• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN Black Friday flash sale (Destiny, Alien Isolation, FIFA 15, Diablo III, more)

I wouldn't say SoM is repetitive.

The mission types aren't as varied as you'd hope and the side quests are pretty much cookie cutter nonsense, but the nemesis system keeps the game from becoming too repetitive or boring.

EGM1966

Damnit...

Already bought Unity, FC4, Evil Within, Fifa 15, DA:I.
Well no need to be cheap now, Alien it is.
I will hold on the pass though. If I like it, Ill buy it full price.
Yah id try the supplied survivor mode and game before getting the pass. Youre a gent supporting a worthy game. Hope you like it: check the OT if you struggle at first, the game essentially plays the opposite of most stealth games so you need to unlearn any common approaches to stealth or youll end up dieing too much and it can hurt the experience.

Drac

That would sound stupid to many people but I know it matters to others so I'll throw that out there just in case: the Vita version has an asshole trophy the other versions don't have.

Hum tried looking around is that the online trophy with daily/weekly challenge ? I usually am a trophy whore for game I love (and I love Rayman so I'll probably aim for it) but it doesn't seem too bad ?
Playing for my couch or my bed remain my main question. VITA is less expensive, I know it had less content but that was fixed with a patch right ?

Danielsan

Damn it, i just bought it.

Read some very positive impressions though so looking forward to it!
Yep. It's very enjoyable for a solid 15 hours. Repetitive, but a ton of fun. Especially the initial 5-8 when you're not yet a total god slaughtering Orc Captains like they are basic Orcs.

Percy

Banned
Considering Oddworld now it's at a reasonable price. Was it any good in the end?

What an awful sale. Looks like I'm getting everything on steam again and my ps4 will gather some dust. It's really going to become just for exclusives and multiplayer games at this rate.

EDIT: To compare it to steam, Shadow warrior is £3 on there. Yeah.

Uh... if you have a PC, why would you be getting a console for anything else anyways?

I only buy consoles to play the stuff I couldn't otherwise get on PC, so I'm curious as to what else you expected to be using that PS4 for besides exclusives/titles not on PC tbh.

Hmm, Styx or Shadow Warrior...

From what I gather, Styx is garbage and SW on PS4 has serious screen tearing, so you might wanna proceed with caution on either.

Kem0sabe

Mass Effect Trilogy £12?! That thing is still like £40 boxed.

It's been at that price several times already in the US PSN store, even cheaper if you take into account the dollar/euro exchange rate.

The only problem with the pack is that it lacks most if not all major DLC for Mass Effect 3 and some for 2 i think.

finally ps+ discounts are showing.

£9.59 for P4G....been wanting to buy it for a while now. price originally £34.99. i'm not missing out on this!

Malcolm9

Damn it, i just bought it.

Read some very positive impressions though so looking forward to it!

SoM is pretty decent to be honest, and by the time it starts to feel repetitive you probably will be near completing it.

I enjoyed the 15 or so hours I played and as mentioned, the "Nemesis" system is very well done, especially when you gain more abilities/powers and pit orcs against each other.

I've got £50 in my wallet and I'm not sure what to do with it. Mainly on PS4 these days so was thinking Either Diablo or Isolation with Styx. Would love Diablo and Isolation but can't afford both. Not sure which one to go for.

Malcolm9

If anyone hasn't played Alien Isolation yet, I'd highly recommend it, one of the best games of this year.

It's not an action FPS, it's very tense and atmospheric and if you are a fan of the Alien universe it is an extra treat to see more back story about Alien.

£24.99 is a great price.

FerranMG

Is Trial Fusion worth getting? Remember it was kind of a mess at release.

I didn't like it (and I was a huge fan from the HD and Evolution games).
Huge loading times in-between tracks, IAPs, and tracks that were not completely in a 2d plane were a huge disappointment for me.

Frodo

Are The Evil Within and Alien Isolation cross buy with the PS4 if I buy them on the PS3?

I'm buying a PS4 soon and would like to play those games on it. If it is not I'd rather just wait and buy them later on when they drop the price (which shouldn't take long, I suppose).

system11

Oh dear. Checked a few of these I was vaguely interested in, at times cheaper or only marginally more expensive to buy from Amazon physically. Just shows the huge disconnect between digital pricing and retail in this country.

Bought Surgeon Simulator, Styx and Shadow Warrior.

Are The Evil Within and Alien Isolation cross buy with the PS4 if I buy them on the PS3?

I'm buying a PS4 soon and would like to play those games on it. If it is not I'd rather just wait and buy them later on when they drop the price (which shouldn't take long, I suppose).

Nope. Neither are cross buy.

Donos

19.99 $ for Diablo 3 PS3 Ultimate .... German PSN still 39.99 € -_-

Just want Diablo 3 with DLC for cheap. Even the retail PS3 version of the Ultimate Evil Edition goes for 19.99 $ on amazon.com... come on SCEE

Bought Shadow Wariorr and Entwined /PS4/.
Most of those games i own already :p
But to those who don't - make yourself a pleasure and buy at least Alien Isolation.
Extraordiary game.

Majmun

19.99 $ for Diablo 3 PS3 Ultimate .... German PSN still 39.99 € -_-

Just want Diablo 3 with DLC for cheap. Even the retail PS3 version of the Ultimate Evil Edition goes for 19.99 $ on amazon.com... come on SCEE

Get it on the NA PSN. So much cheaper

Not buying anything from the EU PSN anymore.

I hope you bought D3 from the US Psn store, as its only 28 euro's.

Nah, UK store. Had £50 in my wallet from a 'Top up £30 and we'll give you £20' paypal deal I had a while ago. So it really only cost me £40 for the two of them which I was happy enough with.

NewDust

Buyer beware!

Even though ps+ dicounts may be displayed on the store page, not all discounts are applied when placed in your cart. As a matter a fact, ps+ discounts seem to be disappearing. Placed games in my cart, went ahead to fund my wallet, came back and the total sum of my transaction went up 4 euro. Atleast Oddworld, Entwined and Transisitor seem to be stricken by this bug.

Edit: All reapplied except for Entwined.

I just put Oddworld in my basket and the discount showed up but when I proceed to checkout it says £9.99...

You are right. Worked for me 10 minutes ago :(
Now it's the other way around. Transistor has the correct label but the discount doesn't get applied.

EDIT: Now it's applied again.

I'm really torn on Beyond. I want to check it out but am holding off on the rumoured PS4 version. I have some doubts that it's happening but it'll probably get announced right after I buy it on PS3 lol.

NHale

I'm really torn on Beyond. I want to check it out but am holding off on the rumoured PS4 version. I have some doubts that it's happening but it'll probably get announced right after I buy it on PS3 lol.

Well there already is a trophy list for the PS4 version. Maybe it was cancelled after they loaded up the trophies into Sony servers...

I'm still betting it will be a PS4 PS+ title.

Donos

Get it on the NA PSN. So much cheaper

Not buying anything from the EU PSN anymore.

Yeah, bought 20 $ PSN code over the amazon.com PSN webstore (from which i bought GTA V digital for dirt cheap with my german credit card) and bought DIII UE on the USA sale with my US account.

16 € for DIII UE is a good price :).

Question: I have a save from vanilla DIII, when i rented it way back, can i use/transfer it for the UE edition?

Top Bottom