy both, consume bread crust and water for a month is the only answer.

Considering all the attention Xenoblade has been getting this past year I'd say it's pretty likely that they're going to prepare a big shipment.

(But yeah, get both if possible lol)

It was a pretty easy choice for me. Xenoblade 3D.

I really want an update on the EU release of EMD. I played a One Way Heroics recently and it has a very similar gameplay style to the PMD games (probably my lack of experience with games with similar gameplay) and it gave me a really itch for another MD.
I see it being a few months until we get the game (or maybe even hear), it didn't even appear during the EU Direct yesterday.

Xenoblade 3DS will not be as difficult to find as the Wii version, almost sure about it.

Even if I wonder how it's going to sell considering only N3DS owners can play it.

omlet

Guys, does anyone have a DBZ training time machine or something, or maybe some money so I can quit my day job? DFO is coming back and consuming like 99% of my waking free time and 30% of my normal sleeping time and I still have MH4 and Firefly Diary and a backlog... I want to play EMD but when will I have the time! lol

I drop pretty much everything when an EO game comes out.

I'm currently playing DMC3, Atelier Shallie, Brandish, Persona Q(never going to finish this shit) and MH4U so I kinda get how you feel lol.

you're playing MH again? I never got the memo

I only have Story of Seasons right now. feels good breh

I'm always playing MH, but I've been playing High Rank and G1 stuff mostly as my IRL Hunting group is slow as fuck(we play like 5 hours of MH every week together).

You should get me through G2 one of these days.

ohlawd

it's hard but I have to quit MH. Kitteh, if you're reading this (I doubt it) then forgive me :(

if I manage to beat EMD this month, then I need all the time I can spare to finish Rainbow Curse and Codename Steam, maybe sprinkle a bit of Story of Seasons in there cuz when May drops, it's all over

tuffy

Did anything decent come out in March? I sorta skipped right over it with all the Monster Hunting. Etrian Mystery Dungeon will be the first new game I've played in awhile. I've got Xenoblade 3D on order but that'll have to wait.

ohlawd

What happens in May? Witcher 3?

getting

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker - 05
The Witcher 3 - 19
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX - 26
Splatoon - 29

I know there's a gap between 05-19 but I plan to 100% DS2 again. That's gonna eat up 70 hours minimum and that's for the old content. new content, gonna be longer :3

Did anything decent come out in March? I sorta skipped right over it with all the Monster Hunting. Etrian Mystery Dungeon will be the first new game I've played in awhile. I've got Xenoblade 3D on order but that'll have to wait.

Atelier Shallie...

was good enough. but anything compared to MH isn't as good, that's for sure.

I don't forgive you.

Also the only May game I care about is Splatoon and maybe Miku.

Atelier Shallie.

Parakeetman

Even Atlus reps themselves will not convince me my idea is bad.

I DON'T CARE GUNNER/PRINCESS PARTY IS GO!! You'll all see!!!

You really will have to manually control your party since there will be times that half of them will be stuck in a hallway or something causing the AI not to react, which means you need to control those in there manually which usually will wind up being the ranged characters.

You really will have to manually control your party since there will be times that half of them will be stuck in a hallway or something causing the AI not to react, which means you need to control those in there manually which usually will wind up being the ranged characters.

why would I not want to manually control them?

Parakeetman

why would I not want to manually control them?

If the AI is handling things you wont need to switch back and forth as much. Its just there are specific situations where the AI will not be responding due to their position on the map for whatever reason.

Plus everything is done in single turns which means moving 1 character moves all of the enemies also. So its not like you get to move all of your characters first. Makes you think a bit more when figuring out who would be the best to control manually depending on whats going on.

tuffy

It's weird getting the Etrian Mystery Dungeon soundtrack so close to the game itself, even slightly after in this case. I'm used to getting the discs and then just sitting on them so I don't spoil themes from the game before playing it. Like hitting the 4th land theme from IV wouldn't have been quite the same if I'd listened to it from the soundtrack first.

If the AI is handling things you wont need to switch back and forth as much. Its just there are specific situations where the AI will not be responding due to their position on the map for whatever reason.

Plus everything is done in single turns which means moving 1 character moves all of the enemies also. So its not like you get to move all of your characters first. Makes you think a bit more when figuring out who would be the best to control manually depending on whats going on.

Sounds interesting, can't wait to play the game.... just 4 days to go!

Top Bottom