• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN: The Big in Japan sale

Oof, even though I read about the 50hz = slower Final Fantasy on here, I thought 'what the heck, I played these PAL versions growing up so I probably won't even notice it.' So I bought FF7 and FF9.

But it is actually really noticeable. Maybe because I now *know* they should be playing faster, but man. Kinda disappointed. It's like the framerate is all stuttery and I don't remember them like this, I remember them faster!

Maybe I'm just going mad :p

Don't think I'll be playing both of them, even though I was really looking forward to playing PSOne games on Vita.

Murray97

I bought Demon's Souls and Ni No Kuni, been meaning to buy them both for a while and at £8 for both I can't really complain.

I'll never play them probably but oh well.

I bought Demon's Souls and Ni No Kuni, been meaning to buy them both for a while and at £8 for both I can't really complain.

You should though, especially Demon's Souls.

Oof, even though I read about the 50hz = slower Final Fantasy on here, I thought 'what the heck, I played these PAL versions growing up so I probably won't even notice it.' So I bought FF7 and FF9.

But it is actually really noticeable. Maybe because I now *know* they should be playing faster, but man. Kinda disappointed. It's like the framerate is all stuttery and I don't remember them like this, I remember them faster!

Maybe I'm just going mad :p

Don't think I'll be playing both of them, even though I was really looking forward to playing PSOne games on Vita.

I'm having such a great time replaying FF9 after all these years, especially as a European peasant who finally gets to play it like it was meant to be played, easily worth the hassle of formatting the Vita.
This game is timeless, the gorgeous art direction is still as strong as it's ever been and the characters are so likeable and charismatic. So many memorable scenes too.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I feel like I'm losing my time waiting for the extra 10% discount to be applied... I really want to get P2, P3P and Trails, but I refuse to give up saving €3.50!

I feel like I'm losing my time waiting for the extra 10% discount to be applied... I really want to get P2, P3P and Trails, but I refuse to give up saving €3.50!

I got tired of waiting and just bought P3P without the extra discount. If they add it afterwards, I'll just take it up with their support.

FryHole

I got tired of waiting and just bought P3P without the extra discount. If they add it afterwards, I'll just take it up with their support.

Same here. I "justified" it to myself as with the discount I'd have bought the P2/P3 bundle, even though I'm not too interested in P2. So in a way, I've saved money by not waiting for the discount

Right?

hohoXD123

Meh, depends how soon you want to play it. I doubt I'll get around to playing it anytime soon, particularly after buying X/X-2 so don't have an issue with waiting until just before the sale ends.

Usobuko

Banned

Well, one of the thing I find convenient with downloaded games are they are always there. You can mix and match with any games from your retail disk to spice up the appeal of playing your consoles.

Unless you meant you don't have time, then I guess it's probably the same for everyone...

Bishop89

OK i decided to get the vita version of ffx/x-2.

I will be more likely to play it on the vita anyways.

The yugioh game seems pretty good so far.

repeater

Shinobido 2 is still missing from PSN and I can't even see a sale banner on my Vita...
Yep. The blog post on the PS blog keeps getting comments pointing out the different games and discounts missing, but there has been no response or update. This is irritating. I realise people whine about everything and nothing on the blog, but here people are actually dying to give Sony money and they just don't seem that interested..

Fenderman89

Neo Member
Yep. The blog post on the PS blog keeps getting comments pointing out the different games and discounts missing, but there has been no response or update. This is irritating. I realise people whine about everything and nothing on the blog, but here people are actually dying to give Sony money and they just don't seem that interested..

I hope it's just because of the week-end.
I expect everything to be fine starting from tomorrow, they MUST fix it.

Usobuko

Banned

Assuming that's true and sales last for 2 weeks right? Staff has 1 week left and so if they are not getting this done, it's pure incompetence.

leng jai

Had to bite with FFX since I'll never play it on PS3. Very tempted by Tales of Xillia though I've never played a Tales game before.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
FF V, VI etc. are on sale now as well.

How is the PSX PAL version of FF VI ? Might wanna buy it to play on my Vita if its good - who knows when it will show up on WiiU Virtual Console.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
FF V, VI etc. are on sale now as well.

How is the PS1 PAL version of FF VI ? Might wanna buy it to play on my Vita if its good - who knows when it will show up on WiiU Virtual Console.
17% slower, black borders, loading times. The usual.
Also somewhat different music from the SNES version.

cw_sasuke

17% slower, black borders, loading times. The usual.
Also somewhat different music from the SNES version.

Yikes, i also regret spending the money on the FF7-9 pal version - guess no money from me. Might get FF1+2 on PSP though.

Great sale. I got MGS3, Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Never got around to that last one when it came out even though I loved Ico and I've never played MGS3 either, though it will probably take a miracle for me to get into that, hehe.

WITHE1982

You'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't play either of those incredible games. I'd put both firmly in my top 10 games of last gen.

If you've played a souls game before you'll be blown away by how incredible DS is. Demon's>Dark>Dark 2. It's the most punishing yet rewarding game ever made.

Ni No Kuni is one of the most uplifting and incredibly animated games I've EVER played. The art style is straight from Studio Ghibli and even if you're not a fan of their work you'll love the fantasy setting.

