• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan |OT|: Fight & Heal Brings 3D To Europe!

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Fortunately I had made map notes of all those hints when I came across them initially because they seemed too cryptic to be meaningless. I went in the wrong side on the first set of doors and had a real bad time but then I realized what the little questions were referring to, checked my notes, clear sailing.

Map notes ftw.

So, what attacks you at the last doors if you go in the wrong one? :D

Hail of arrows, TP eating gas (300TP loss) and a forced encounter you cannot burst escape from.

Kieli

Hey guys, I want to get this game (itching to play a jRPG).

Does Nintendo have an online e-Shop? I can't find it (the game) on their website, and I don't want to put it (the cc) in my 3DS (which permanently stores it, I'm told).

Otherwise, I'll have to get the gift cards, but I'm worried that if I buy $10 + $20 denominations, the tax will basically make it worthless. I hate having small unused change, and would much rather prefer directly purchasing it.

spiritfox

Does Nintendo have an online e-Shop? I can't find it (the game) on their website, and I don't want to put it (the cc) in my 3DS (which permanently stores it, I'm told).

Otherwise, I'll have to get the gift cards, but I'm worried that if I buy $10 + $20 denominations, the tax will basically make it worthless. I hate having small unused change, and would much rather prefer directly purchasing it.

It asks you if you want to store it, so you can say no. That's what I do.

Anteo

It doesnt. It will ask you if you want to save it on the 3ds, and you will have to setup a password to use it anyways so no danger of someone else buying stuff left and right for your 3ds. Also the cc data is only stored on that particular 3ds.

ohlawd

even if you do store the info, you can delete it anytime.

Nintendo doesn't have a webstore for their digital front, I'm afraid.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Story boss is kicking my arse.

I can consistently reach the second phase, but don't have the burst damage to kill it off in one go.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Aaaand it's done.

It was a nice touch (although a little creepy) how you could see her behind his face.

What a ride. Tell you the truth, this was my first EO game and woah, they're good. I liked the pureness of it, so to speak. Sometimes low budgets make better games because they force the devs to focus on the fundamentals when they don't have flashy fmv's to distract from the flaws haha.

I still think the otaku pandering is questionable and the could do without it eh. I can pick my character portraits but not the npcs...

So yeah I'm craving for Untold which is releasing this week on Europe. I messed with the demo,, tried the story mode but felt sorta meh with all the unnecessary dialog.

My final team was F/D, L/R, D/N, R/B, S/A. They're level 60 now, so I think it's a good point to retire them to try new things.

Anteo

Aaaand it's done.

It was a nice touch (although a little creepy) how you could see her behind his face.

What a ride. Tell you the truth, this was my first EO game and woah, they're good. I liked the pureness of it, so to speak. Sometimes low budgets make better games because they force the devs to focus on the fundamentals when they don't have flashy fmv's to distract from the flaws haha.

I still think the otaku pandering is questionable and the could do without it eh. I can pick my character portraits but not the npcs...

So yeah I'm craving for Untold which is releasing this week on Europe. I messed with the demo,, tried the story mode but felt sorta meh with all the unnecessary dialog.

My final team was F/D, L/R, D/N, R/B, S/A. They're level 60 now, so I think it's a good point to retire them to try new things.

I wouldn't retire yet, postgame starts now, so time to hunt some dragons! Grinding the dragons its pretty fun actually.

Just beat the main boss of the third labyrinth.
Getting dependent on binds I gotta admit.

Being able to shut down the most dangerous attacks means more to me than some extra damage-per-round.

omlet

Aaaand it's done.

Grats.... but you're not done until you beat the last dungeon, man! Postgame dungeon and bosses are where EOIV finally starts to feel like a real EO game! Go get revenge on those dragons and explore the last dungeon so you can get a taste of the kind of difficulty you can expect in the other EO games in much more than just the postgame area.

When you play Untold, do yourself a favor and play on Expert mode.

Aaaand it's done.

