• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

Anteo

screw it, I only have one life. JUST BLAAAZE

I'm gonna do Classic mode in Untold. if I can finish then great. if not, whatever. the world's not gonna end.

so far I'm doing
Ronin, Dark Hunter, Troubadour, Hexer and Protector.

I feel like not using P since I kept Raquna as one but if I get rid of it for a Survivalist, I can have an all-star team of classes I haven't used before. I'm a fucking wimp tho. I need dat tank. can't leave home without 'em.

I'm actually playing EOU right now, back to the 3rd stratum with a new party.
For my first run I used Landsknecht, Ronin, Dark Hunter / Troubadour Survivalist. It actually was easier than the story mode party!
The first few levels were rough, anything one hit ko'd the ronin on expert

MrDoctor

Returning to EOII after Operation Abyss. Now Hellion is absolutely destroying me. My strategy is as follows:

Ronin attacks with Mideraba
Dark Hunter spams Gag to stop Hellion's more deadly skills
War Magus casts Rockskin on front row, then heals as necessary
Gunner uses Riskshot until TP runs out
Hexer casts Frailty first turn, then unsuccessfully spams Blinding

This is good for getting about halfway through the fight before someone dies and I'm screwed.

Thinking about switching my Hexer with a Troubadour to deal to deal with the physical attacks that usually kill with one hit. I also found that Fire Mist item that doesn't seem to really help at all.

sleepiestpoet

Neo Member
so I'm binging on EOU music cuz I got nothing to do and don't really feel like playing anything else with EO2U honing in. well, I can start classic EOU but less than two weeks? nah.

listen to this shit

the bar music, I think. CHILL
3rd stratum. best music in the game, imo. you can't beat 1:20
when you fight those two. best battle theme too

Ugh, EOU music is so good.
Does anyone else listen to the Super Arrange/Doujinshi albums? Personally, I really like the different instrumentation/occasional vocals of the Super Arranges. The Fabulous Troupe on youtube is a good place to find them online.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFabulousTroupe/playlists

ohlawd

I'm actually playing EOU right now, back to the 3rd stratum with a new party.
For my first run I used Landsknecht, Ronin, Dark Hunter / Troubadour Survivalist. It actually was easier than the story mode party!
The first few levels were rough, anything one hit ko'd the ronin on expert

hmm yeah I'll keep the Protector for a little while longer

and I'm having a lot more fun with this party. gonna be hard to resist the temptation to reclass the entire EO2U story mode party. except I redid Flavio as a Gunner because I wanted someone that can bind and use elements.

Nachos

This is actually how the original EO1 skill tree worked if you think about it.
So like EOI?
I didn't even realize that, but maybe they could also introduce modifiers that encourage sticking to the niche.

Ugh, EOU music is so good.
Does anyone else listen to the Super Arrange/Doujinshi albums? Personally, I really like the different instrumentation/occasional vocals of the Super Arranges. The Fabulous Troupe on youtube is a good place to find them online.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFabulousTroupe/playlists
I WANT YOOOOOUUUUUU TO FEAR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Shiver's super arrange aside, I pretty much like all of them.

Apparently Fafnir Knight is already being sold in some stores? Walked into one in NY today and they said they had it 2 weeks early.
Yeah, Atlus sent out shipments early. A friend of mine in New York got their copy yesterday, but it seems like it's mostly mom 'n pop stores that are breaking street date. I don't mind waiting, though, since I was planning to use a highlander in my party, and they aren't up for download yet.

Zweizer

Banned
Returning to EOII after Operation Abyss. Now Hellion is absolutely destroying me. My strategy is as follows:

Ronin attacks with Mideraba
Dark Hunter spams Gag to stop Hellion's more deadly skills
War Magus casts Rockskin on front row, then heals as necessary
Gunner uses Riskshot until TP runs out
Hexer casts Frailty first turn, then unsuccessfully spams Blinding

This is good for getting about halfway through the fight before someone dies and I'm screwed.

