• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold sold less than 13,000 copies at retail in the US during August. That's the lowest I've seen, and quite shocking, even if you take "franchise fatigue" and "another remake" into account.
For me the closer the release date came the less and less I wanted it. Had recently got done with Mystery dungeon so I already had my EO fix then I'm honestly still waiting for EOV plus a bunch of games came out I wanted more.

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold is fantastic, but we really need EOV already as even I am feeling fatigued, I really hope that one sells much better and that Atlus goes all out when it comes to production values and making it super interesting(I want them to go crazy with the classes).

Mozendo

How can you say that when you know the EO3 remake will be the best EO title of all time
Dancer FeMC
Best music
Great graphics
and incredibly likable characters

Nemaides

Just reached Torrential Ravine, and oh shit, it's another menacing but grating tune for the dungeon. Sigh.

Yeah, I was already sick of it by the time I beat the dungeon. They did some questionable choices for the dungeons' music in this game. I'm loving the 7th dungeon theme though, at least for now.

spiritfox

svqrH0K.jpg

Even in a dead thread, FOE!

PK Gaming

We are definitely, definitely going to get EOV at some point. We just need to be patient and believe.

Holy shit the postgame boss in EO3 is awesome. Design, music, atmosphere... It's so good. Aaaaaaaaand my squad is nowhere near strong enough to take it on.

spiritfox

So I got distracted by other stuff, but I finally got back to EOU and killed Fenrir. I was trying on Expert but got a bit annoyed by all the wolves, so I decided to drop it down to normal. Now I'm wondering if I should have just tried Expert again. Oh well. He's dead.

Also, I can't get over how stupid Fenrir looks now.

spiritfox

Yeah, on hand, at least he doesn't share a recolor with a regular enemy now, but on the other, demon pinecone wolf.

Yeah I mean it not like they cannot make cool looking wolves. I wonder how the hell he even manages to survive with his oversized fangs preventing him from closing his mouth, and his hugeass head giving him balance issues. I would have rather they reused the sprite style.

kagamin

Yeah I mean it not like they cannot make cool looking wolves. I wonder how the hell he even manages to survive with his oversized fangs preventing him from closing his mouth, and his hugeass head giving him balance issues. I would have rather they reused the sprite style.

Yea, Chimaera looks way cooler.

Zweizer

Banned
Just beat the final boss of EMD. My gripes with the AI aside, it was a fun game overall.
Now, onto the real meat of the game, that is, the postgame!

Just beat the final boss of EMD. My gripes with the AI aside, it was a fun game overall.
Now, onto the real meat of the game, that is, the postgame!

I hope you like rooms of enemies all capable of spamming room wide elemental attacks with no adequate countermeasure.
I gave up on the final postgame dungeon . _.

Rutger

Banned
So... do you think we'll hear a peep about EOV the rest of the year?

=(

I hope so, It'll have been a year since it's announcement later next month. D:

Despite all the game announcements since then, it's still the one I'm looking forward to the most.

Zweizer confirmed terrible tank, didn't protect the party.
Mauricio confirmed terrible Dancer didn't dance hard enough.

Me confirmed awesome Landshark either way.

Zweizer confirmed terrible tank, didn't protect the party.
Mauricio confirmed terrible Dancer didn't dance hard enough.

Me confirmed awesome Landshark either way.

Having a terrible leader like you doesn't inspire me to dance "hard enough".

If you're being serious, what are you even doing?

Having a terrible leader like you doesn't inspire me to dance "hard enough".

If you're being serious, what are you even doing?
I am the best leader, that's why all my skill points are in HP Up and ATK Up. They can't beat me if I hit them hard enough!

Of course I'm not serious! Except the part about Landshark stats, I totally used to do that.

I am the best leader, that's why all my skill points are in HP Up and ATK Up. They can't beat me if I hit them hard enough!

Of course I'm not serious! Except the part about Landshark stats, I totally used to do that.

EO4 DOESN'T EVEN HAVE HP UP AND ATK UP YOU LIAR!

Landsharks suck.

You're my senpai, blame yourself for me misremembering that.

Think a Landshark will be my next avatar to combat this Landshark bullying.

Landsknechts are cool with me.

I still have yet to try EO2 Untold in Classic mode though, I probably should get around to it... I'm just not that into RPGs anymore.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I always make and use a Landshark, even in games where they are secondary or tertiary frontline units like the original EO2.

Top Bottom