Congrats, but the game hasn't ended yet, there's a lot of stuff to do in the post game and it's really fun!

EO3 is amazing, Untold is good but I didn't really like Story Mode that much.

omlet

So to amend some advice I gave on the last page...

After a bit of upgrading/testing with my party and checking gamefaq board, looks like for a Nightseeker, those ATK forges really are probably better.

I didn't do a highly detailed test with a lot of samples, but here's what I did.

Sky Emperor bird FOE in 4th land was my target.
Loadout #1: Dragonbane with 6 Thunder forges mainhand, Gennou with 6 ATK forges offhand, Mirage Vest, Lion Medal, 94 STR = 829 ATK rating.
Loadout #2: Yggdrasil Sword with 8 ATK forges mainhand, Gennou with 6 ATK forges offhand, Mirage Vest, Lion Medal, 94 STR = 991 ATK rating.

Turn 1: Blood Surged while medic applied Atrophic Eye and my other N applied Venom Throw (so N testing swords did not get Foul Mastery bonus).
Turn 2: Swift Edge.
Loadout #1 did around 1600 damage per hit (killed before all hits were applied).
Loadout #2 did around 1900 damage per hit (killed before all hits were applied).

However, even with that much ATK boost, the 6 elemental forges still hit about 60 points harder on normal Attacks (460 damage on 6th stratum moles vs 400, with no buffs or debuffs of any kind).

So skill damage got a considerable boost. My previous damage records for my Nightseeker are against Warped Savior, where with Blood Surge and Attack Tango and a few stacks of Foul Mastery from hitting the Pupa and all the tentacles + main body with ailments, she was hitting for 4500+ per hit on Swift Edge. Can't wait to try it with this new weapon as soon as the boss respawns!

tl;dr: Elemental Forges are good for normals (and chases, and things like Beat Dance) but ATK forges are gonna give better returns on things like N/B/S/L skills and links.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So I got to lvl 70 which is a good point to retire I guess.

I wanna switch to L/R N/A D/N on the front row and R/I A/M on the back.

Thoughts?

ohlawd

naw, man that's too much work. Nothing in postgame will pay back the time invested in grinding to 99 and back again.

Anteo

But I like big numbers!
Btw, I didnt know surge could kill yourself. Sigh. gotta rest now. A level 36 cant take more than 1 turn in surge mode.

Anteo

It looks like a pretty standard party setup. Dunno about the 6th dungeon boss, but you can take out the final dragon with that party.

ohlawd

if you wanna put in the work in beating the superboss with a linker party, go ahead :p

just go generic and bring an I/B

Kieli

Hey guys, I'm enjoying the hell out of EO4 right now, but I got a couple of questions:

1) Are there any bad classes? I'm currently rolling with landknight/fortress/dancer (front) and nightseeker/medic (back).

2) Are there any "wasted" skills? I'm currently spending points as I level up, but I'm wondering if I should hold on to them for later levels.

3) Is it worth it to level up those herbology/mineralogy skills that allow you to harvest/mine more?

Thanks!

Anteo

Hey guys, I'm enjoying the hell out of EO4 right now, but I got a couple of questions:

1) Are there any bad classes? I'm currently rolling with landknight/fortress/dancer (front) and nightseeker/medic (back).

2) Are there any "wasted" skills? I'm currently spending points as I level up, but I'm wondering if I should hold on to them for later levels.

3) Is it worth it to level up those herbology/mineralogy skills that allow you to harvest/mine more?

Thanks!

1) Not really, but some clases are much better when paired with others. i.e. a landsknecht by himself can be good at lowering enemy damage output with Power/Mind Break and have an okay damage output. But if you add a Dancer you can focus on Links and get super high damage per turn.

2) You could save points before a promotion (going from novice to veteran for example) to get some levels on high tier spells right away, but is not necesary

3) Not imo, you can just go again to the dungeon to get more.

omlet

So I got to lvl 70 which is a good point to retire I guess.