Thinking about switching my Hexer with a Troubadour to deal to deal with the physical attacks that usually kill with one hit. I also found that Fire Mist item that doesn't seem to really help at all.

Does your Hexer have Revenge, Torpor or Dampen? Or are they still inaccessible? I'd say these would be much more useful than binds (usually I'd let the Dark Hunter take care of those), especially Revenge. Try using Iceshot/Rikice instead of Riskshot as well for your Gunner. You can Rest them after saving beforehand, then test these builds.

A Protector or Troubadour would help, yes, though I'd say your team is fine, if a bit frail. Stock up on healing items if you'd rather not go through the trouble of leveling new characters.

Apparently Fafnir Knight is already being sold in some stores? Walked into one in NY today and they said they had it 2 weeks early.

Unleash the Atlus police!

spiritfox

no

noooo

noooooooooooooo

uKO4bC7.jpg

hohoho~

Oh the booklet is in the gamecase this time round.

Edit: I don't know what classes to play!! Maybe I should play story mode first until the DLCs are live.

It's pretty cool. There are some commentary from Himukai and Komori inside about the characters which is interesting to read. Flavius is apparently a favorite with the women.

edit: looking forward to proper unboxing videos soon hopefully. My physical copy should reach on release day.

I don't know what the rules are for street date breaks here but I just did a twitter search and found a few places displaying the game. Congrats on getting it early :D

I can't wait for embargo to be lifted to properly talk about it.

Zweizer

Banned
I'm trying to buy some EO goodies on my trip. Why isn't there more variety available? I'd really love some posters and plushies ( >&#65103;< )

Atlus plz

Nachos

I'm trying to buy some EO goodies on my trip. Why isn't there more variety available? I'd really love some posters and plushies ( >&#65103;< )

Atlus plz
Where'd you go that you can even find goodies?

Alright, complete collection for now, as EMD arrived on friday. Am I cool now?
You won't finish your rite of passage until you go into the woods and put a deer in a headlock or let a squirrel steal all of your belongings.

It's impossible to go from 2 to 1. No strafing, that font
I adapted to the lack of strafing pretty quickly when I replayed I recently, to the point where it took me an hour to remember I could crab walk in the Untold 2 demo. The typeface still skirts on being illegible, though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I can go back to the font and lack of strafing because the first game is my favorite and I was there to experience it.

Going from 2 to 1 though for someone coming back from EO IV/Untold 1/2? Yeeesh.

omlet

Man, I was planning to get EOU2 a little later this summer because my plate is full of several things I want to finish, but the hype bug is biting me... kind of doubly so since EO2 was really my first full game in the series so going back to it this way is something I do wanna do.

MrDoctor

Does your Hexer have Revenge, Torpor or Dampen? Or are they still inaccessible? I'd say these would be much more useful than binds (usually I'd let the Dark Hunter take care of those), especially Revenge. Try using Iceshot/Rikice instead of Riskshot as well for your Gunner. You can Rest them after saving beforehand, then test these builds.

Just barely RNG'd my way through the fight after resting my Gunner for Rikice. Not sure how to take advantage of my Hexer's Revenge skill as she never receives any damage.

Third stratum might have the best music I've heard so far.

omlet

Just barely RNG'd my way through the fight after resting my Gunner for Rikice. Not sure how to take advantage of my Hexer's Revenge skill as she never receives any damage.

Put Hexer on front line. Let Hexer die. Revive Hexer with level 1 revive spell. Put Hexer back in rear line. Do not heal Hexer. Kill everything.

Zweizer

Banned

Third stratum might have the best music I've heard so far.

Oops, meant Riskice and Blind. Blind isn't that useful imo. If you want to inflict ailments, Torpor or Virus would be way better. As for Revenge, what omlet said. It's better when equipped with stuff that increases HP beforehand.

Either way, congrats for beating the boss, and yeah, all of EO2's dungeon/town music are nice. Probably the best of the series.

Top Bottom