• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan |OT|: Fight & Heal Brings 3D To Europe!

omlet

My current Team is(everyone is level 77 atm):
L/B D/N
N/A R/I A/M

Everything is going well so far.
Edit: Fuck Petrify

I assume you move your N to front row for bosses?

Fucking all party petrify by 5 enemies on the same turn, not even a anti petrify charm helps. Poor medic is gone before he can help anyone =/

Those charms do help a lot, actually... They don't prevent it but they sure do a lot to reduce the chance. I kept one on my medic and she almost never got petrified when others did (also had status ailment resist skill maxed). As hoggery said use Fortress' status prevention skill or a waltz (I did waltz for front row, accessories for back row). Only had maybe 2 game overs due to petrify, that's pretty tame, all in all (but there were still plenty of battles that got ugly and cost me a lot of TP or items because of petrify).

Anteo

I assume you move your N to front row for bosses?

Those charms do help a lot, actually... They don't prevent it but they sure do a lot to reduce the chance. I kept one on my medic and she almost never got petrified when others did (also had status ailment resist skill maxed). As hoggery said use Fortress' status prevention skill or a waltz (I did waltz for front row, accessories for back row). Only had maybe 2 game overs due to petrify, that's pretty tame, all in all (but there were still plenty of battles that got ugly and cost me a lot of TP or items because of petrify).

Well that's not the case for me, the charm help not getting hit once or twice, but when the enemy can try 5 times on the same turn and can outspeed all your characters...

hoggert

Kill the blooms as fast as possible, one at a time. Once one of them takes any damage, their petrify and "Petals" attack will target your entire party and do a shit ton of damage. Any damage includes the hit from the Hollow mages that buffs their physical attack (jesus, Atlus.)

I would come back after killing the dragons and hidden bosses a bit, but there's also the option of eating some Petrify resist food. Try the vegetable points throughout the 4th land! B2F is quite the hurdle, but once you unlock the short cut to B3F, it's much less frustrating.

It only took me around a year to finish this. I'll eventually go back and get all the items, but for now I'm DONE.

SQ4_GCARDP1.png

The final maze was awesome, I really enjoyed it. I was expecting an epic final battle with the Fallen One, but then he died really easily because my NS and my Arcanist had him Paralyzed/bound all the time.

I loved this game so much, most of you know that well, and I hope Atlus will give us more EO because I'll never get bored of this series.

omlet

It only took me around a year to finish this. I'll eventually go back and get all the items, but for now I'm DONE.

SQ4_GCARDP1.png

The final maze was awesome, I really enjoyed it. I was expecting an epic final battle with the Fallen One, but then he died really easily because my NS and my Arcanist had him Paralyzed/bound all the time.

I loved this game so much, most of you know that well, and I hope Atlus will give us more EO because I'll never get bored of this series.

Grats

Yeah, Fallen One is a fight that can be kind of swingy. He's easy if you can get him with sleep or paralyze and not lose turns to his full bind skill. If you can't, the fight becomes a trickier game of guessing if you're going to push his HP down low enough to trigger another bind skill (and knowing your party members' speed relative to each other and to him*).

Also he hits like a truck if you can't keep arm bind on him (my F can soak his hits, but a party without one might need the binds). Actually, you have a no-F party, how did it go with managing his damage output? I'm curious.

*I say this because my Nightseeker actually is so fast she will act before he even does his full bind skill on my party, which can suck because she can't preemptively Therica herself.

Grats

Also he hits like a truck if you can't keep arm bind on him (my F can soak his hits, but a party without one might need the binds). Actually, you have a no-F party, how did it go with managing his damage output? I'm curious.

My Dancer was using Healing Step with Freedom and Regen Waltz so I was full health most of the time so I had no problem. My Arcanist passive healing + Charm Eye was also helping.

I gave my NS the plus 15 to all stats item because I wanted her to act first and get the paralyze, it worked pretty well.

I love my team, they all worked so well together.

Congrats!

Thanks

omlet

My Dancer was using Healing Step with Freedom and Regen Waltz so I was full health most of the time so I had no problem. My Arcanist passive healing was also helping.

I gave my NS the plus 15 to all stats item because I wanted her to act first and get the paralyze, it worked pretty well.

