• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl |OT| B4 Fight & Heal, There Was Frederica

two carts and one digital? you crazy

I'd do digital + retail too if I wasn't already spending almost 300 bucks on games alone next month >_>

One Physical copy for my fiancée. and digital/physical for me.

The only games I'm getting in October are EO, Pokemon, and AA5. I'm not interested in stuff like RF4, Xseed really fucked up witht hat release date, and I don't have a Wii U for SANIC.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
...So this game looks like an expansion/DLC/reskinned game of EO4?

That sounds good, but I feel like probably after I'm done with EO4 I'm not going to want just more EO4.

Ferrio

Banned
...So this game looks like an expansion/DLC/reskinned game of EO4?

That sounds good, but I feel like probably after I'm done with EO4 I'm not going to want just more EO4.

No it's a remake of EO1, but yes the games are similiar. This one has the option of a real story, preset party, voice acting or you can just roll in classic mode.

I could see how you could get confused, because EO IV actually has a lot of story, but this seems like it's almost much more like a traditional JRPG than a dungeon crawler with no story at all, and in story mode the characters are ready made. I'll update the OP a bit to make it clearer.

Kirlia

Banned
I've known about the Etrian Odyssey series for a while, but I never heard anything say anything that great about it (too hard, unfair, blah blah blah) until I read Nintendo Power coverage of its sequels. This game in particular sounds quite good/accessible. I'll likely pick this one up at some point after I get Pokemon X/Y.

This is in my queue so I'm gonna read impressions, but much like EOIV will probably remain criminally underplayed by me. I wish I had more time, I've put maybe 10 hours on 4 and love it, it'd probably be one of my top 5 this year but I probably won't be able to finish it before March :p

Kazerei

Banned
Polygon released its review earlier today, and it's so full shit.

Etrian Odyssey Untold's wishy-washy adherence to the past finds its ultimate form in "classic mode," which gives you the ability to create your own party and minimizes the plot, just like the good old days. Except at that point you're playing a just slightly modified version of the original game, which isn't that old and still holds up fine.
If you've played past games, there's little reason to jump into this latest entry — exploration is a lot less enticing when it's terrain you've already mapped before.

Slightly modified version? Terrain you've already mapped before? Come on. I should probably relax, but shoddy reviews really grinds my gears. 6/10 my ass.

KarmaCow

I'm still using my launch* 3DS.

I'm hoping that by the time I do a quick run of Story mode first, there will be a list of all the Story mode exclusive items/enemies/chests/stuff so I can get them before NG+'ing into Classic mode.

*That's been "repaired" multiple times.

scy

I'll do Story first since why not. Unless there's some really big mechanics-based reason I shouldn't.

And 3DS XL here.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Just hit level 30 in EO4 and really digging it.

A similar game with more of a story (if it's good) would be great.

Sadly I will probably be burnt out from EO4 and not get to this for a year+ considering my 3ds/vita backlog.

Lumyst

That's exactly the point of phrasing it that way. :) Happy to help.

I seem to recall back when the game was released in Japan, the sales were the same as usual despite the more "newbie friendly" changes, and someone in that thread said something like "And in the end, it sold to...Etrian Odyssey fans!" So I wonder how many actual newbies are going to buy this one, I'll be one of them.

BearChair

I generally blind buy Atlus games at release, but I tried the demo and it didn't grab me like 3 or 4 (my favorite) even on expert. I think I'm going to hold off and have my mother-in-law get it for me for christmas.

My question is how long do the atlus "limited editions" tend to last. I know they are technically just the first printing, but will I still probably get the soundtrack if I wait that long?

ohlawd

I support that, although I think I will continue through story mode myself.

Just curious- which 3DS do you all have? I've got an XL only
I've got a blue OG and an Animal Crossing XL. Gave the blue to my younger brother. Fun times when I let him play with my Pokeymaz Y while I hit up X.

Hello. I've bought and played Unchained Blades but couldn't push my self to finish it. I did get quite far into the game though.

Is this game/series better? I really didn't like the luck required to capture more useful monsters in Unchained Blades though.

Picked up a copy (and a copy of Disgaea D2) earlier today in NYC.

JWgcWY2.jpg

2 EO games in the same year? Fuck yea! Cannot wait to start.

This is my first time being introduce to the Etrian Odyssey series. I was tempted on picking up part 4, but turn it down for whatever reason. I'm loving the demo and it will be a pick up very soon.

DAmn , wish i had the money, but i still have to buy aa5 and pokemon , and probably batman origins and watchdogs this year .

Maybe next year after Layton 6 and bravely default

Busaiku

Ahh.
Well, that's ok, I guess.

Since The Wind Waker HD CE won't be getting to me until the Tuesday, I'll have a bit more time to devote to this.

knkng

Haven't had a chance to try the demo yet, but I can see there's a couple of complaints about the voice acting in this thread. Is it in English, Japanese, or do you have the option for both? I'm really looking forward to trying story mode in this game, so I hope the voices aren't too intolerable.

Haven't had a chance to try the demo yet, but I can see there's a couple of complaints about the voice acting in this thread. Is it in English, Japanese, or do you have the option for both? I'm really looking forward to trying story mode in this game, so I hope the voices aren't too intolerable.

Only English, you can also play(not in the demo) the classic mode that has no VA.

Top Bottom