• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

Nachos

Anyone mind telling me how legible and/or cramped this looks? I'm trying to squeeze as much information in as small a space as I can, but I wanna know if anything's too compressed.
D21DnJ9.png

helldra can eat its own dick

i am MAD
If it's any consolation, a ton of players are going to go through the same thing in about a week.

omlet

Anyone mind telling me how legible and/or cramped this looks? I'm trying to squeeze as much information in as small a space as I can, but I wanna know if anything's too compressed.
D21DnJ9.png

Doing some kind of FAQ thing for all the classes? If anything I'd say it errs on the side of being too big.

Nachos

Doing some kind of FAQ thing for all the classes? If anything I'd say it errs on the side of being too big.
Nah, just giving myself a bit of a design exercise since it's been a while since I've done something really type-intensive, and dealing with a bunch of stats and math stuff seemed like a good challenge. That's just a small part of a larger image, but it's also the part that's given me the most trouble so far.

It should hopefully look proportional once everything's stitched together, so I'll wait to see if I need to shrink it. Any other issues you noticed?

aww yiss 3rd stratum now.

I freaking love Dark Hunters and Ronins. I be missin' out.
I really enjoyed using my dark hunter when I was playing Untold, too. When I finally unlocked ecstasy
in the fifth stratum because I didn't realize how good it was
, they definitely became one of my favorite classes.

EDIT: On second thought, I think I'm going to restructure my idea so I can just throw a bunch of these at the end of the OT:
YazoVgc.jpg

PK Gaming

Nah, just giving myself a bit of a design exercise since it's been a while since I've done something really type-intensive, and dealing with a bunch of stats and math stuff seemed like a good challenge. That's just a small part of a larger image, but it's also the part that's given me the most trouble so far.

It should hopefully look proportional once everything's stitched together, so I'll wait to see if I need to shrink it. Any other issues you noticed?

I really enjoyed using my dark hunter when I was playing Untold, too. When I finally unlocked ecstasy
in the fifth stratum because I didn't realize how good it was
, they definitely became one of my favorite classes.

EDIT: On second thought, I think I'm going to restructure my idea so I can just throw a bunch of these at the end of the OT:
YazoVgc.jpg

Wow, that's amazing. Are you gonna do that for all of the classes?

spiritfox

That's cool, but I think the comma separating the HP TP values is weird. Also, that's a lot of fluff text if you're gonna put it in an OT. Nobody's gonna read that.

I want to DLC to unlock so I can use Highlander.

I am looking forward to reading a new OT for Untold 2. I for one will actually read it. That blurb about the Highlander was cool. I just can't believe the entire class is DLC. That's crazy. At least it sounds like it will be free at the beginning.

I am looking forward to reading a new OT for Untold 2. I for one will actually read it. That blurb about the Highlander was cool. I just can't believe the entire class is DLC. That's crazy. At least it sounds like it will be free at the beginning.

It's free the first week, so I guess it's fine.

Nachos

Looks good, though I'd prefer one column of text instead of two.

I like that you picked the female version~
I dunno, I think I just have a thing for text columns, and it's easier to make multiple columns look good, as opposed to a huge paragraph block.

Wow, that's amazing. Are you gonna do that for all of the classes?
That's the plan.
kxuOZRP.png

That's cool, but I think the comma separating the HP TP values is weird.
Yeah, the more I look at that part, the less I like it. It was the part I struggled with most, so I'm probably going to rework it once I've got everything else in place.

Also, that's a lot of fluff text if you're gonna put it in an OT. Nobody's gonna read that.
I like it, but this is GAF and no one will read the OT...
I have three OTs under my belt, so I know that at this point it's basically self-indulgence. Still, maybe the pretty pictures will entice people to keep reading. I was going to throw the cards up on my Tumblr when I was done, too, though, just like I did with the Persona Q fusion chart.

Zweizer

Banned
I dunno, I think I just have a thing for text columns, and it's easier to make multiple columns look good, as opposed to a huge paragraph block.

I guess, but I find it more of a chore and confusing to read like this. You could separate it in several paragraphs if lisibility is your concern.

Also, fuck the new name of the Princess class.

They should go the 7th Dragon route and make it a female-only class lol

spiritfox

What wrong with Sovereign? I think it's a good compromise.

Nachos, it's your OT, so feel free to do what you want. I do like the blurbs, I'm just worried you are wasting your time on something not many will appreciate.

Nachos

Nachos, don't hear the haters, do a beautiful as fuck OT.

I'll read it a million times.

Also, fuck the new name of the Princess class.
I mean, you can believe in me as much as you want. That's not going to change the fact that half of GAF can't read. :V

I guess, but I find it more of a chore and confusing to read like this. You could separate it in several paragraphs if lisibility is your concern.
I could, but I think it'd be harder, since I have more horizontal space than I do vertical, and I'd have to add spacing between the paragraphs. I'll try it, though.

Nachos, it's your OT, so feel free to do what you want. I do like the blurbs, I'm just worried you are wasting your time on something not many will appreciate.
It could be worse. At least I'm not giving away ten thousand of them, only for the bulk of GAF to take and never read them.

spiritfox

Chimera down. He wasn't that hard other than a piercing poison move that destroyed my back row. Unfortunately he managed to kill off my Ronin and War Magus so they are forever half a level below their peers. =(

omlet

Let us know when the OT goes up, I'll add the link to this OP.

Also updated the OP with the link to the NA link for EOU2 instead of the JP one (all we had at the time).

...I guess I should get around to ordering my copy.

Lol will this have dual audio? I didn't touch the demo, so I have no idea if Chloe's voice is that bad in-game.

On the 5th Stratum of EOU and got manhandled by those two backstabbers >.<

Top Bottom