Ah, I see. I was wondering if you'd even have the HP to take his strong claw attacks without some defense skills, but with Charm Eye (I totally forgot about Charm Eye because I never used it lol) I guess waltz and circle boon healing and staying topped up is sufficient. I didn't find Freedom Waltz useful on that fight since his move takes all your buffs off anyway...

I use the Lion Medal for my NS for the extra attack so swift edge does more crazy damage. Should try one if you haven't gotten one yet :D

Ah, I see. I was wondering if you'd even have the HP to take his strong claw attacks without some defense skills, but with waltz and circle boon healing I guess staying topped up is sufficient. I didn't find Freedom Waltz useful on that fight since his move takes all your buffs off anyway...

I use the Lion Medal for my NS for the extra attack so swift edge does more crazy damage. Should try one if you haven't gotten one yet :D

My L was using a Lion Medal, my NS was usually just throwing all day and using Swift Edge whenever I felt like it. I usually kept her behind because of that.

omlet

Swift Edge procs multiple links, right? (I have not tried it, my main party had no L and my party with an L has no N.)

omlet

Front row NS with Blood Surge and Attack Tango, my record for Swift Edge is over 4500 damage per hit with 3600 damage Follow Trace Swift Edge. I've killed Warped Savior (chem'd) in one blow (after killing buds/claws) with it. :> And that's just with the 2nd best sword in the game and elemental forges (ATK are better for NS).

I haven't one-shot Fallen One in the same way since it's much harder to get the Foul Mastery bonus stacked high against him, but I've still seen some big numbers on him (5 turn kills is my best, with no Imperials).

Front row NS with Blood Surge, my record for Swift Edge is over 4500 damage per hit with 3600 damage Follow Trace Swift Edge. I've killed Warped Savior (chem'd) in one blow (after killing buds/claws) with it. :>

I haven't one-shot Fallen One in the same way since it's much harder to get the Foul Mastery bonus stacked high against him, but I've still seen some big numbers on him (5 turn kills is my best, with no Imperials).

Let me think, most of the time:

L: Blood Surge > Vanguard > Improved Link > whatever Link
NS: Throw crap then swift Edge when the Link is ready.
D: Usually Regen Dance first turn and then Attack Tango so the L and NS can do more crazy damage, then just dance when necessary or just auto attack for stuns.
R: It was usually just spamming Galvanic Rune, I would use Volt Rune and Runic Gleam at times. Origin Rune really shinned by the end of the game.
A: Binding, Binding, Binding, Binding. The Passive healing and using Charm Eye + Atrophic Eye was really helpful. She would also use Releasal Spell to help my NS out.

When I got everything right, I did crazy amounts of damage. I never had trouble against random battles because NS + R killed everything in a single turn 90% of the time.

This game is kicking my ass, which I guess is to be expected considering I just jumped back in after a year hiatus. I have a bunch of unused skill points with my party members, too. Can anyone give me some advice as to the general direction I should be taking them, or the skills I should be investing in? Here's my current lineup:

Landsknecht
Fortress
Medic
Sniper
Runemaster

Anteo

This game is kicking my ass, which I guess is to be expected considering I just jumped back in after a year hiatus. I have a bunch of unused skill points with my party members, too. Can anyone give me some advice as to the general direction I should be taking them, or the skills I should be investing in? Here's my current lineup:

Landsknecht
Fortress
Medic
Sniper
Runemaster

What are the levels?
Fortress and Runemaster should be a no brainer (invest in shield skills and defense party buff/ invest in tp boost max and all elemental in low levels)

Landsknecht and Sniper depend on what you want to do, but you have 2 options:
- Link combo: Get the link skills at level 1, Improve link + Link mastery + Vanguard for the Landsknecth and multi hit skills for the Sniper
- Standard Build: Work on Power/Mind break, Double Strike, Sword breaker for the landsknecth and get the snipe skills (Arm,head, leg) for the sniper

This game was nowhere near as good as Strange Journey. I quit mid-way through.

What makes you say that? I'd be playing this to keep me from spending $30 on SJ, as I need a dungeon-crawler to keep me occupied. I'm jonesing for more SMT, but I figure this is the next best thing (because I already own it).

This game was nowhere near as good as Strange Journey. I quit mid-way through.

I love the story and music of Strange Journey, but I think that EO4 destroys it. Strange Journey last hours are boring and I just wanted the game to be over, I also didn't enjoy the gameplay as much as SMT 3/4... and the game pretty much forced you to have all your team to be the same alignment to just give you a big FUCK YOU against the final boss.