I'd implore you to at least try them both
RedDeadRedemptionBill-620x.jpg

Recall

You'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't play either of those incredible games. I'd put both firmly in my top 10 games of last gen.

If you've played a souls game before you'll be blown away by how incredible DS is. Demon's>Dark>Dark 2. It's the most punishing yet rewarding game ever made.

Ni No Kuni is one of the most uplifting and incredibly animated games I've EVER played. The art style is straight from Studio Ghibli and even if you're not a fan of their work you'll love the fantasy setting.

I'd implore you to at least try them both

Ni No Kuni has terrible combat mechanics especially once you have 3 party members. It might look gorgeous but playing all the way through it is a real chore.

mandiller

Would you guys recommend Final Fantasy X HD (Vita) for someone who hasn't played the original and doesn't play too many JPRGs? I love Golden Sun and other turn-based RPGs but I've never been drawn in by the Final Fantasy series due to boring dungeon design and a forgettable stories revolving around saving crystals (I've only tried the early FF games plus Bravely Default).

Basically, is FFX a major highlight or is it more of the previous games?

Tizoc

Would you guys recommend Final Fantasy X HD (Vita) for someone who hasn't played the original and doesn't play too many JPRGs? I love Golden Sun and other turn-based RPGs but I've never been drawn in by the Final Fantasy series due to boring dungeon design and a forgettable stories revolving around saving crystals (I've only tried the early FF games plus Bravely Default).

Like all games in the series FFX has those that like and those that dislike it, but overall it's a good turn based jRPG. The benefit in this release is that it comes with an improved/Advanced 'Grid Sphere' system which lets you customize your character's stats and abilities.
Yuna for example can learn offensive magic spells along with healing and defensive spells for example.

Slygmous

Plus discounts are now live for P3P/P2 and Trails (AU store), presumably other missing discounts will go live now. I was just waiting on those two.

cammy84

I played FFX when I was younger and really enjoyed it (never finished it though due to being an impatient sod when I was younger)
It has alot of depth for people willing to use it and I did have a soft spot for blitzball although alot of people do hate it.

For £15 it is such good value I don't think you can go wrong. I've bought it on Vita during this sale so I can finally finish it.

cw_sasuke

Interested in FFX/X2 but am I able to download each game individually?

Size says 6.7GB but I only have a 4GB stick.

I dont have an answer to your question - but regardless you should get a bigger memory stick, anything below 8GB on Vita is kinda pointless.

Benedict

Plus discounts are now live for P3P/P2 and Trails (AU store), presumably other missing discounts will go live now. I was just waiting on those two.

Sadly the buy button is now missing on TITS for me...

edit: ahhh... finally it came through for me. what a relief...

Inotti

I was going to buy Fate/EXTRA but apparently it's not available in Finland. :( I wonder what could be the reason for that...? After all it's available in other nordic countries.

Ni No Kuni has terrible combat mechanics especially once you have 3 party members. It might look gorgeous but playing all the way through it is a real chore.

Being fair I just normally set them to auto and let them get on with things, unless she wasn't bothering to heal me then I would need to switch.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I was going to buy Fate/EXTRA but apparently it's not available in Finland. :( I wonder what could be the reason for that...? After all it's available in other nordic countries.
Ask @ghostlight_ross and @ghostlightgames on Twitter, they answered me one time regarding region availability and a week or two later it was available for me and other countries. (may be too late for the sale but still, I hate when things are not available for me)
Speaking of that, what are peoples opinions on Fate/EXTRA? I don't know anything about the universe except some characters, but I've had my eyes on it for some time.

Tizoc

Could you let me know if you enjoy it? I've never played a tales game either but I'm thinking of picking it up during the sale and adding it to my (ever growing) backlog!

Combat system is simple but fun, story is eh, only good characters IMO are Milla, Alvin and Jude, when the game featured only them as the main characters, it was great, loved the interaction between the 3 of them.

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
The additional ps+ discount is still missing for all ghostlight games ;<

Should be there now :)

Ask @ghostlight_ross and @ghostlight on Twitter, they answered me one time regarding region availability and a week or two later it was available for me and other countries. (may be too late for the sale but still, I hate when things are not available for me)
Speaking of that, what are peoples opinions on Fate/EXTRA? I don't know anything about the universe except some characters, but I've had my eyes on it for some time.

Might want to make it @ghostlightgames rather than @ghostlight otherwise someone else ends up getting it.

Some recommendations for me please. I have a ps3 (fairly recent, nearly no games) and a vita. I have been predominantly a pc gamer, so I am in interested in playstation or console exclusives.
I have already bought ni no kuni, demon souls, Catherine and mega man 9.
I like all types of games. I have not played and ff games, but I am a bit put off by the time investment, I am still embroiled in persona 4 on the vita.

This thread reminds me, why don't they have PC Engine games on the UK / Euro PSN?

Also they don't have one of the greatest shooters of all time - Dodonpachi on there.

That's why I still have to have a JPN account and go through lots of faffing around with two memory sticks with my Vita. :eek:(

Yaska

Any opinions on Tales of Xillia?, it's a Tales game, but wondering if it's worth the 12 euros. Picked up Symphonia already tho.

Top Bottom