• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN Black Friday flash sale (Destiny, Alien Isolation, FIFA 15, Diablo III, more)

Gries

Uhm, how exactly am I supposed to buy SteamWorld Dig for 5 Euro as the filthy non-PS Plus member that I am?!
Why does Sony hate my money so much?

krrrt

wanted to buy both seasons of the walking dead, but the ps+ discount doesnt seem like it has been applied yet :s

rafaelr

hmm, i guess it´s nice that they´re doing a eu sale as well, but if i use an us-accnt and buy the game there it´s still a lot cheaper (~17€ cheaper for fifa15 for example).

Gries

hmm, i guess it´s nice that they´re doing a eu sale as well, but if i use an us-accnt and buy the game there it´s still a lot cheaper (~17€ cheaper for fifa15 for example).
That's called tax evasion and is illegal.

Hhahahahaha WHAT?
E.g. every german citizen has to pay 19% VAT if he buys digital goods from a seller that is located outside the European Union (in this case: Sony Computer Entertainment America). So if you create an american PSN account, although you live in Germany, and hence buy digital games without paying taxes, you’re commiting a crime.

www.bundesfinanzministerium.de/Cont...en/Finanzpolitik/2014/07/2014-07-11-PM33.html

And that's exactly the reason why digital games are region-locked on Xbox One.

Louis010

Banned
What an awful sale. Looks like I'm getting everything on steam again and my ps4 will gather some dust. It's really going to become just for exclusives and multiplayer games at this rate.

EDIT: To compare it to steam, Shadow warrior is £3 on there. Yeah.

MisterM

Those games that can be bought physically, the prices are still way off the mark.

Diablo 3 is £26 at Tesco, which I'm sure Amazon will end up price matching.

Danielsan

Not a great sale. I'm tempted to jump on Persona 4 Golden, then again I've still got Shin Megami Tensei IV to get through on the 3DS, so it would just be sitting there on my Vita until the next sale. Might as well save the cash for when I have time to play it.

What an awful sale. Looks like I'm getting everything on steam again and my ps4 will gather some dust. It's really going to become just for exclusives and multiplayer games at this rate.

EDIT: To compare it to steam, Shadow warrior is £3 on there. Yeah.
Shadow Warrior is a lot newer on PS4 than PC.

EGM1966

Alien worth it?
Is Alien Season pass worth it?

Or wait for a better Alien sale?
Id say yes. Throw the developers a bone, they did everything GAF noramlly asks to see more of in bigger budget games: took big risks with challenging gameplay; tried something different and inovative with AI; delivered a fairly lenghty SP experience and they didnt bolt on some uneeded MP (although id love a mode you get to be the Alien hunting humans i donhave to confess).

Shadow Warrior is a lot newer on PS4 than PC.

The problem is that digital pricing on the new consoles is terrible. Its more expensive that physical as standard which is already ridiculous, but then a sale kicks in and simply puts most things at a sensible non sale digital price. They don't need to go as cheap as steam.

With PC you have expensive hardware but cheap games. With consoles its the opposite. And that's fine. But there is a limit and £55 as standard for new games is way to much, especially when it leads to sales that make out £15 off that is apparently a good deal.

Yaska

That's called tax evasion and is illegal.

E.g. every german citizen has to pay 19% VAT if he buys digital goods from a seller that is located outside the European Union (in this case: Sony Computer Entertainment America). So if you create an american PSN account, although you live in Germany, and hence buy digital games without paying taxes, you’re commiting a crime.

www.bundesfinanzministerium.de/Cont...en/Finanzpolitik/2014/07/2014-07-11-PM33.html

And that's exactly the reason why digital games are region-locked on Xbox One.

Different countries have different laws. Also I'd say the officials couldn't care less for a "tax-free" purchase of 60 usd or less. They tend to usually go after the bigger fish.

Rayman Legends is not cross buy is it ? VITA or PS4, that is the question...
That would sound stupid to many people but I know it matters to others so I'll throw that out there just in case: the Vita version has an asshole trophy the other versions don't have.

Vishnu

Id say yes. Throw the developers a bone, they did everything GAF noramlly asks to see more of in bigger budget games: took big risks with challenging gameplay; tried something different and inovative with AI; delivered a fairly lenghty SP experience and they didnt bolt on some uneeded MP (although id love a mode you get to be the Alien hunting humans i donhave to confess).

Damnit...

Already bought Unity, FC4, Evil Within, Fifa 15, DA:I.
Well no need to be cheap now, Alien it is.
I will hold on the pass though. If I like it, Ill buy it full price.

What's declassified like? I enjoyed KZ on Vita so will I enjoy this?

Pretty bad over all but might be OK for some at that price.

The multiplayer was actually pretty fun but they never fixed the bugs which caused you to lose connection to games all the time or never connect in the first place. I have no idea if its at all active these days. With the existence of killzone I doubt it as its a far better game. Plus there is only about 6 maps and I don't think they ever added more.

There is a survival mode that is single player that some might enjoy. Wasn't really my thing though.

The main single player content was terrible. About 10 very short missions with no checkpoints. Can complete it in less than an hour.

At £12 its prob fine if you like the idea of replaying mini missions to get a better score and time plus the survival. For anyone else I would so don't bother.

Buying D3 from US PSN saves 10€, but does it for all intents and purposes work with my EU psn ID and PS+?

yeah as long as you have the US-account available on the same console. Just buy it on the US-account and start the download, then you can switch back to your EU account and start playing normally.

Once a week the PS4 will check if you still have access to that game. And remote play might not allow you to play it, i'm a little unsure on that.

goonergaz

Pretty bad over all but might be OK for some at that price.

The multiplayer was actually pretty fun but they never fixed the bugs which caused you to lose connection to games all the time or never connect in the first place. I have no idea if its at all active these days. With the existence of killzone I doubt it as its a far better game. Plus there is only about 6 maps and I don't think they ever added more.

There is a survival mode that is single player that some might enjoy. Wasn't really my thing though.

The main single player content was terrible. About 10 very short missions with no checkpoints. Can complete it in less than an hour.

At £12 its prob fine if you like the idea of replaying mini missions to get a better score and time plus the survival. For anyone else I would so don't bother.

cheers, will probably leave it then

TimmiT

Got Alien Isolation. Also want to get the season pass for that price, but it hasn't been updated yet for some reason.

Yaska

yeah as long as you have the US-account available on the same console. Just buy it on the US-account and start the download, then you can switch back to your EU account and start playing normally.

Once a week the PS4 will check if you still have access to that game. And remote play might not allow you to play it, i'm a little unsure on that.

I have Flower on my PS4 through US account, and Remote Play works fine through my EU account.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

As long as your PS4 is set to primary for your US account, you can play it on an Eu account, or remote play it. The only problem with this buying from other countries is if you have two or more PS4s - then you can only play the game on the other PS4s when using the U.S. account

I'm thinking of getting S2 of TWD but how is it without the past saves? Do you get an option to choose what you've done before?

I played TWD S1 on the 360

Top Bottom