EO4 was great from start to end, even if the 3rd dungeon is kinda annoying, haha.

I'm tempted to start over, or give this game up entirely, I reloaded my save, walked through the first floor of The Misty Ravine, and had a long, difficult battle with a boar and some bug.

I know these games are difficult, but I never remembered having *that* much trouble.

I'm tempted to start over, or give this game up entirely, I reloaded my save, walked through the first floor of The Misty Ravine, and had a long, difficult battle with a boar and some bug.

I know these games are difficult, but I never remembered having *that* much trouble.

Time to start grinding. Just remember what I read when I started my game, keep everyone to one role.

Anteo

Oh the War Bison, you are supposed to ignore these if you cant kill them in 2 turns, those are there to teach you that some party config are just gonna struggle no matter what. The War Bison will always skip turns until it gets hit by anything, so you can just deal with everything else first and then set up buffs/debuff to kill him, or just run (as he wont fight back)

With your party config, you could try to use a Arm Snipe to lower his damage output if you really want to kill him. I had a party a lot like yours (except Nightseeker instead of Sniper) and just ran away from it every time as I could not kill it fast enough

Oh the War Bison, you are supposed to ignore these if you cant kill them in 2 turns, those are there to teach you that some party config are just gonna struggle no matter what. The War Bison will always skip turns until it gets hit by anything, so you can just deal with everything else first and then set up buffs/debuff to kill him, or just run (as he wont fight back)

With your party config, you could try to use a Arm Snipe to lower his damage output if you really want to kill him. I had a party a lot like yours (except Nightseeker instead of Sniper) and just ran away from it every time as I could not kill it fast enough

This is a huge relief, thank you.

Jinto

This is my first EO game. My first dungeon crawler of any kind, really. I just started, played about an hr. Right now, it's all a little confusing.

I was doing the first mission,
finished mining the ore I needed, all happy that I finished drawing the map, and forgot about the stupid baboon.
Boom, dead. At least it asked if I wanted to save my map info and stuff. This game might be a little too hardcore for me, but I'll keep playing for now.

This is my first EO game. My first dungeon crawler of any kind, really. I just started, played about an hr. Right now, it's all a little confusing.

finished mining the ore I needed, all happy that I finished drawing the map, and forgot about the stupid baboon.
Boom, dead. At least it asked if I wanted to save my map info and stuff. This game might be a little too hardcore for me, but I'll keep playing for now.

It's honestly not that bad and you'll eventually get used to it. The F.O.E.s, you just need to learn to avoid them and be aware of their movement patterns.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Let me give everyone a general game play tip. ( I think this only applies to the digital version)

DON'T FORGET TO PERIODICALLY DO A SAVE DATA BACK-UP ON THE HOME SCREEN!

I was playing Saturday morning, on the Golden Lair (3rd Map Area of the game) when I went back to town to heal and save.... and it was saving.... and saving... and saving.... and then, DATA CORRUPT. "Trying to reload a backup data..... failed. The save data is corrupted, please delete your data and begin a new game."

Ouch. I had started playing this game last year, and just got back into it. I think I had ~45 hours on the game, it's in my Top 5 of most played 3DS games. And yeah, the data just corrupted when trying to save for no reason. I don't know if this is a glitch or a bad SD card. Every other game I have on my SD card loads and plays just fine.

I went ahead and deleted the whole game off my SD card. Oh well, I don't know what happened. At least all of my other games appear to be fine. But if I had a save data back-up apparently I could've kept on playing, but I never did make one.

I have never heard of this happening on this thread, so it's probably just an issue of my own SD card, but go ahead and make those back-ups anyway!

omlet

"Boom, dead" is the point. Later in the game you will be able to muscle through most things, but for now you are supposed to avoid FOEs, and as you find new areas, always remain cautious of new FOEs, because they are (as the game tells you) much stronger than normal enemies. FOEs have movement patterns and site ranges and aggression behaviors, so pay attention to those so you can avoid getting trapped.

This game really does a good job of balancing the exp and encounter rate to where as long as you are exploring maps completely you will really never be underleveled (by much). There are just certain enemies that are designed to put the fear of death into you until you can come back and give them a good revenge whoppin' after you're a little stronger. Don't be hasty.

Let me give everyone a general game play tip. ( I think this only applies to the digital version)

DON'T FORGET TO PERIODICALLY DO A SAVE DATA BACK-UP ON THE HOME SCREEN!