I wanna switch to L/R N/A D/N on the front row and R/I A/M on the back.

Thoughts?

Have you explored the 6th dungeon yet? If not, don't retire yet because you don't need to...yet.

My recommendation:
Explore the whole 6th stratum up to the postgame boss with your current party. You don't need to be level 99 to beat him if you use the chem weakening method (which is a completely legit way of beating him with a party that isn't geared and designed specifically for killing him un-weakened). I beat him one time before I retired my main party, have killed him like 10 times since then with my retired+releveled party.

Hitting the 6th stratum at level 70 and exploring it thoroughly while also not neglecting to farm other FOEs/bosses (like dragons) as they respawn will get you close to 99 by the time you've explored the whole 6th stratum, probably--the encounter rate is very high in there and the warp tile rooms in floor 2 will ensure you get lots of encounters as you map out the correct paths.

At that point you can probably kill the postgame boss though it might not be easy.

Finish leveling to 99 and retire then if you are interested in bigger numbers.

By the way, I fully endorse auto-leveling for that kind of "catch up" grinding for retired characters or new parties once you have fully explored everything and don't have that exploration carrot-on-a-stick to encourage additional grinding. My EOIV guild now has 15 level 99 re-leveled level 99 retires and 4 more level 99 retires who are still at level 30. My main party was leveled to 99 the "right" way but after that I had no issues using auto-battle because while I like EOIV enough to want to keep trying different stuff out at the endgame, I don't like it enough to manually grind that much.

tl;dr: Don't retire now. Go explore 6th stratum and try to beat its boss. Retire after that if you want. Do not retire your high level party just to change classes--at endgame it is more efficient to just recruit a brand new party, slap really strong gear on them, and go FOE-grind/auto-battle your way up. Retiring to change classes can be a good idea in the 30-50 range but not really a good idea at endgame IMO.

Lastly, as to your proposed new party comp., I can't really say how that would work. I want to say you will have a rough time on postgame boss with that party and without having a fortress because, but you might be alright (put points in Auto-Cloak).

Thanks!

1) There are not really any "bad" classes, but as Anteo said, there are "bad" party make-ups. Personally, I'm not a fan of the Sniper class or the Bushi class (as a main class--Bushi is an awesome subclass for several other classes), but neither are "bad" really.

In your case, your party sounds durable but will have increasingly low damage output with that formation, at least until level 50+ when your Nightseeker will become a destruction machine with Venom Throw (from either row) and Swift Edge (from front row).

2) This depends a *lot* on what classes comprise your party, actually. You can make an argument for the usefulness for every skill in the whole game, but in reality there are many you will never need to spend points on.

Like for example, Dancers can be a party's primary healer, but if they're doing that then putting skill points in something like Beat Dance or Wide Dance is a waste. For Nightseekers, putting points in Shadow Cloak is a waste if you have a Fortress. In Medics' case, my main party has had a medic from 1-99 and I never encountered a single situation where I was in a battle biting my lip and wishing I had Full Refresh so I never "wasted" points on it.

One good piece of advice that I read (but didn't implement because I didn't feel like my party needed to) is to do a Rest at level 22 and 42. Doing this, you can heavily invest in the "tiers" of skills you have access to from 1-20 and 20-40 and then give up 2 levels to sort of heavily "shift" your investment into the higher tier skills when you get access to them. Some classes will benefit more heavily from this, such as Nightseeker, Runemaster, and Medic. Some like Dancer and Fortress have skills in their starting tier that remain too awesome to shift points out of (Attack Tango, Auto-Taunt, for example).

3) In EOIV, no. In the other games in the series, yes.

Anteo

I never encountered a single situation where I was in a battle biting my lip and wishing I had Full Refresh so I never "wasted" points on it.

