• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

Nachos

Don't think anyone's mentioned this, but apparently the Untold 1+2 artbook teases Untold 3, with some blurbs by Komori and Himukai outright mentioning Amoroad.

Wonder if this means Kanada's team is handling it, since Komori's is handling V?

Zweizer

Banned
Interesting info, and yeah, it's pretty likely that Kanada will be in charge of Untold 3, unless they bring a new crossover game.

Don't think anyone's mentioned this, but apparently the Untold 1+2 artbook teases Untold 3, with some blurbs by Komori and Himukai outright mentioning Amoroad.

Wonder if this means Kanada's team is handling it, since Komori's is handling V?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

yes please

Nachos

I'd post the scan, but this being GAF and all, I'd better not. I did find a transcription, though:
エトリア、ハイ ・ ラガードと続いた冒険は遂に南の島へ舞台を移す。ハイランダーとファフニールが相会う、アーモロードに異形の影が迫る!!

And a translation:
The unending adventures in Etria and High Laggard moves on to Armoroad at last. The highlander and fafnir will meet, as a strange shadow approaches Armoroad.

It'll be interesting if it really has ties to both of the other Untold games, and it'll hopefully give you a reason to use the clear data (it's so weird that there are three games worth of cleared saves you can store for the 3DS games now, but no one knows what they do).

Zweizer

Banned
I'd post the scan, but this being GAF and all, I'd better not. I did find a transcription, though:

And a translation:

It'll be interesting if it really has ties to both of the other Untold games, and it'll hopefully give you a reason to use the clear data (it's so weird that there are three games worth of cleared saves you can store for the 3DS games now, but no one knows what they do).

That sounds pretty exciting, especially the prospect of tying the three games together. I doubt the clear data from the previous two Untold games would amount to much (probably something akin to the password in EO2), but a nod to them would be very much welcome.

And a translation:

What??? it would be legit amazing if they made the parties meet and let us choose who to use, holy crap.

And Classic mode: Just let us use EVERY class ever, let it continue being the most broken game ever even after a remake.

Nachos

They should just follow what they did for Teach and offer five different portraits for Raquna.

I'd normally be fine with this, but then I realized I don't want five different Erin Fitzgeralds yelling over each other.

Oh no. Picking 5 out of the ten might be a bit tough...

The 4 Girls plus the MC from 2, done.

But I still think we need new members for 3, it would be a complete waste to not use the amazing classes from EO3, plus we need subclassing.

Wildling plz.

I'm too excited about any of these really happening, EO3 has the best fucking story in the series and I can see it getting pretty interesting if they tried to make EO3 some sort of finale for the Trilogy.

Best part would be letting us use every class from EO2 in Classic mode of Untold 3. What kind of CRAZY shit could we do with every class + subclassing.

omlet

Oh no. Picking 5 out of the ten might be a bit tough...
It's not nice to get people's hopes up!
DcbHZHX.jpg

but what if it turns out to be true

Nachos

Best part would be letting us use every class from EO2 in Classic mode of Untold 3. What kind of CRAZY shit could we do with every class + subclassing.

If we use III's original balance, Gladiator/Fafnir would be too stronk, and five of them would just be ridiculous overkill.

Actually, Fafnir would need to get reworked since there's no force gauge. I wonder how they'd even do it?

Hey, everyone! What's the current best entry point for this series?

EOU or EOIV. IV might be better to start with though. I started with EOU. Also you can pick them up for 14.99 each on eshop or like 20ish physical in NA on amazon etc. I got EOIV digitally and physically for 14.99 and 19.99.

Let us know what you think when you do decide to give them a shot.

Nachos

Be sure to download the demo for IV first. It's literally the first part of the game, and you can even transfer all of your progress to the full game and start right where the demo ends.

omlet

I thought it had no plot in classic mode?

Every EO game has a plot. Untold Story Mode just forces you to use a specific party of premades (thus the game can have skits and dialog with them since they're always in your party) vs you using your ~imagination~ to follow along with what info you find from NPCs and exploration throughout the game.

I've got a question for you EO vets. When you compare the 3ds and DS originals, which do you prefer when it comes to gameplay, art direction (not graphics), story and difficulty.

I ask, cuz I'm very curious to pick up the original trilogy even though I hsve EO4. EOU, and will get EOU2.

spiritfox

I've got a question for you EO vets. When you compare the 3ds and DS originals, which do you prefer when it comes to gameplay, art direction (not graphics), story and difficulty.

I ask, cuz I'm very curious to pick up the original trilogy even though I hsve EO4. EOU, and will get EOU2.

I have a soft spot for EO2, even though the balance is pretty bad. It has the best atmosphere and the music is pretty great. But gameplay-wise EO3 is the best of the DS games.

Argh!! Trying to clear the boss in ruins 2 in EOU is getting on my nerves.
Noble bees keep spawning and they are such a pain. I barely can get at the Queen Bee.

Nachos

This is about two days late, but Atlus posted a trailer for the Fafnir Knight (as in, the actual knight), though it's mostly Arianna talking. I like her voice, but I can't say it fits her at all.

Argh!! Trying to clear the boss in ruins 2 in EOU is getting on my nerves.
Noble bees keep spawning and they are such a pain. I barely can get at the Queen Bee.
It's been a while, but are the bees entering through the gates? I could've sworn there was a way to close some of them while still being able to fight the queen.

Combat: IV or Untold. They both have their problems (less so with IV), but I really like them for different reasons.
Dungeons: I
would be second-place if Persona Q counts.
Art Direction: IV has the best character designs overall, III has my favorite monster designs, and I/Untold and III have my favorite environment designs.
Story: Nothing beats the novelty of I's twist of you don't know about it, but I really liked that III's tried to be more involved. Its story is probably the best, start-to-finish.
Difficulty: I/II are probably the hardest, even if they both have huge ways you can completely trivialize their difficulties. Untold has the best difficulty-to-balance ratio, even if it's not perfect.

Okay so just came across the twist in EOU. If I hadn't already been spoiled on it my mind woulda been blown. Doubly so if I had played this on the original EO. Still discovering that
the Yidragssil tree is man made was a surprise. Didn't know that.

Hoping that with Frederics gaining her memories back there might be some new and interesting banter and development between the party.

Zweizer

Banned
On the topic of side quests: are there much changes between story and classic mode?

I don't think there are any changes between the two modes (aside from the banter in Story mode of course).

Now if you were to ask me about whether there were any changes between the first EO and Untold, then yes. Most notably the solo Sickwood quest, which regrettably isn't implemented in Untold.

Nachos

Well, bad news: apparently the comments made in the art book were basically just members of the Etrian team throwing out "what if" scenarios for a joke. All of the comments were never meant to be taken seriously.

But, I mean, Untold 3 will probably still happen, possibly even this year. Untold 2 was announced three months before it launched in Japan.

Zweizer

Banned
Well, bad news: apparently the comments made in the art book were basically just members of the Etrian team throwing out "what if" scenarios for a joke. All of the comments were never meant to be taken seriously.

But, I mean, Untold 3 will probably still happen, possibly even this year. Untold 2 was announced three months before it launched in Japan.

I can already hear the incoming disappointment lol

Having the 3 Untold games converge sounded somewhat too good to be true.

I doubt we'll hear any news about Untold 3 this year though. I feel Atlus will prioritize EO5 first, which looks like to be an early 2016 release at its soonest.

Top Bottom