Man, that sucks! I have the cartridge which doesn't allow backups like digital versions do but yeah my EOIV game has over 330 hours on it and I'd hate to lose my data...

Another save bug? Ugh.

Always always always always always always ALWAYS pay attention to everything, always.

Jinto

Thanks for the advice, guys. I played a little more last night. Mainly just did some quests and charted the land map. Went into the Small Orchid for a bit.

I still find the combat kinda difficult. I might hafta play on casual for a bit until I get used to everything.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I played a little more last night. Mainly just did some quests and charted the land map. Went into the Small Orchid for a bit.

I still find the combat kinda difficult. I might hafta play on casual for a bit until I get used to everything.

It gets easier when you level up a bit and get gear for your team, a tip would be to have a Fortress and use Taunt if you're having a really difficult time. (what's your team?)

Always take a Ariadne Thread with some Medica/Nectars with you, they are cheap. If you need money just go to gathering points.

Anteo

What do you find dificult about the combat? You are suposed to actually use skills in every random battle, do not save your skills/TP for later as the game will always warn you when you have to fight a Boss or something similar and it will allow you to go to town and heal up first before facing said boss.

Jinto

It gets easier when you level up a bit and get gear for your team, a tip would be to have a Fortress and use Taunt if you're having a really difficult time. (what's your team?)

Always take a Ariadne Thread with some Medica/Nectars with you, they are cheap. If you need money just go to gathering points.

My team is Landsknecht, Dancer, Fortress, Medic, and Runemaster. I'll start using taunt, thanks. I didn't collect any small flowers yet, so I can't buy nectars, but I'll keep that in mind.

What do you find dificult about the combat? You are suposed to actually use skills in every random battle, do not save your skills/TP for later as the game will always warn you when you have to fight a Boss or something similar and it will allow you to go to town and heal up first before facing said boss.

I'm still very early in the game. I've ventured into the Small Orchid a couple of times, and after a few fights, 1 of my team members always gets knocked out. Without anything to revive them yet, I just got frustrated. It's my own fault for expecting the early game to be easy. I guess spamming attack doesn't work. lol

My team is Landsknecht, Dancer, Fortress, Medic, and Runemaster. I'll start using taunt, thanks. I didn't collect any small flowers yet, so I can't buy nectars, but I'll keep that in mind.

That's a good team but I don't think you need a Dancer AND Medic, I'd drop one. I never used a Medic through the whole game and I did pretty fine, I just used Medicas when necessary. I'd just have your Dancer use Regen Waltz, I recommend you to level the skill to level 4 and stay there until you have more TP with her/him.

Any team works so keep the Medic if you like the class, also very important is to know that your front line will be attacked way more than your back row, so you don't have to worry as much about them.

Jinto

That's a good team but I don't think you need a Dancer AND Medic, I'd drop one. I never used a Medic through the whole game and I did pretty fine, I just used Medicas when necessary. I'd just have your Dancer use Regen Waltz, I recommend you to level the skill to level 4 and stay there until you have more TP with her/him.

Any team works so keep the Medic if you like the class, also very important is to know that your front line will be attacked way more than your back row, so you don't have to worry as much about them.

So with the party I have right now, I should just keep the medic and runemaster in the back, so the dancer can use Regen Waltz on the front line, correct?

So with the party I have right now, I should just keep the medic and runemaster in the back, so the dancer can use Regen Waltz on the front line, correct?

yes, pretty much.

L/F/D
M/R

Tip for your Runemaster, focus on one element and level up TP boost, I always went with Volt.

omlet

That's going to be a durable front line but not one with much damage. Dancer is support mainly, Fortress is defense mainly (almost exclusively), and Landshark is OK damage (until higher level, with the right kind of setup and party, then they can do impressive damage). You are going to be hurting with no good way to do either binds or status ailments on enemies. I would drop the Landshark and get either a Nightseeker or Sniper (I'd go with NS, they are crazy strong past level 40 with virtually no setup) but either will probably work.

If you get a NS or just keep your current party, have your Dancer focus on attack dances. Your medic will be fine handling the healing. Get the Dancer's skills to get extra normal attacks and to stun on hit--won't hit very hard, but all those hits add up, and stun can and will save your life sometimes.