Full Refresh is useful in battle vs bind/ailment/status monsters, in particular vs a mob of these guys, Group Therapy + Full Refresh allows you to restore a whole line to normal in just one turn and any medic should have either Group Therapy or Steady Hands at any point in the battle anyways.

omlet

Full Refresh is useful in battle vs bind/ailment/status monsters, in particular vs a mob of these guys, Group Therapy + Full Refresh allows you to restore a whole line to normal in just one turn and any medic should have either Group Therapy or Steady Hands at any point in the battle anyways.

I know it can be a good skill in theory, especially combined with Group Therapy. I just never felt like I needed it. If I was fighting stuff with binds or ailments, my dancer (or F/D, or both) could preempt the worst of it with waltzes and leave my medic turns to establish circles or debuffs early and take over ailment/bind healing if the battle ran long. That mainly left removing debuffs as the only incentive to get Full Refresh and debuffs never held me back. To me, the most dangerous debuff you'll deal with commonly later in the game is the 3 dragons' elemental weakness debuff which a runemaster can take care of.

That said, Warped Savior's claws can do some nasty bind/ailment/debuff stacking so Full Refresh can be good for those and I may need to pick it up when I tackle him with no chems.

Like I said, every skill has its use, many just vary in usefulness depending on what else your party has to offer.

Anteo

I know it can be a good skill in theory, especially combined with Group Therapy. I just never felt like I needed it. If I was fighting stuff with binds or ailments, my dancer (or F/D, or both) could preempt the worst of it with waltzes and leave my medic turns to establish circles or debuffs early and take over ailment/bind healing if the battle ran long. That mainly left removing debuffs as the only incentive to get Full Refresh and debuffs never held me back. To me, the most dangerous debuff you'll deal with commonly later in the game is the 3 dragons' elemental weakness debuff which a runemaster can take care of.

That said, Warped Savior's claws can do some nasty bind/ailment/debuff stacking so Full Refresh can be good for those and I may need to pick it up when I tackle him with no chems.

Like I said, every skill has its use, many just vary in usefulness depending on what else your party has to offer.

Well if you have a dancer you really dont have much use for the Refresh skills. In my case my part was a L/B F/D N/A and M/R R/I so no dancer to back me up there, its all on the medic and some help from the fortress if I had a free turn. It really depends on the party setup really.

Kieli

Thanks for the tips, guys!

I'm wondering whether I should stick with Nightseeker for the long-haul (I'm not so much a fan of his reliance on status ailments; does it get easier to inflict them later on?). I've currently swapped him out for the Runesmaster because some monsters are resistant to physical and I need that magic. The problem is that his costs are kind of high and I therefore want to save his TP unless I absolutely need them. This results in a lot of turns where he's just defending.

Moving on, I noticed that "resting" and "clinic" keep getting more expensive as I use them. Is it possible to run into a situation where you have no money (or can't afford the cost) and you are so low on HP & TP that you can't feasibly grind the money to afford the rest? Couldn't you get stuck in such a situation? Unless you resort to selling equipment or the costs of those two things "caps".

Moving on, I noticed that "resting" and "clinic" keep getting more expensive as I use them. Is it possible to run into a situation where you have no money (or can't afford the cost) and you are so low on HP & TP that you can't feasibly grind the money to afford the rest? Couldn't you get stuck in such a situation? Unless you resort to selling equipment or the costs of those two things "caps".

The costs go up as your party levels go up.
If you need the little bit of money you can always grind in the early dungeons and almost never take damage.
It might take a minute to grind up the gold, but there's really no way to get stuck in the game.

Anteo

I'm wondering whether I should stick with Nightseeker for the long-haul (I'm not so much a fan of his reliance on status ailments; does it get easier to inflict them later on?). I've currently swapped him out for the Runesmaster because some monsters are resistant to physical and I need that magic. The problem is that his costs are kind of high and I therefore want to save his TP unless I absolutely need them. This results in a lot of turns where he's just defending.

It does, spread throw, follow trace and
Ailment Boost (arcanist subclass)
help a lot. His damage output in the lategame is super high if he is on the front row, not so much at the start, but not bad either. I have one and he hits 1800 with a high chance for a second hit for 1400 in the same turn vs late game bosses. And his attack increases each time he lands an ailment.

