• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

Didn't you link in EO4? IIRC you loved the landshark and they are born for linking.

Linking is not rocket science, damn guys.
Yes I love Landsharks, but not for linking. My Landsharks have a habit of turning into secondary tanks or just bruteforce powerhouses with no actual strategy involved.

I play these games with the strat of slamming my head repeatedly against the brick wall until it submits.

Yes I love Landsharks, but not for linking. My Landsharks have a habit of turning into secondary tanks or just bruteforce powerhouses with no actual strategy involved.

I play these games with the strat of slamming my head repeatedly against the brick walls until it submits.

You're death to me.

I assume L/B was pretty good without links, but with links they are monsters.

Highlander girl is the best. She looks like a sheep/ram so I'm calling her Rammy :3

EO2U is already confirmed the best because Gunner and Highlander girls <3

7 months... ;-;

atlusprime

Atlus PR
It took me a long time of recycling Grimoire Stones, but RNGesus blessed me with a Rank 8 Natural Instinct Grimoire (improves Take/Chop/Mine). There's some other good stuff too, but that Healing Rhythm is from the Staff book, IIRC.

EtC8v14.png

(plz forgive my story mode peasantry)

Nachos

It took me a long time of recycling Grimoire Stones, but RNGesus blessed me with a Rank 8 Natural Instinct Grimoire (improves Take/Chop/Mine). There's some other good stuff too, but that Healing Rhythm is from the Staff book, IIRC.

(plz forgive my story mode peasantry)
Is Fire God a boss skill?

Hi, so I wanted to check out Etrian Odyssey, and this seems like the best place to ask: which game should I start with? Sorry if this gets asked all the time lol, but I'm thinking about picking up EOU2 tomorrow. Is that fine to begin with?

Shiina

Hi, so I wanted to check out Etrian Odyssey, and this seems like the best place to ask: which game should I start with? Sorry if this gets asked all the time lol, but I'm thinking about picking up EOU2 tomorrow. Is that fine to begin with?

You should start with 4 and get a feel for the series so when you start playing the Untold games you don't do anything silly like playing the story mode.

Nachos

Any of the 3DS games are fine. Any preferences for story or customization or anything?

omlet

Start with 4 or Untold 1 (Classic mode). Even though the games' stories aren't strongly connected, you should definitely play Untold 1 classic mode early, like first or second, because that game's story and setting kind of set the stage for the whole series.

And read the OP. :3

Weebos

Banned

I think 4 is a great place to start. That is where I started, from there I went to 3 (excellent and unique game) and then the Untolds.

I think starting with an Untold would also be fine, but 4 feels like an ideal way to be introduced to the series. The Untolds vary a bit from the core franchise with their Story Modes and Grimoire stones. Having a base in 4 could help you get your footing in EO5.

kagamin

Everyone discussing strats, my best strat is just spamming posion throw while debuffing, then attacking in unison with every single nightseeker in my party.

Untold 1 is half off on the eShop right now, so I think I'll pick that up and play its classic mode, since everyone seems so insistent against story mode haha. Thanks for the responses.

Zweizer

Banned
Untold 1 is half off on the eShop right now, so I think I'll pick that up and play its classic mode, since everyone seems so insistent against story mode haha. Thanks for the responses.

Gotta start from the beginnings~

Try to play it in Expert if you feel that you're up to the challenge.

omlet

I farmed Warped Savior for a bit with a double Nightseeker party. One subbed Bushi and one subbed Arcanist.

I was actually slightly disappointed in the damage output. I mean, it was good, but it wasn't as disgusting as you might think. I ended up going back to the NS+Dancer setup for the powerful attack buff and trick procs. I think it ends up being more damage than dual NS, plus the extra healing/utility is nice if you need it.

At the very least, I know the one time my Nightseeker did a 45,000 damage turn on Warped Savior it was thanks largely to my Dancer's buffs stacking on top of Foul Mastery. I was never able to really hit that level of ridiculous with the double NS team.

tuffy

I had success running multiple Nightseeker/Imperials in the front row. Once one would land a status effect they'd all let loose with the appropriate big elemental drive. Pretty much everything in the game would just evaporate. The trouble is that it sometimes took an annoyingly long time to get that status effect to land against endgame bosses.

fates

Looking forward to going through Etrian 2 again (doing classic mode). Have a looooot of good memories with this one.

And am reminded of how let down I was by the War Magus class ._.

kagamin

I like it, are they all front row too?

I ran two imperials in EO4 and the obvious 5 Farmer backup squad in EO3.

I should double up on units more often.

Yep, I originally had only one, but I just changed my party dramatically after I spent way too much time in snowy land.

Zweizer

Banned
I wonder who actually beat EO3 'round here...

And also who played through the series the proper way, meaning by order of release starting from the first EO.

Rutger

Banned
I started playing EOU again recently, hoping to finish the postgame before getting EOU2.

I'm at the Yggdrasil Core, but I don't know if my hastily thrown together team R, P, M, S, T from the start of the game can handle it on Expert, at least not without over relying on the item duplication bug for Amrita II's.
Maybe on standard...

And also who played through the series the proper way, meaning by order of release starting from the first EO.

I finished EOIII, it's the only one I've completed the guild card 100%.

I did not play in release order. I played starting with EOIII, then EOII, then EOIV, and then EOU. I don't own the original EOI.

kagamin

I've only played and beaten EO2, in EO4 I'm just sitting in front of
Heavenbringer
twidling my thumbs now (I.E. I feel like playing EO2U now I guess).

Weebos

Banned

I beat EO3, but I haven't done the post game stuff in any EO, mainly because time.

EO3 is awesome, I want them to make an untold just so I have an excuse to play it again.

Also because they might throw Imperials in as the bonus class and Imperials with EO3 classes is like the perfect game.

omlet

Thanks for the updated banners, Dandy!

Updated OP with banners and new OT link.

As for my copy of U2... I'll be going by Gamestop near my house tomorrow after work~ or maybe during lunch break since I will be running another errand at that time.

Top Bottom