• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Your new avatar's too small for me to tell what it is. Sistine Chapel meets Choco Tacos?

Perfectly correct! The Creation of Adam joins Jesus, Moses, and Buddha as religious images/icon avatars I have improved with Choco Tacos. Full Size:

ou1VOlX.png

PK Gaming

Oh yeah, did I ever post this?

I'm thinking
War Magus/Highlander/Beast
Gunner/Troubadour or Sovereign.

I'm glad my geriatric laptop struggles to run Photoshop. I don't want my free time to suddenly disappear.

oh my god

shishou is the greatest, I swear

I just beat the
Gatekeeper
in EO3 and just got the Yggdroid class. I wanna use it but I don't know who to replace. My team feels homely
because I haven't optimised at all oh god it is awful, I feel bad for how shoddy my team is holding together. It's like using a glue stick to build a car instead of a welding torch.

*unless you're from Europe.

:(

Rutger

Banned
I just beat the
Gatekeeper
in EO3 and just got the Yggdroid class. I wanna use it but I don't know who to replace. My team feels homely
because I haven't optimised at all oh god it is awful, I feel bad for how shoddy my team is holding together. It's like using a glue stick to build a car instead of a welding torch.

Looks like you made the wrong choice in many ways.

And don't feel bad about how shoddy your team is, just look at it as if you've unlocked a hidden super hard mode!

Weebos

Banned
I made the right choice. Why wouldn't you want waifu bots?

I went with Yggdroid too, because robots.

I know the other guys are pretty broken though.

I'll have to check my EO3 file and see what my final team was, I forget.

I know I was trying out Yggdroid/Buccaneer.

I wish Atlus would patch EOIV to use the EOU/2 engine so the 3D effect for the labyrinth and battles wouldn't be faked. (yeah I know the character portraits pop out, but that's about it)

The 3D in EOU/2 on N3DS is incredible!

kagamin

So I was bored waiting for EO2U to come so I decided to see where I left off in EO1U, I went back into the labyrinth then my game froze before the battle transition (I was able to mess with the map and such but otherwise I couldn't move) when I got boxed in by some FOEs and I wasn't able to turn my 3DS on again for 15 minutes, fun times.

spiritfox

I don't have it, but the game gives a one time freebie (the FOE that drops the mat I mean) everytime you hit a new stratum. It's fine, only lasts for one trip though.

omlet

After making a few classic mode characters and being unable to decide which five to use, I just ditched that and started on Expert Story mode. Let's do this.

Weebos

Banned
Downloaded the game, I went with the team I mentioned earlier: War Magus, Beast, Highlander, Gunner, Sovereign.

I was happy to see they included the EO3 palette swaps for the Sovereign.

Having fun so far, these second floor dinos are throwing me for a loop though.

I also looked up my EO3 team, it was Yyggdroid/Buccaneer, Arbalist/Gladiator, Monk/Prince, Hoplite/Ninja, Zodiac/Ninja.

There wasn't a lot of synergy there, mostly just a bunch of units that are good on their own. Arbalist/Gladiator was like a proto-Imperial, it was fun. The Hoplite/Ninja shenanigans were great.

I remember grinding a ton, especially on that Penguin glitch.

omlet

I was happy to see they included the EO3 palette swaps for the Sovereign.

I was, too! The last one is my favorite. ...but then I went story mode... I'm so conflicted.

When I classic mode NG+ I'm going to make another princess just so I can use that sprite.

The other extra sprites for the other classes were a nice addition, too. I'll probably use the dark hunter one in classic mode.

Weebos

Banned
I didn't expect the beast to have so many Protector/Fortress like skills. Thought it would be more of a bulky damager.

Also going Up instead of Down is already messing with my head.

omlet

Think i'd be too burned out on first person dungeon crawling jumping into EOIV right after Persona Q?

Depends.

Did you play PQ because you like Persona? If so, then probably yes.

Did you play PQ because you wanted an EO-like experience to fill the EO-shaped hole in your heart? If so, then probably no.

I liked PQ but I think EOIV is the better game between the two, if that helps you decide.

Teknoman

Well, EO4 is a million times better than PQ so that should help a bit.

Depends.

Did you play PQ because you like Persona? If so, then probably yes.

Did you play PQ because you wanted an EO-like experience to fill the EO-shaped hole in your heart? If so, then probably no.

I liked PQ but I think EOIV is the better game between the two, if that helps you decide.

Played PQ because I like Persona.

But...I really like Etrian, its what got me started in the first person dungeon crawler genre...and I've never finished one.

Anteo

I just beat the
Gatekeeper

:(

Man, the only bad part about that route is the class unlock. The story and motivations of the party are much much better
Lets fight this thing that feeds on fear without everyone noticing vs lets tell everyone and cause mass hysteria because reasons
, I guess they needed to balance the shitty pah of Amroad by giving them the best class

Edit:

I guess if you meet the final boss from the Drowned city, the motivations of the Amroad route kind of make sense... in a twisted way...

Rutger

Banned
Man, the only bad part about that route is the class unlock. The story and motivations of the party are much much better
Lets fight this thing that feeds on fear without everyone noticing vs lets tell everyone and cause mass hysteria because reasons
, I guess they needed to balance the shitty pah of Amroad by giving them the best class

Edit:

I guess if you meet the final boss from the Drowned city, the motivations of the Amroad route kind of make sense... in a twisted way...

Hm, should we side with the guy that gladly killed many innocent adventurers, and just barely failed to kill us?

Or should we side with the people that will give us that cool Shogun class and go end that Cthulhu problem?

Nah, the guy that no doubt wishes we were nothing but a corpse in the second stratum seems more trustworthy!

The Deep City path sucks, haha. At least the game gave us a choice though, EOI would have been better if it didn't decide that our party
had no problems with agreeing to kill all the forest folk
when we reached the fourth stratum.

omlet

The Deep City path sucks, haha. At least the game gave us a choice though, EOI would have been better if it didn't decide that our party
had no problems with agreeing to kill all the forest folk
when we reached the fourth stratum.

If you had a problem with it, you would have stopped playing the game!

Rutger

Banned
If you had a problem with it, you would have stopped playing the game!
I may not be the biggest fan of EOI/EOU, but I'm not going to stop playing a decent dungeon crawler just because I don't care for something in the nearly nonexistent story, haha.

Did you guys do the
True Ending
in EO3? I don't hear that talked about much I guess.

99% of EOGAF is trash and they haven't even finished ANY of the endings of EO3.

Anyways, of course I got the True Ending, it feels so amazing after doing the other two endings in which
you feel like an asshole, and you actually get a reason to go kick the ass of the Abyssal God which is the best post-game boss ever.

kagamin

99% of EOGAF is trash and they haven't even finished ANY of the endings of EO3.

Anyways, of course I got the True Ending, it feels so amazing after doing the other two endings in which
you feel like an asshole, and you actually get a reason to go kick the ass of the Abyssal God which is the best post-game boss ever.

I love Calling that Detestable Name tbh.

Top Bottom