• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Arcanist-F1-610x667.jpg

EOU3 plz

without a doubt there will most def be a pirate character if they make 3. I still wonder if they will keep the MP component that was in the original game since it was cool.

spiritfox

Oh, I agree that it'd be interesting, but I'd have thought the Deep Ones' existence was supposed to be kept secret until you reach the middle of the game.

Then again they did spoil unceremoniously the first Etrian Odyssey's big twist with Millennium GIrl.

They don't have to explicitly tell us who he actually is, but reveal it as the game goes along. But I don't think they can pull it off adequately.

Zweizer

Banned
EOU3 plz

without a doubt there will most def be a pirate character if they make 3. I still wonder if they will keep the MP component that was in the original game since it was cool.

I'd still rather have an Imperial (  ̄ 3  ̄) ~♪

The MP was neat and I don't think it'd be too hard to implement, but then again there's not much of an argument for it either. I doubt many people really cared for it.

They don't have to explicitly tell us who he actually is, but reveal it as the game goes along. But I don't think they can pull it off adequately.

Yeah that's what I'm afraid of. It can be done, but I fear they'd consider it to be too much of a hassle story-wise.

Sölf

I would actually be interested if EOU3 would include mini dungeons like EO 4. With the whole sea exploring it would actually fit somehwat. So instead of just "going on the island and findsing stuff" you would actually explore a small dungeon. Wouldn't have to be for everything, but some mini dungeons would definitly be nice.

Zweizer

Banned
Sölf;156950362 said:
I would actually be interested if EOU3 would include mini dungeons like EO 4. With the whole sea exploring it would actually fit somehwat. So instead of just "going on the island and findsing stuff" you would actually explore a small dungeon. Wouldn't have to be for everything, but some mini dungeons would definitly be nice.

It'd be nice, but that'd mean a shitload of either additional content (which I fear if they did implement it, it'd be as DLC) or cut content elsewhere, kind of like how EO4's small dungeons were balanced by the main strata being reduced to 3 floors.

EOU3 plz

I'd kill for an Arcanist in EO3U oh lord.

It makes me sad that if we get an EO3U it will probably have a lower budget than 2U considering how it sold.

You're dead to me.

The sailing needs some reworking, but removing it 100%? never.
Whatever you always take me back anyway. <3

The sailing stuff was what makes EO3 the hardest to me because its frustrating due to the way its designed. Improving your ship, having the right equips for it, and being one of the better ways of earning money drove me insane,ugh.

If they take sailing and sea quests out of an EO3 remake I will not miss them one bit.
omlet knows what's up.

I am playing it. Slowly.

But then I remember EOMD is coming out soon and I lose the urge. I could probably beat it before EOMD comes if I stop getting distracted.

Oh wait Bloodborne...

ohlawd

the sailing segments in endgame. holy shit, hardest puzzles in a game ever

I will definitely not miss sailing that nuts. I'll take nice and easy ones tho

Sölf

I probably would actually finish another EO if I wouldn't start every one of them anew. I just started a new EOU run (where I only got to floor 11 before). xD

Also: You all know these, eh?

latest
latest
latest
latest
latest

I alway thought the black thing is most likely their mouth. But now... for some reason I saw that thing is a closed eye. And suddenly: Kawaii gels. Pls help.

Sölf

Seeing that IV, Untold, and Mystery Dungeon(all but confirmed) are getting released in Europe, I don't think Untold 2 will be skipped.

But yeah, I would not be able to deal with the extra wait.

If the 3DS wouldn't have a region lock there would be no problem at all. But like this... Release, please! D:

Zweizer

Banned
Seeing that IV, Untold, and Mystery Dungeon(all but confirmed) are getting released in Europe, I don't think Untold 2 will be skipped.

But yeah, I would not be able to deal with the extra wait.

I wish I had your optimism...

5 is enough. Ur Child will cower behind the wall of shields.

Didn't know that. They removed the potion?

There's been some change in the Force system:

Each character now gets two force skills – a force boost and a force break. The force boost is usable whenever the gauge fills and is a passive buff that can't be cancelled for three turns. The break, on the other hand, is only usable after activating the boost, and after using it, it immediately removes the boost state and prevents the gauge from being filled until you return to town.

Here's the complete list, courtesy of various GameFAQs and Something Awful users:

Top Bottom