• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan |OT|: Fight & Heal Brings 3D To Europe!

QR Code stuff.
◾Shinjuku Map
◾Yggdroid Doll
◾Yggdrasil Score
◾Instant Curry

Yeah, I think it's probably just for fun, but only to sell. They don't even have graphics. I think I put my Yggdroid Doll in storage though. I wish they gave you some good gear with QR codes, but it's all basically junk.

I remember at the beginning I was using a Juncto Hammer from QR on my Fortress. Then I realized why my damage was so bad.

I remember at the beginning I was using a Juncto Hammer from QR on my Fortress. Then I realized why my damage was so bad.

The good kind of bad? xD

Loading times and save times seem to be insane playing on a Class 4 SanDisk. Almost everything is done within 1-2 seconds. How does that compare to the retail card?

KarmaCow

The Healing Wand was invaluable in the early part of the game for me but yea most of the gear becomes obsolete almost immediately. Which is probably good all things considered.

scy

yes Etrian Odyssey IV, I feel sooooooo overwhelmed with an uncanny sensation!!!

"You are suddenly overwhelmed with an uncanny sensation!"

"hey ohlawd wanna tell me what you're feeling?"
"why jolly good fellow, I'm feeling overwhelmed with an uncanny sensation. Thank you for asking!"

I'm going crazy.

Super late response but it's worth noting that the game shows you the correct path.

If you're curious:
The poison tiles in the prior room should mark out the proper path in the darkness rooms

The Healing Wand was invaluable in the early part of the game for me but yea most of the gear becomes obsolete almost immediately. Which is probably good all things considered.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect (nor want, honestly) for the QR Equipment to actually be game changing stuff.

ohlawd

Super late response but it's worth noting that the game shows you the correct path.

If you're curious:
The poison tiles in the prior room should mark out the proper path in the darkness rooms

I solved it just now lol.

never would have realized it if I didn't full screen my map and compare both sides.

I'm trying to create a monster follow-up attack machine with a Dancer. The best sub for this should be Nightseeker, yeah? If you get the multi-attack skill with the dancer, and combine with trick samba, you should be able to get twice as many attempts at follow-ups with the NS's dual wield, no?

I imagine the chance to proc drops off relatively signifcantly, but that seems like a plausible thing to me.

Or is this not terribly effective and I should focus on something else with the Dancer?

Where do I find Raht, from the Where's my brother quest?
If I recall correctly... the description of the quest gives you a hint here, that he was in an area to the east of an area with two beasts.

So, start your search in
B2
of the Windy Plains - he should be in one of those squares.

Anteo

5th Maze quest:

Sand Leviathan Down!
The first time I got him to almost 0 but he hit me with a spell and I didn't have the buffs there to reduce the damage so I got wiped, I only needed one more spell and he was down. I even got poison. blind, paralize and arm bind at different points in the match! It was so close.
Second time I got him really easy, got bind and posion, but extended the poison to 6-7 turns and my Nightseeker just destroyed him. It was a fun fight.

Edit:

No-medic party is very tough. I always run short of nectar.
In the 5th, sleeping lion(don't know English name exactly) and some shinny monsters appeared.
Arcanits, Snare circle > Sniper, Chase bind > WAKES UP!
In EO, death makes me laugh. Really funny Indeed.

Just got to this part, yeah the name is
Sleeping Lion
. What does he do? I can kill him before he attacks so I don't even know what he does.

Anteo

And I just got caugh between a really strong poison based FOE and a random battle with monsters that summons more monsters, that was horrible. I didn't even win the battle, I ran with just my fortress alive in red HP.

UberTag

Even more QR code stuff that Volcynika can update into the OP...

Cramped Nest Hunt quest - from Atlus' Twitter feed

The following equipment/loot goodies can be found in this pic.

- Armoroad Cheese - from Atlus Online Newsletter
- Etrian Coin - from Atlus Online Newsletter
- Goddess Torch - Guild Picture Contest
- High Laagard Gem - from Atlus Online Newsletter
- Sarcophagus - Guild Picture Contest

I've also been scavenging treasure maps from the various guild QR codes circulating around. You can amass quite a lot of booty from those as well.
Here's a Dropbox archive where most of them can be pillaged.

Sleepy

Just got the ability to gain altitude in the airship--finding the element was a bitch...and
dragon!
. Awesome wipeout animation. It's so difficult to take it slow as each new area has so much cool (and deadly) shit that I am just dying to see. Death is definitely a constant in this game.

Anteo

I beat it!

One night has passed since the battle against the titan....
It was a long fight that depleted the TP of almost all my party. The boss was surprisingly weak to ailments. And the ending sequence could totally be the start of the next game with everyone welcoming a new group of explorers. Now onto the post game content.

ohlawd

I beat it!