The runemaster should max TP BOOST asap, so he can last much longer in battle, also dont put too many points in his spells early or he wont have the TP to sustain himself.

The resting is a basic formula of 5 times the level of the highest level member of your party (so 4 level 18 and 1 level 20 => 20*5 = 100 en) , so if you want to pass some days to wait for certain foe to respawn, just get a 1 man party of a level 1 whatever class and go to rest.

omlet

Nightseekers get insanely powerful past level 40 when you can put some points into their strong Master tier skills. For sticking ailments on things, Luck attribute influences that. Once you unlock subclasses I recommend setting the Nightseeker's subclass to Arcanist and put put 5 points into Ailment Boost which will increase your success rate for ailments. Also feed any Luck books you get from Pookas to your Nightseeker because they cannot reach the Luck stat max even with level 99 retire and 10 books so the books will not be wasted on them (vs how VIT books are wasted on Fortresses and TEC books are wasted on Runemasters). I'm a big fan of Nightseekers (as mentioned earlier, my damage record for my Nightseeker is about 40,000 damage in a single turn, they get strong). Honestly, I would say for your party, since you're not really building a party that can maximize the Landshark's Link attacks, you'd be better off with...actually, what was my "main" party, FND+RM. That is, get the N back in instead of the L .

Runemaster's elemental damage will be very welcome indeed, but nothing kills normal encounters with the efficiency and speed of a Nightseeker with Ailment Boost, Auto-Spread, and Venom Throw all at max rank. That throw hits for normal throw damage then does a 700/turn poison. That's enough to kill almost any normal enemy in the game in one turn, even in the postgame dungeon, and with Spread Throw she will be able to hit every enemy in the group at once. However, nightseeker's main power comes from their front row use of skills like Swift Edge. Throws work from either row.

For runemaster, don't rank up the spells much at first or the TP costs get too high. Diversify with low rank spells for now.

EOIV, unlike the other games in the series, literally showers you with more money than you will ever use. On my game I'm past 10 million money earned and have spent about 5 mil of that. Just make sure you grab gathering points as you explore because the rare items from them generate a ton of cash. Cost of resting at the inn caps at I think 495g when you're level 99.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Have you explored the 6th dungeon yet? If not, don't retire yet because you don't need to...yet.

My recommendation:
Explore the whole 6th stratum up to the postgame boss with your current party. You don't need to be level 99 to beat him if you use the chem weakening method (which is a completely legit way of beating him with a party that isn't geared and designed specifically for killing him un-weakened). I beat him one time before I retired my main party, have killed him like 10 times since then with my retired+releveled party..

I'm on the 2nd floor of the last maze, have that damn dark room almost mapped out.

I'm at the level cap now and, to be frank, I am a little bored with my party. I just wanna be sure whatever I get can handle post game.

omlet

Pre-dragon cap lol.

What are you doing exploring the 6th stratum for, then?? Go kill the dragons, you should beat them with relative ease at level 70! Man, so much wasted exp! Grab relevant elemental resist accessories and eat the nearby food and you won't have any trouble with their breath attacks at your level.

hoggert

Wow, the ultimate boss is much easier than the the ultimate dragon.

After a couple of days of tinkering with my party's roster, I got him to around 25% before I gave up for a bit due to some unlucky Fortress dodges and getting screwed over by an early expiration on a Head Bind leading to a Supernova. Ultimate Boss on the other hand; nearly killed it but then accidentally triggered Auto-attack leading to a pretty hilarious death to the open eye elemental spam. Roomate was understandably pissed when I suddenly yelled "FUCK" sitting on the couch next to her. Bushi main Shockwave is damn nice against the adds on that fight.

omlet

Wow, the ultimate boss is much easier than the the ultimate dragon.