If you get a Sniper, consider dropping the Dancer; a Sniper and a Landshark work well together. With a S+RM doing multihit attacks, your L's links will be able to do good damage later.

I 100%'d the game with a Fortress/Nightseeker/Dancer/Runemaster/Medic party so that formation is proven. If you have a Dancer + Medic, though, don't waste skill points having your dancer be a healer (until way later in the game when you have extra skill points). Medic can pretty much only heal. Dancer has lots they can do.

Tip for your Runemaster, focus on one element and level up TP boost, I always went with Volt.

Actually I would highly recommend you put a few points into every element so you can always be hitting enemy weaknesses and because of how different spells have different formation targeting ranges (all, pierce, row, etc.). You don't need to max the skills right now (in fact, don't because the TP costs will be prohibitive). Lategame, Galvanic Rune is pretty much king of Runemaster's damage so you'll want to max that.

That's going to be a durable front line but not one with much damage. Dancer is support mainly, Fortress is defense mainly (almost exclusively), and Landshark is OK damage. You are going to be hurting with no good way to do either binds or status ailments on enemies. I would drop the Landshark and get either a Nightseeker or Sniper (I'd go with NS, they are crazy strong past level 40 with virtually no setup) but either will probably work.

If you get a NS or just keep your current party, have your Dancer focus on attack dances. Your medic will be fine handling the healing. Get the Dancer's skills to get extra normal attacks and to stun on hit--won't hit very hard, but all those hits add up, and stun can and will save your life sometimes.

If you get a Sniper, consider dropping the Dancer; a Sniper and a Landshark work well together. With a S+RM doing multihit attacks, your L's links will be able to do good damage later.

I 100%'d the game with a Fortress/Nightseeker/Dancer/Runemaster/Medic party so that formation is proven. If you have a Dancer + Medic, though, don't waste skill points having your dancer be a healer (until way later in the game when you have extra skill points). Medic can pretty much only heal. Dancer has lots they can do.

Actually I would highly recommend you put a few points into every element so you can always be hitting enemy weaknesses and because of how different spells have different formation targeting ranges (all, pierce, row, etc.). You don't need to max the skills right now (in fact, don't because the TP costs will be prohibitive). Lategame, Galvanic Rune is pretty much king of Runemaster's damage so you'll want to max that.

Well, Landsknecht doesn't shine until you can Link or sub as Bushi, and Nightseeker isn't that great until you get to level 40. I find the Landsknecht to be more useful for someone new to the series, it's basically an auto damage character that has good defense and can lower your enemies damage.

I just used the Volt spells because that did more than enough damage and hit all a row, at the beginning of the game you don't have that many points to spend on everything so that's more than enough. By the end of the game Galvanic Rune kills everything. (Origin Rune was also a blessing in some post game battles)

I need to go and check again what was your build as a Dancer because all my game she was just a healer that stunned EVERYTHING and helped me during links.

omlet

Well, Landsknecht doesn't shine until you can Link or sub as Bushi, and Nightseeker isn't that great until you get to level 40. I find the Landsknecht to be more useful for someone new to the series, it's basically an auto damage character that has good defense and can lower your enemies damage.

I just used the Volt spells because that did more than enough damage and hit all a row, at the beginning of the game you don't have that many points to spend on everything so that's more than enough. By the end of the game Galvanic Rune kills everything. (Origin Rune was also a blessing in some post game battles)

I need to go and check again what was your build as a Dancer because all my game she was just a healer that stunned EVERYTHING and helped me during links.

Fair enough point about Landshark; they are unarguably more durable while able to do good normal attack damage. I love my NS but you definitely need some patience for them (payoff is huge, though!).

My Dancer had half rank heal dances but she was a Attack Tango + Chase/Trick Dancer with Fan/Sword/Mist dance maxed (NS sub for dual wielding with Blade Flurry for up to 8 attacks at once). So her job was pure offensive support and stuns. My strategy for her was Trick, Attack, maybe Chase on the first 3 turns. By then my NS would have a status of some kind on the target, normally, so all her Trick hits would be doing extra damage. I wouldn't always use Chase since its damage isn't that great, so if I needed a Regen or Refresh or Freedom Waltz for the fight, Chase is what I'd drop from my normal setup. Past level 40 I had Rush Dance but generally once my NS got a status ailment on a target, simply doing normal attacks with my Dancer generated the most damage because of the extra bonus damage hits that my NS would get from Trick. For non-FOE/boss battles, I would usually only do 1 or 2 dances (Attack + Trick) then begin attacking with her. Sometimes only one dance, it just depended on the encounter.