One night has passed since the battle against the titan....
It was a long fight that depleted the TP of almost all my party. The boss was surprisingly weak to ailments. And the ending sequence could totally be the start of the next game with everyone welcoming a new group of explorers. Now onto the post game content.

aww yeah congrats.

Have fun.

Anteo

aww yeah congrats.

Have fun.

Anndddd...

Dear god there are red FOEs enconuters in this area, I didn't had any red encounter in the 5th area =/. Why didn't we lure this fuckers into the titan?

Also new battle music? Awes.... Dear god why?

Edit:
Just got to my first event in this new area.
Creepiest Etrian maze ever? Creepiest Etrian zone ever.
I'm done with this shit for tonight. Dear god.

jineha

Neo Member
I like airship and mini caves. But I miss huge mazes in previous three.
If 5 comes, I want both of them. Like Zelda Spirit Track, one big maze and adventure around the world would be nice.

vall03

Woah, B2F of the 6th dungeon is kinda cool! Also, Im starting to get a lot of ideas with the story when I read
Yggdrasil Project

Ferrio

Banned
Beat the first dungeon. Two of my guys went down at the final round though.

Also I can't find the key to the gold chest on the 3F.... any hints?

Anteo

Yeah, beat the game first. (For real, I just beat the game and I got a shinny key to try in things, though I think this one won't work on chests)

ohlawd

let's just say you don't have to worry about those gold chests for a very long time.

but make a note of them on your map.

vall03

Yeah, beat the game first. (For real, I just beat the game and I got a shinny key to try in things, though I think this one won't work on chests)

Wait, I've been wondering about this but I still haven't gotten this key. Where can I get this key? I did get a different key for a postgame sidequest though.

A splashed-forged Mist Dancer is so crazy.

Now Im craving even more to get the Dragonbane. But I need to kill those dragons again several times over. *sigh*

Totakeke

Took down Fire Dragon, one of my Nightseekers kept dying every turn and was pretty useless :(.

Lightning Dragon was pretty overpowered though, it pretty much crashed my 3DS :|.

Anteo

Wait, I've been wondering about this but I still haven't gotten this key. Where can I get this key? I did get a different key for a postgame sidequest though.

Now Im craving even more to get the Dragonbane. But I need to kill those dragons again several times over. *sigh*

Somehow I can open the chests now, so I think is the key that let's you go to the post game maze.

vall03

Somehow I can open the chests now, so I think is the key that let's you go to the post game maze.

Oh! Never thought about that, iirc the Count just mentioned to use it on the locked room in the Golden Deer Keep. Still trudging through the 6th dungeon anyway, will finally check all those locked chests.

JoeFu

Banned
I retired dudes at level 30 for fun... leveling back up isn't fun. Finally strong enough again to take on rare sheep so it's speeding the process up. 50k exp for killing them :D

Just got and started the game.

I tried L/F/D + N/R

It was working alright, but I wasn't too impressed. Granted I haven't broken level 10. But the Landsnekcht seems really boring and his damage did not impress me.

I'm trying an alternate party of N/N/F + M/R

I might end up looking at builds online.

Map making is fun.

What level should I be to easily take down the FOE's at the first tutorial dungeon?

spiritfox

Ah I forgot Swords Dance doesn't proc with splash or pierce. Well that sucks.

I tried L/F/D + N/R

It was working alright, but I wasn't too impressed. Granted I haven't broken level 10. But the Landsnekcht seems really boring and his damage did not impress me.

Map making is fun.

What level should I be to easily take down the FOE's at the first tutorial dungeon?

Landsharks don't really become good until higher levels, but he gets really good later, either with links or with his multihit skills.

Anteo

I tried L/F/D + N/R

Map making is fun.

Around level 10 I think, bur largely depends on what skills you have. The game mentions that FOEs are have colored auras on the map, red for "run", orange/yellow for "try it with strategy" and blue for "do it". However I've been wiped by FOEs that are marked blue in the past so.....

Ah I forgot Swords Dance doesn't proc with splash or pierce. Well that sucks.

Landsharks don't really become good until higher levels, but he gets really good later, either with links or with his multihit skills.

:lol. The same could be said about Nightseekers, their damage is okish early, and die too fast in the front row. But later, man my Nightseeker was the star of the party, with my Landsknecht as his support.

Also, the activity log says 66 hours, so I beat it around 64-65.

Around level 10 I think, bur largely depends on what skills you have. The game mentions that FOEs are have colored auras on the map, red for "run", orange/yellow for "try it with strategy" and blue for "do it". However I've been wiped by FOEs that are marked blue in the past so.....

I tried taking on one with a yellow aura, and didn't make it very far.