After a couple of days of tinkering with my party's roster, I got him to around 25% before I gave up for a bit due to some unlucky Fortress dodges and getting screwed over by an early expiration on a Head Bind leading to a Supernova. Ultimate Boss on the other hand; nearly killed it but then accidentally triggered Auto-attack leading to a pretty hilarious death to the open eye elemental spam. Roomate was understandably pissed when I suddenly yelled "FUCK" sitting on the couch next to her. Bushi main Shockwave is damn nice against the adds on that fight.

I don't find Fallen One very difficult once you've seen the fight and know what to expect (
that he opens with a very high turn priority complete bind on your entire party, and that he tries Supernova on turn 5
), usually--that is, that fight can get a ugly with a bit of bad luck even for an overpowered team (his head binds wearing off, or him binding you for two turns in a row especially). I don't know the exact percentages but he will re-cast binds at certain health thresholds so as long as you bring Therica A it's not hard. You can try Black Mist burst skill to extend binds if you're not able to get your burst meter up high enough for Geo Impact burst skill (guaranteed stun) to block Supernova (I don't remember if Aegis Shield works on that attack).

hoggert

I have FO's rotation down pat, it's just my levels are a little too low and he's getting his regular physical attacks out occasionally before my Fortress can Party Shield even dagger equipped .Grinding a bit at the moment (and finding all the treasure chests I missed!) then going to try again.

Also, I do believe Aegis Shield blocks his ultimate. Black Mist + his own binds can sometimes last longer than 5 turns, it's great.

omlet

I have FO's rotation down pat, it's just my levels are a little too low and he's getting his regular physical attacks out occasionally before my Fortress can Party Shield even dagger equipped .Grinding a bit at the moment (and finding all the treasure chests I missed!) then going to try again.

Also, I do believe Aegis Shield blocks his ultimate. Black Mist + his own binds can sometimes last longer than 5 turns, it's great.

Ah, yeah, if he's getting his multi-hit claw attacks out before guard skills are going off, that would be bad. He curbstomped me pretty good, too, when I tried fighting him in the 70s. AGI forged dagger for Fortress? I also gave my F a bunch of Speed Books so she has 86 AGI (with Tharsis Wing equipped) and can afford to use a slower weapon now.

Actually, funny thing about fighting FO with my main party... my Nightseeker is so fast she will even act before his omnibind move activates. You might think that sounds awesome but actually my N is stuck often losing turn 2 because of that (because if she preemptively uses Therica A it's wasted). On the flip side, FO is not immune to Sleep or Paralyze so I usually try those throws first and occasionally they land and block his bind attack and gives me a safe window to buff up to unload some damage. lol... Best kill speed so far with my FNDRM party is 5 turns, not sure I'd ever get it much lower without an Imperial party.

Anteo

I remember the second or third time I faced the Falle One at level 70 -75 I came really close to beating him, like it had less than 5% HP. It was a very lucky fight, managed to paralize him a few times in key turns to stop his all party attack but could not finish the battle in time. I had to wait till level 85 to finalli kill him

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
What are you doing exploring the 6th stratum for, then?? Go kill the dragons, you should beat them with relative ease at level 70! Man, so much wasted exp! Grab relevant elemental resist accessories and eat the nearby food and you won't have any trouble with their breath attacks at your level.

Well, I just dinged 70 so i didnt waste much exp haha.

Anyways I went and killed the fire dragon, took two tries.

RpgN

How many hours does it take to complete the post game content would you guys say?

I've finally defeated the story boss today :) She was a tough one with party level of 53 and one being 63. So I had to grind for a bit and managed to do it after a couple of tries with party level 57-58 and one at 66, and some TP healing items. My party was a Nightseeker, Imperial, Bushi, Arcanist and Alchemist. The ending was minimal but satisfying with the beautiful music and story book feel to the writing.

Now it's time to do some of the post game content and train the rest of the party at least.

omlet

How many hours does it take to complete the post game content would you guys say?

