• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl |OT| B4 Fight & Heal, There Was Frederica

ohlawd

EO Untold doesn't have any world map / airship stuff by the way, that was just in EOIV. And EOIII had something kinda similar but it was optional.

Oh I didn't know that. I thought the world map would unlock later or whatever.

Uniform tan is better, but that's still great.

It's even worse since the tan lines show she was wearing a school swimsuit then switched to a bikini. I have no qualms with the size of her bikini, though.

Oh I didn't know that. I thought the world map would unlock later or whatever.

It's even worse since the tan lines show she was wearing a school swimsuit then switched to a bikini. I have no qualms with the size of her bikini, though.

EO1 is just a dungeon with a ton of floors, 3 was the same but you could also explore the sea. You should really play 3 if you haven't.

Also delicious school swimsuit, the tan lines are supposed to stimulate your imagination.

ohlawd

EO1 is just a dungeon with a ton of floors, 3 was the same but you could also explore the sea. You should really play 3 if you haven't.

Also delicious school swimsuit, the tan lines are supposed to stimulate your imagination.

Kinda hoping for a EO3U even though I've heard 3 doesn't have much of a story, like 4.

Azusa was so terrible with her tan lines my gawd. Tan lines reeeeally don't work with girls of a light complexion, imo.

But it's cool you like them.

spiritfox

Kinda hoping for a EO3U even though I've heard 3 doesn't have much of a story, like 4.

Given that it is the one with 3 separate endings I think it has more story than most of the other EO games.

That said I kinda want a EOU2. Best labyrinth with the best music. Too bad they removed Exp from FOEs. Seriously.

ohlawd

Given that it is the one with 3 separate endings I think it has more story than most of the other EO games.

I kinda want a EOU2 though. Best labyrinth with the best music. Too bad they removed Exp from FOEs. Seriously.

well crap that sounds interesting, with the 3 endings and all. I think I'll go ahead and get III when I have enough time to play it.

GeekyDad

She is.

And she looks tan (with the ever holy grail of tan lines) in it too... (from the ATLUS unboxing video)

pefKATK.png

It's the Coppertone girl. :p

The way your fingers are positioned, it looks like her legs are coming out of the booklet.

Anyway, I'm kinda getting unreasonably hyped for the game now.

scy

shiiiiiii google image'd the Princess. I'm in love with the indigo/violet haired one. I don't know what they do and I don't care, I love the design :3
<EO3 Stuff>
They're the buffing class of the game but due to a lot of mechanics of the game, they end up being pretty much the most useful class of the (main) game. Monarch's March is free healing as you walk and Protect Order's per-turn healing in combat is just a lot better than anything the Monk puts out. They also double as a mini-tank in combat due to targeting mechanics, though it's not ideal.

The only reason to use a Monk later is when you unlock subclassing to go Monk/Prince(ss). Monk just for their better Class Passive and just use the superior Prince(ss) skillset.
</EO3 Stuff>

TheGrue

Was playing the demo and not sure if this is a spoiler from story mode or what, but better safe than sorry:

What is up with the three members from the Library being from Ontario, saying "eh", and talking about maple trees? Is it the game being silly or is there some connection here to the real world for the story?

Verilligo

Was playing the demo and not sure if this is a spoiler from story mode or what, but better safe than sorry:

What is up with the three members from the Library being from Ontario, saying "eh", and talking about maple trees? Is it the game being silly or is there some connection here to the real world for the story?

Your spoiler will be explained later in the game. All will make sense. To say more would be to do you a disservice.

Hey,
only Raquna is from Ontario. That's also why she is best girl.

ohlawd

scy, thanks for the Princess explanation.

Your spoiler will be explained later in the game. All will make sense. To say more would be to do you a disservice.

eh thought that was just a joke. Turns out it isn't?

Wow, this game.

TWO DAYS ;_; LET'S GO ALREADY

ohlawd

It is a joke. I mean Ontario? lol
j/k.
lolol.

Idunno okay? I'm in the right state of mind to believe just about anything right now.

Let me take a stab at it with my own theory:

Etria is in some super remote forest area located outside Ontario. It's like an alternate dimension or whatever. Problem is Raquna's gang think they're from a place called Ontario but it's not. No one knows the name of the place they're from but that's not important right now. What matters is they aren't from Ontario.

And hikers/campers/whatever from the real modern Ontario sometimes end up in "Ontario" and they bring their mannerisms and their culture and whatnot. That's why Raquna speaks like a Canadian. It's like a melting pot or some crap.

Kinda like Narnia, man.

Anteo

This kind of reminds me of the DBZA jokes with space countries. Like space australia, space mexico and space france

alice

I put 4 hours into the demo and then immediately ran to Amazon to preorder. As someone who's never played an EO game before, the demo did a much better job than IV in introducing the mechanics. I have the demo for IV, but it didn't click in the same way, so I decided to start out with this one.

I really like making the maps. Thought it would be annoying, but it turns out that it tickles my OCD gene in just the right way. Come on, Amazon - ship my order!

I put 4 hours into the demo and then immediately ran to Amazon to preorder. As someone who's never played an EO game before, the demo did a much better job than IV in introducing the mechanics. I have the demo for IV, but it didn't click in the same way, so I decided to start out with this one.

I really like making the maps. Thought it would be annoying, but it turns out that it tickles my OCD gene in just the right way. Come on, Amazon - ship my order!

you should really check out IV after Untold, it's sooo good.

I dream of a III 3ds remake.

3 also has the best classes, remember to have a Princess, they are amazing.

Unfortunately their class skill is weak, so you are better off with a monk subclassed as a princess to get all their skills. Meaning a monk is a better princess than a princess is, despite not looking like they should have those skills. That type of thing annoys me, which I think is why EO2 is my favorite despite 3 having the best classes.

Unfortunately their class skill is weak, so you are better off with a monk subclassed as a princess to get all their skills. Meaning a monk is a better princess than a princess is, despite not looking like they should have those skills. That type of thing annoys me, which I think is why EO2 is my favorite despite 3 having the best classes.

3 has the best everything, I've never been bothered by how non-sensense sub-classing is.

Ibuki

Banned
I have work at 6:00pm, so I will just play the demo to kill time until I go in and I can pick it up. There was only 3 copies there, one of which was pre-ordered by someone other than me.

Busaiku

Roughly how long is the story mode in this?
Still need to decide if I do this or Rune Factory 4 initially...

I only have 90 minutes to decide!

Mik317

Bought it.

Didn't beat Eo4 but enjoyed it very much.

Mainly bought this to support the series (as much as I love Sega...they make strange decisions).

Probably won't dig in too much with 2k and GTAV tho.

This month is gonna murder my wallet.

Busaiku

Well, since Rune Factory 4 isn't even an option, so I'm going with this.
Kind of disappointed with the booklet, only full page art is tan Frederica.

I'm this close to buying another 3DS to play this and SMT IV. My only fear is that Sega starts releasing Atlus' games over EU in a timely manner. I'd feel really, really stupid

Damn you, Atlus

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean, if sega were to start localising, I don't see why it wouldn't bring it to PAL if they're bringing it to NA.

Sega's going to take over starting next month so it could be a from now on type of thing, disregarding anything before that point. I think NIS was supposed to bring over SMT IV or, Nintendo? They had it in one of the Directs a while ago. As far as I know its not coming this year. As of yet no one has raised their hands for EOU but it did just come out hours ago and I'm being really impatient.

Pokemon comes out next week, I should really calm down lol

Top Bottom