I also have no idea how many points to invest in any skills. How do I get detailed information on what a skill point will do? Right now I'm getting things like "Next level: +ATK!" which isn't particularly helpful.

My Runemaster for example, do I put all her points into one element? Or is 5 in each good? Or do I split it between 2?

zashga

Mmm, made it to the 5th Stratum. They've spoiled me with the bonus "level a new character to X instantly" items. I'm rolling with all three of the unlocked classes at this point. Probably not an ideal composition, but hey.

Anteo

I also have no idea how many points to invest in any skills. How do I get detailed information on what a skill point will do? Right now I'm getting things like "Next level: +ATK!" which isn't particularly helpful.

My Runemaster for example, do I put all her points into one element? Or is 5 in each good? Or do I split it between 2?

Yep, that's EO for you. I've been wiped by regular encounters =/

Yeah you never get more explanations in game about the skills. I remember someone posted a skill calculator that had some values for the spells, but it was incomplete as it requred manual testing.

Also about your runemaster, what I did is make her a jack of all trades, getting a point in each spell AFTER maxing out TP up. Why? as you see, in battle you can check the resistance and weaknesses of monsters by pressing R (you have to either defeat them or use the analyze burst on them first). Enemies have weaknesses to certain types of attacks/elements, so I belive is pretty usefull to have every element among your party at first. Now, doing this limits her damage output a lot, but if you have other classes that can hit elemental damage too, you can go for only one element.

Mmm, made it to the 5th Stratum. They've spoiled me with the bonus "level a new character to X instantly" items. I'm rolling with all three of the unlocked classes at this point. Probably not an ideal composition, but hey.

Idk how you guys can get rid of your party members so easily. I got attached to them ;_;

spiritfox

Generally if you decide to use a skill, level it to half or max, cause you get an additional bump at those levels. There's a skill calc, but I can't remember the link to it right now.

It is generally recommended that Runemasters focus on a single element, to maximise their attack. You can force elemental weaknesses with the 1st level runes, and you don't have to spread your points across all 3 elements. I recommend electric, cause many enemies are weak to electric in the 1st area, and Galvanic Rune is a major damage dealer and great for proccing links/chases.

jineha

Neo Member
To invest in skills, just1, till unlock next skill, hafl or max.
There are a few example, I'm sorry I don't know exactly spell.

land vanguard
Lv 1 2 3 4 5 6
dam 110% 118% 125% 130% 135% 140%

Generally, first one point is most effective. Maybe because you can invest in skills till half as subclass, skills grow slowly in the latter half. I use two to unlock the veteran skill.

link plus
Lv 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
TP 7 8 9 10 9 8 7 10
link 3 4 5 6 6 6 6 7
About link plus, 5~7 points only reduce TP so 4 or 8 is the way to invest.

To explain a complex thing is difficult for me because I hardly never use English in my dailylife.
I hope this will help.

Okay, I need help.

Either I've completely mismapped the second floor of the Misty Ravine, or I'm just totally stuck. I beat the FOE with the creepy eyes, and I can'f find a way to either a new path or the way down.

Anyone have a map, or can give me an idea of where to look?

Edit:

Fuck my life. I missed an opening. I'm okay now!

I think I just beat the boss on the first maze. Even on Casual mode it gave me a hood fight, though I have never gotten knocked down. Knock on wood...

Now onwards to the tablet...

(This game loads very fast for a 3DS game. How does it load on retail?)

(I see a nice helping of asymmetric damage.)

spiritfox

Final. Boss. Cleared.

I was a bit worried because of the 2 arms, and I was running a chase team, which works best without extra targets to absorb Squall Volley and Galvanic Rune. But they went down pretty fast... until they regenerated. Ran out of TP trying to keep those idiots down, and took way too long to cut down the last quarter of health. The Bowl Burst was lifesaving though.

Story wise, I was actually expecting a huge twist in the end, as per EO tradition. Maybe it will come post-game, but the story was not exactly wow-inducing. Haha... Maybe I had too high hopes. Well, I don't really play EO for the story anyhow. It's still the most story in an EO game though.

My final party:

L/R F/D D/N
S/B R/A

Chasing is fun! Never did a chase party before (thought it was too troublesome), but when set up, it can clear things fast. I still prefer a more traditional team though, with some heavy hitters and others just supporting. I might run an Imperial or a Bushi for post-game.

edit: So... the 6th maze... I don't think I can continue playing this with earphones on at night... squish...

vall03

The pumpkins were color blue FOEs they said, they're weak they said...

Ok, the 6th dungeon is serious business. Thought I can take down at least one but in the end I couldn't. Was lucky that the RNG gods allowed me to escape with one party member alive. Im not fighting those things until my Imperial can 1HKO one of them. Looks like Im stuck for now... *sigh*

Top Bottom