• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN: The Big in Japan sale

ZeroX03

Banned
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Discount goes live Thursday 3rd July)
Was €59.99/AU$89.95/£39.99, now €24.99/AU$29.95/£19.99

zkskuu.png

NZ price. Get fucked at that ridiculous currency conversion (in this case it's probably Sony's fault). For reference, $30AUD is $32NZD.

Navid

Some nice stuff there, tempted by Ni No Kuni but came into the thread mainly hoping for price drops on the Asura's Wrath DLC...

Garibaldi

You don't appear to get Resident Evil 6 or Relevations in the mega bundle even though it says all games. Admittedly Revelations isn't mentioned specifically, but 6 definitely is mentioned. I've popped a support ticket in with Sony about it though.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
So, a Realm Reborn Standard Edition is on sale for €9.99.

If I get this PS3 version, do I gain access automatically to the PS4 version as well?
I would only get it for the PS4 sku

Also, does the STANDARD Edition come with 1-month sub or do you have to pay for the sub straight away from day 1?

Should I pick up any of the FF games in this sale? Which ones are the best/still hold up today?
I'll probably be playing them on Vita. I have FFX/X-2 already. If I don't get one of those, I'll probably just buy Crash. :)

If I get this PS3 version, do I gain access automatically to the PS4 version as well?

Also, does the STANDARD Edition come with 1-month sub or do you have to pay for the sub straight away from day 1?

Standard edition includes 1 month sub and you can upgrad to PS4. Instructions on how to redeem the latter can be found here.

You won't be able to play with your PS3 once upgraded, to do so you'll need to buy both versions. The upgrade campaign will end on December 31, 2014.

Tetranet

Does anyone know if there's anything to miss out if I get Shadow of the Colossus and Ico separately? The bundle is more expensive with the current sale.

Does anyone know if there's anything to miss out if I get Shadow of the Colossus and Ico separately? The bundle is more expensive with the current sale.

No. The bundle just adds both to your download list at the same time so it's exactly the same as buying them separately at the same time.

repeater

I wanted to buy Shinobido 2 for Vita as it was supposed to go on sale today, but now the game cannot be found either via webstore search or the Vita store. Anyone know what's up with that?

Zhao_Yun

Why's FFIX showing up on sale but not VII and VIII, the ones that are meant to be on sale?

Only SCEE knows....
Seriously, this sale has been handled pretty bad thus far. Games which were not posted on the blog get discounted, games which were posted on the blog haven't been discounted yet, Plus discounts not showing for some games...

Tetranet

No. The bundle just adds both to your download list at the same time so it's exactly the same as buying them separately at the same time.

Thanks a lot, you never know with Sony's clunky PSN UI.

Is Tales of Xillia worth getting, even without a dual audio option? I'm on the fence after having read the commotion that the dub caused...

Jacqli

Uh, EDF2017 is still at 29,99€... :( And I do not find Shinobido on the store (only the DLC, which is already on sale).

admartian

Buy this people. It's fantastic.

I can't. :(

Way to rub it in mate....

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Discount goes live Thursday 3rd July)
Was €59.99/AU$89.95/£39.99, now €24.99/AU$29.95/£19.99

zkskuu.png

NZ price. Get fucked at that ridiculous currency conversion (in this case it's probably Sony's fault). For reference, $30AUD is $32NZD.

lol yep - I laugh everytime I see a $59.99 USD game for $$109+nzd. I mean, they're not paying for shipping, retail outlet's cut etc. Fuck this trying not to piss off retailers etc bs excuse.

For those not in the know, with conversion, it shouldn't be more than $70NZD.

Coxy

which of Graces, Xillia or Symphonia would people recommend? my only experience with the series is about 10 hours of Abyss and really disliked the characters & battle system so stopped playing.

as someone who was pretty much turned off the Tales games by Abyss and its shitty characters, I highly recommend Xillia, the gameplay is a little better in graces but Xillia has much better story and characters

LayLa

Graces arguably has the best battle system, some of the characters aren't great and the story isn't wonderful either, but it's a really good RPG, I spent 130 hours doing everything and still didn't finish all the trials (although maybe I'm just slow). Symphonia is widely regarded as the best Tales game but the battle system might seem a little dated since it was on Gamecube and PS2. I'm not a fan of Xillia personally, battle system is OK but there's barely anything to do in the game and the characters aren't great either and I thought the story had a few holes in it.

as someone who was pretty much turned off the Tales games by Abyss and its shitty characters, I highly recommend Xillia, the gameplay is a little better in graces but Xillia has much better story and characters

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to try Xillia and work my way backwards if I like it!

I know that the retail version comes with a 30 day sub, and you get a free upgrade to the PS4 version. I would assume the same is true if the digital version. Might be worth checking Shoppe Two, as they had the PS3 version for £7 earlier this week.

Sitris

Persona 2 is still full price on the Australian psn store :/ the bundle is discounted but the standalone game is still $43!

Skinpop

Persona 2 is still full price on the Australian psn store :/ the bundle is discounted but the standalone game is still $43!

Yup, I just bought the trails bundle. Only wanted to buy P2 but have heard good things about trails so eh why not. Kinda stupid that persona 2 standalone is more expensive than the bundle.
Speaking of which, why is persona 2 so ridiculously overpriced to being with? The pricing is a damn atrocity and even on sale the 20 + euros I payed for the bundle is way overpriced.

Top Bottom