Early game I got a lot of use out of Counter Samba, but that one kind of sucks past level 20 when you can start to invest enough points into other things like Attack Tango to be high enough rank to really be powerful.

Edit: Do you have the skill calc program? I think my build was something like this at endgame (however, I'm not using this build now because she is subbing Bushi and leading my Beat Dance party of 5 Dancers while a second NS took her spot in my main team to try something different): 7221483823868103490xx01230880003000000000030000000000

Fair enough point about Landshark; they are unarguably more durable while able to do good normal attack damage. I love my NS but you definitely need some patience for them (payoff is huge, though!).

My Dancer had half rank heal dances but she was a Attack Tango + Chase/Trick Dancer with Fan/Sword/Mist dance maxed (NS sub for dual wielding with Blade Flurry for up to 8 attacks at once). So her job was pure offensive support and stuns. My strategy for her was Trick, Attack, maybe Chase on the first 3 turns. By then my NS would have a status of some kind on the target, normally, so all her Trick hits would be doing extra damage. I wouldn't always use Chase since its damage isn't that great, so if I needed a Regen or Refresh or Freedom Waltz for the fight, Chase is what I'd drop from my normal setup. Past level 40 I had Rush Dance but generally once my NS got a status ailment on a target, simply doing normal attacks with my Dancer generated the most damage because of the extra bonus damage hits that my NS would get from Trick. For non-FOE/boss battles, I would usually only do 1 or 2 dances (Attack + Trick) then begin attacking with her. Sometimes only one dance, it just depended on the encounter.

Early game I got a lot of use out of Counter Samba, but that one kind of sucks past level 20 when you can start to invest enough points into other things like Attack Tango to be high enough rank to really be powerful.

Edit: Do you have the skill calc program? I think my build was something like this at endgame (however, I'm not using this build now because she is subbing Bushi and leading my Beat Dance party of 5 Dancers while a second NS took her spot in my main team to try something different): 7221483823868103490xx01230880003000000000030000000000

I totally forgot about Attack Tango, I also used it because that helped my links get more insane, and it helped my L/B do even more insane damage.

Nice build btw, I really wish EO4 had a hard mode so I had a reason to go back and try more crazy stuff.

omlet

Yeah, Attack Tango is pretty nuts at lategame because of how percentage based buffs stack in EOIV. Early game it's not very useful and my Dancer was mostly holding her own keeping up in damage with others by way of Counter and Chase sambas, but past level 40-50 range she shifted focus to "help the Nightseeker do insane damage" and she was really good at that. I've mentioned it before here, but with Blood Surge and Attack Tango (and Foul Mastery) my NS was hitting WS for almost 4500 damage per hit on normal attacks (triggered by Trick Samba) and on each hit of multihit skills like Swift Edge. <3

Even my F/D could do not-terrible damage (she had hammer skills plus Fan/Sword/Mist dance maxed on subclass for decent damage and stun chance from normals) on safer fights/turns thanks to Attack Tango.

yayaba

So both etrian games are 14.99 now...

Picked up both from the sale. Excited to dig into these in the next few weeks (or months... got quite a backlog going on my 3DS already).

I pretty much ignored the Etrian series on the DS. Which one should I start with first? I was thinking of going sequentially in terms of release order so IV first, then Untold.

spiritfox

Picked up both from the sale. Excited to dig into these in the next few weeks (or months... got quite a backlog going on my 3DS already).

I pretty much ignored the Etrian series on the DS. Which one should I start with first? I was thinking of going sequentially in terms of release order so IV first, then Untold.

Do you want to play all the games? If so, start with the very first game and work up from there. If not, 4 is a good starting point, and you can go back to 3 if you want to play one of the DS games. Untold is a remake of the first game, so you can play that instead of the first game.

Play 4 first, it's the best game to get into the series.

When you finish them play 3, it's the best game of the series imo.

yayaba

Do you want to play all the games? If so, start with the very first game and work up from there. If not, 4 is a good starting point, and you can go back to 3 if you want to play one of the DS games. Untold is a remake of the first game, so you can play that instead of the first game.

I doubt I'll go back and play the originals on the DS (my backlog is way too big) but thanks for the tip! I'll start with 4 :)

Top Bottom