I've finally defeated the story boss today :) She was a tough one with party level of 53 and one being 63. So I had to grind for a bit and managed to do it after a couple of tries with party level 57-58 and one at 66, and some TP healing items. My party was a Nightseeker, Imperial, Bushi, Arcanist and Alchemist. The ending was minimal but satisfying with the beautiful music and story book feel to the writing.

Now it's time to do some of the post game content and train the rest of the party at least.

Postgame is mainly 1 more dungeon with 3 floors and the 4 dragon bosses, and you can expect probably around the same amount of time as it takes to fully clear Golden Labyrinth, maybe more, to clear the dungeon. That's just to explore the place. You might finish exploring before you're really prepared in terms of levels and gear to actually tackle the postgame boss, in which case just farm the dragons, other bosses/FOEs, and 6th stratum enemies to get geared/leveled up. In terms of actual hours I can't say since your pace will vary considerably based on your party comp, your play style, and so on, but if I had to hazard a guess I'd say maybe 10 more hours at bare minimum.

hoggert

10 hours if you're just going straight for the ultimate boss maybe.

I've spent around 20-25 hours so far in post game and I haven't even killed WS yet! But I'm going for a 100% clear, something I've never had the luxury of doing before, haha. Doing the treasure hunt maps is going to be a pain in the ass, ugh.

Edit: Ultimate Boss down 4th try...
My god, I didn't have enough DPS for it at all and I was missing a little too much due to lower levels. Got to the very end of the 2nd go at the Eye stage and a desperate Hood Circle bound it's head and ended up killing it with a combination of normal attacks and a dispel blow. Everyone except my Runemaster and Arcanist were at 0 TP due to me blowing most of the stuff looted from chests on the previous post game bosses. It was pretty intense. Bushi's Shockwave plus TP for normal attack really saved the day. The Nightstalker I took out of my roster after the fourth stratum has been steadily eclipsing the Bushi, but damn, that insane AOE burst really helped out. Only real boss were I've been like "Damn, this is actually somewhat tough." Figuring out the rotations and such... Nothing compared to say, Primevil, but still fun.

RpgN

Thank you kindly for the answers guys.

Looks like I still have some work cut out for me (pleasant work). I tend to like to train all my party members, so it will most likely take ages for me.

It goes without saying that the post game bosses kick the crap out of the last story boss, right?

omlet

Thank you kindly for the answers guys.

Looks like I still have some work cut out for me (pleasant work). I tend to like to train all my party members, so it will most likely take ages for me.

It goes without saying that the post game bosses kick the crap out of the last story boss, right?

Yes, Warped Savior (postgame dungeon boss) and Fallen One (postgame overworld boss) are both much more difficult than the last story boss.*

Warped Savior (normal) > Fallen One > Warped Savior (weakened) > Dragons > Story Boss

*In terms of stats and damage they are obviously stronger, being fights balanced for higher level parties. That said, story boss is a fight that can be the first progress-halting battle in the game for some parties without enough DPT, so for some people it might be that the situation your party is in when you first encounter the bosses makes the story boss feel quite challenging while first-time over-preparedness might lead to the postgame bosses feeling less challenging than expected. Also, the dragons, for example, are easy with resist gear/food--I'd say the ability to easily make their breath attacks a non-issue makes them even easier than the story boss in some ways, despite their high stats (you want more challenging dragon fights, try them in EOU on expert mode, lots of fun!).

Kieli

I'm enjoying this game so much....

Now I regret glossing over the limited pre-order edition I saw at a retail store last year. I was getting Luigi's Mansion, but ended playing 5 hours of it and shelving it.

Go figure.

Fake edit: It's actually funny. I originally scoffed at this game (not because it was bad). I vaguely knew that it was a hardcore dungeon-crawling experience. I don't like first-person RPGs (really, really don't). I have never really played dungeon crawlers (but they didn't really sound all that appealing).

EO has now taught me that dungeon-crawlers are great and first-person RPGs aren't all that bad.

Top Bottom