• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

ohlawd

Lol will this have dual audio? I didn't touch the demo, so I have no idea if Chloe's voice is that bad in-game.

On the 5th Stratum of EOU and got manhandled by those two backstabbers >.<

you go rekt because you dissed Chloe's ENG VA >:)

I beat those two just now and they didn't stand a chance. already finished the game once before tho

Nachos

Decided to throw this at the bottom of the OT in the off-chance someone reading it doesn't know about the community thread:
1bVZKo2.jpg

Also, I think I'm going to delay the class cards for a little bit – at least until I know how one of Fafnir's skills that's tied to story mode progression got translated.

Zweizer

Banned
Decided to throw this at the bottom of the OT in the off-chance someone reading it doesn't know about the community thread:
1bVZKo2.jpg

Also, I think I'm going to delay the class cards for a little bit – at least until I know how one of Fafnir's skills that's tied to story mode progression got translated.

Oh nice. It'd be great if it was implemented in the OP of all subsequent EO threads.

As for that Fafnir skill, can't one of the reviewers/street date breakers help you?

omlet

I think I'm doing story mode first this time because I've played the original so I'm not concerned about the spoiler aspect like I was with EOU1. I'll NG+ into classic, for the real experience, of course.

Zweizer

Banned
If there were any game that'd actually benefit from a Story mode, EO2 would be it, considering that it has the thinnest plot of the series.

ohlawd

woot made it. I guess Tuesday was too far away for me to not finish in time

and just like that, the story mode classes in EO2U feel utterly boring >_>

you go rekt because you dissed Chloe's ENG VA >:)

I beat those two just now and they didn't stand a chance. already finished the game once before tho

Lol someone in the YouTube comments called her a waifu xD.

I see that BB doesn't have free release day shipping for EOU2 >.<. Hopefully my local BB has it on the shelf....without that crappy black lock around it. They love throwing that black lock around CE/LE copies...it completely destroys them.

spiritfox

Doot doot 2nd stratum boss down! His spawns are pretty annoying, but my Hexer basically shut him down. Now I'm planning to get to 30 and wait for the DLC so I can get a Highlander. Not sure who to replace though.

Nachos

As for that Fafnir skill, can't one of the reviewers/street date breakers help you?
I could,
but it also lets me buy some time just in case I don't have everything ready for the OT. I really started slacking on the OT once I realized I had more time than I thought and only just finished it about an hour ago.
Either way, the OT's going up 5 PM-ish EST tomorrow, though.

spiritfox

Going back to EOU1 to check some skills, I really miss the arrows in the bottom screen that let you scroll through the levels of the skills and the labels showing what stat the skill is based on. That is one of best best QoL improvements they added. Now all we need is actual numbers.

Going back to EOU1 to check some skills, I really miss the arrows in the bottom screen that let you scroll through the levels of the skills and the labels showing what stat the skill is based on. That is one of best best QoL improvements they added. Now all we need is actual numbers.

Yeah, I can't believe they still won't give us the damn numbers.

Are then any guides with the numbers for Untold 1/2?

Letep

In the demo for EOU2, is it possible to finish mapping the east floor of the dungeon? I got the token, but can't seem to report my results. I can't find anything else to map.

In the demo for EOU2, is it possible to finish mapping the east floor of the dungeon? I got the token, but can't seem to report my results. I can't find anything else to map.
Yeah you can go way further. I've mapped the first three floors.
Be sure to carefully go through the area. Are there any secret entrances? Did you accidentally map a wall where there's a space?
Did you actually walk on all the spaces? That might have triggered it.
Arianna stopped me and said I could turn in the quest when I had mapped enough.

Zweizer

Banned
I thought the Ronin was one of the best ones, myself. What's neat is that her shirt comes off so you can make her more like the EO2 design.

I just am not particularily fond of Ronins ¯\_( &#12484;)_/¯

How are the 3DS remakes?

They're good updates of the original games. If you haven't played the originals yet, it's worth getting them for Classic mode alone.

Story mode is eh (for the first Untold).

Nearing the end of EOIV, really liking it :)

Current party is Nightseeker, Fortress,
Imperial
, Medic, and Runemaster.

I feel pretty OP right now with everyone around lvl 60 (
Just unlocked King's Gate
). All the recent bosses/FOEs I've fought have died in 2-3 turns lol

Kinda want to replace my medic with an arcanist with subclass medic, but I may as well just roll with this party to the end at this point

I just am not particularily fond of Ronins ¯\_( &#12484;)_/¯

They're good updates of the original games. If you haven't played the originals yet, it's worth getting them for Classic mode alone.

Story mode is eh (for the first Untold).

I played EO1 at release but got burned out midway through. I'm inclined to give it another shot though.

omlet

By the way I hope y'all will be putting Highlander girl into your team during yer Classic mode runs.

I'm actually not a big fan of her design... :v Also, Highlander wasn't in the original so that doesn't sound very Classic mode, to me!

Nearing the end of EOIV, really liking it :)

Kinda want to replace my medic with an arcanist with subclass medic, but I may as well just roll with this party to the end at this point

Good work. I'd say you're fine keeping the M/A instead of swapping to A/M. I cleared 100% of the game with the party I started with (Fortress, Nightseeker, Dancer, Medic, Runemaster) so M/A will do fine. Pump your M's LUC stat and she can do decently effective heal/bind circles while your Nightseeker can also sub A for the ailment boosts.

I played EO1 at release but got burned out midway through. I'm inclined to give it another shot though.

There are a whole bunch of great QOL improvements in the remake (and one not so great one). I doubt you will get the same kind of fatigue the original game may have instilled. If you liked the game (EO1) in concept then I'd definitely recommend giving Untold a try (play classic mode).

Top Bottom