• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

Eh... I got EOU2 even though I said I wouldn't. I'm liking it more than EOU so far. I started the story mode so I could carry over the protagonist's class into classic, but am considering just forgoing that and rolling my own party anyway. The main issue is that I want my War Mage and my Princess up front, but I can't really put Fafnir and Protector in the back. Actually, yes I can... I should probably look to get Protector a range weapon skill book.

spiritfox

Eh... I got this even though I said I wouldn't. I'm liking it more than EOU so far. I started the story mode so I could carry over the protagonist's class into classic, but am considering just forgoing that and rolling my own party anyway. The main issue is that I want my War Mage and my Princess up front, but I can't really put Fafnir and Protector in the back. Actually, yes I can... I should probably look to get Protector a range weapon skill book.

Apparently Link Order does full dmg in the back, so shove Arianna into the rear and let her do her work there.

Finally got home and made my party:

P/Hi/S
G/H

for now, let's see how it goes. Expert btw.

Has anyone gotten the EXP/money DLC, is it worth it?

The money DLC will make advertising etc redundant because you get a lot of cash that scales with each labyrinth you unlock so decide.

The EXP one is obv good for levelling up quicker but it is your call.

If you had to pick 1, id say get the money one.

Apparently Link Order does full dmg in the back, so shove Arianna into the rear and let her do her work there.

Sounds like a good idea, though it might be awhile before I get to that tree. I was picking up the dispel-related spells first, which for all I know might not even be as useful as they were in EO3. Also wanted her in a row of three so that she could share more TP.

Zweizer

Banned
EOI would have been better if it didn't decide that our party
had no problems with agreeing to kill all the forest folk
when we reached the fourth stratum.

I kinda liked this part personally. It's when the game begins to feel different than what you initially expect to be a generic dungeon crawler.

Anteo

Did you guys do the
True Ending
in EO3? I don't hear that talked about much I guess.

I thought it was alright. I love how the game gives you hints in each route so you can piece together everything when you finish all 3 paths

Pfft, I got waifu robots. Actually I'm using a husbando robot because the male Yggdroids are actually really cool looking. I've only just entered the 4th stratum because I was grinding my droid up a bit.

I'm probably gonna get all the endings. I can imagine it is faster to get the other 2 anyway because you can steamroller majority of the game.

Rutger

Banned
Did you guys do the
True Ending
in EO3? I don't hear that talked about much I guess.

Yes. It was a good excuse to go through the best EO soundtrack for a third time, no way I'd pass that up.

I didn't bring it up though because we still have to choose a side before we can set everything up for the true end.

omlet

Is there any way to fight the Robot Lions in EOIV fourth dungeon without getting fucked by multiple FOEs?

Have high DPT and kill them quickly so you can get out of the room and avoid the pursuit. If your team is heavy on ailment or physical you'll probably want to come back once you're overleveled for the area.

tuffy

Is there any way to fight the Robot Lions in EOIV fourth dungeon without getting fucked by multiple FOEs?
Kill them quickly.

Fortunately, there's doors provided that they can't go through, so it's possible to avoid fighting them entirely if necessary. Just lure them from their posts and take a "shortcut" to get past them.

Rutger

Banned
That's not EO2.
Well, opinions and all that.

Cherry Tree Bridge and Heaven's Rock Seat are some of my favorite themes in the series, but I personally feel EOII's soundtrack is held back by a pretty weak first half of the game. Meanwhile I find EOIII to be solid from beginning to end.
Fuck yes EO3 OST is so good, I personally love Their Own Brand of Justice sooo much.

I love all the boss themes in EOIII. I'm a little sad that style isn't used more often for bosses in the series, but I guess it helps make EOIII stand out all the more.

The song I love the most from EOIII though is easily the sixth stratum theme. It builds the perfect atmosphere, and it's probably my favorite song in the series.

The only bad thing I can say about EOIII's soundtrack is that there isn't a unique battle theme for the postgame, but that's such a small complaint when everything else is so good.

Rutger

Banned
I really like Woodland Ruins and The First Campaign, IMO the best low strata themes in the series. III was really hampered due to the second battle theme lasting 4 strata, which grated on me. But it's just my own opinion. The series in general never really had bad music.

No first stratum theme has been able to match EOIII's imo, but they all do their job well enough.

I kind of felt the end of EOII's first battle theme didn't work that well personally, though I like what was done with it in the remake. EOIV has my favorite standard battle themes overall. EOIII is close behind but it really needs a postgame battle theme, it makes up for it with all those great boss themes, but hopefully it'll be fixed if it ever gets a remake.

But yeah, EO has a ton of good music, it's a big part of why I love the series.

fates

IMO 3 had the best stratum boss battle theme. That intro was godlike.

When I got to the first boss in EMD I was all :O!!!!!!!

I just started EOU2, and I'm liking it a lot so far! I'm mostly a lurker on Neogaf, but this thread is awesome, so I thought I'd introduce myself and subscribe while I'm at it :)

Does anybody have an opinion on which of the super arrange albums are the best?
I'm looking at grabbing the EO2U OST and want to add something else into the order, so EO2 SA OST is probably redundant.

Zweizer

Banned
Does anybody have an opinion on which of the super arrange albums are the best?
I'm looking at grabbing the EO2U OST and want to add something else into the order, so EO2 SA OST is probably redundant.

I rather like EO3's Super Arrange album, if only for its absolutely gorgeous version of Chalky Woods.

PK Gaming

ughughughu I wish I could afford Untold 2, but I can't.

I can't experience it along with the rest of you :(

Oh well, at least I have III to finish, and I could always replay IV.

ughughughu I wish I could afford Untold 2, but I can't.

I can't experience it along with the rest of you :(

Oh well, at least I have III to finish, and I could always replay IV.

You can always get it later... You won't get free DLC, but this game should go down in price, if the other games are any indication.

Kirlia

Banned
Defeated Scylla on my first attempt. Mideraba is amazing at max level.

Is there a Midareba equivalent in Untold 2, or has it been removed entirely?

Really enjoying the game so far. Doing Classic/Standard (because I am a filthy casual) with a team of Ronin/Protector/Hexer/Alchemist/War Magus. They make up the "Rad Dames" Guild, and all of them are, indeed, dames. War Magus is PRETTY amazing, but all five classes are definitely pulling their weight so far. They beat Chimaera pretty handily, although I know the other bosses get a lot tougher.

Anyone who is running a Ronin: what's your current set-up? Which one seems better: Perfect Chaser or Peerless Stance/Peerless Combo? Also, how effective is Sentinel Guard on a Protector? Worth it, or too much TP?

spiritfox

Swallow Strike is the same skill, though it does not hit as hard I think. I ran a Ronin till lvl 30 focusing on Swallow Strike, and it was pretty good at killing shit. Replaced her for Highlander though.

Kirlia

Banned
Swallow Strike is the same skill, though it does not hit as hard I think. I ran a Ronin till lvl 30 focusing on Swallow Strike, and it was pretty good at killing shit. Replaced her for Highlander though.

THOUGHT so about Swallow Strike. Not surprised if it was nerfed slightly! Even now, though, it IS extremely effective at depleting health.

I wonder if we'll be getting some info on EOV at TGS this year? I'm secretly okay with that being on the back-burner for a reveal of EO3U.

I never got to start EOIII when it originally came out, but I listen to the soundtrack constantly.

Any hints for what we'll be seeing next month?

Top Bottom