• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN: The Big in Japan sale

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So if i buy FF14 PS3 now - can i start the free month at a later point or does it start from the time of purchase ?

danthefan

So if i buy FF14 PS3 now - can i start the free month at a later point or does it start from the time of purchase ?

The free month will start when you create an account and link it to the game, it will not start when you purchase the game.

Additionally if you plan on getting a PS4 (or own one already) you can upgrade for free to the PS4 version which is much better. But you will lose access to the PS3 version. This offer is valid until the end of the calendar year afaik.

I bought the Resi Chronicles collection. Once I'm done with my current couple of games I'll finish House of the Dead: Overkill Extended Cut Hyper Turbo Edition, and then I'll give these two a whirl and see how they compare.

The plus discount is like less than $2AU, doesn't bother me at all.

Completely OT, but who is in your avatar? She's gorgeous.

Shahed

Awesome, thanks mate!

Amazon have it for £3.50, and once you install it you don't need the disc anymore. Not unless you want to play on another PS3. You still get the 30 days and the PS4 upgrade as well. It's what made me buy the game recently. Had my doubts considering it's an MMO, but I'm loving it so far.

You can buy the game and just wait to link and register it to a Square Enix account

cw_sasuke

The free month will start when you create an account and link it to the game, it will not start when you purchase the game.

Additionally if you plan on getting a PS4 (or own one already) you can upgrade for free to the PS4 version which is much better. But you will lose access to the PS3 version. This offer is valid until the end of the calendar year afaik.

Thanks for the quick answer :)
So i already own an account, played the PS4 beta a bit and after that a bit on PC (bought game on steam) ...so i guess if i log-into the PS3 version with my existing account the free month will start ?

Shahed

Thanks for the quick answer :)
So i already own an account, played the PS4 beta a bit and after that a bit on PC (bought game on steam) ...so i guess if i log-into the PS3 version with my existing account the free month will start ?

Yeah. Once you link to your service account

Typical SCEE

Thing is I think they my have got it wrong and FFIV isnt going on sale and they mixed the name up with 9 mainly because FFIV is 15 on the store not the 7.99 its listed as being down from

Well it doesn't take a rocket scientist, a coder from Naughty Dog and a Neurosurgeon to quickly amend the blog post.

Also I guess someone has commented on the sale blog post saying

"Right, all discounts should now be live and visible on Store, or will be within the next 30 minutes depending on where in Europe you are. Sorry to keep you all waiting"

This was over 2 hours ago and still nothing.

Saiyan-Rox

Well it doesn't take a rocket scientist, a coder from Naughty Dog and a Neurosurgeon to quickly amend the blog post.

Also I guess someone has commented on the sale blog post saying

"Right, all discounts should now be live and visible on Store, or will be within the next 30 minutes depending on where in Europe you are. Sorry to keep you all waiting"

This was over 2 hours ago and still nothing.

Yeah but this is SCEE the take a damn age to fix anything cause they're all stupid. You have to admit the amount of problems they have on a weekly basis is absurd. You'd think Sony would do something about it but Nile it seems to be getting worse actually.

I like Sony more than the other companies always have probably always will but SCEE makes it hard to say much good really.

Xeno_V

How does Front Mission 3 feel after so many years? Has it aged badly or is it still enjoyable? How is it gameplay-wise compared to let's say FFT?
Is the story at least above average?

artsi

Tales of Xillia and Ni No Kuni, there goes my weekend. As if I didn't have enough backlog already.

Kyonashi

I was certain I would buy FF7 until I read this thread.

However, since playing FFXHD and P4G on my vita I've come to love playing RPGS handheld, on the go.

Does ff7 actually take 50-60 hours to complete and so will I be wasting 10 hours of my time with the 50hz version? I'm worried I'll put it down for the fifth time and not finish it unless I play it on vita...

Still no PS+ discount on P3P? It isn't going to happen, is it...

Edit: Fuck it, I bought it. Don't you dare discount it further now Sony!

Still no PS+ discount on P3P? It isn't going to happen, is it...

Edit: Fuck it, I bought it. Don't you dare discount it further now Sony!
If it does get discounted shortly after you might get a refund from Sony. I've heard tales on here + reddit of people getting partial refunds on games that were discounted within a few days of purchase.

However, since playing FFXHD and P4G on my vita I've come to love playing RPGS handheld, on the go.

Does ff7 actually take 50-60 hours to complete and so will I be wasting 10 hours of my time with the 50hz version? I'm worried I'll put it down for the fifth time and not finish it unless I play it on vita...
What's the difference, if you don't mind me asking?

Anybody down to start FFXIV as scrubs together? Never really played an MMO myself

All the latest MMO are designed to help newcomers with as little grinding as possible, quest way points, dungeon and group role finder. This is also one of the best FF since 10, you're gonna have a blast.

Check the OT in Community for buddies.

It plays absolutely fine on the Vita. People are making this into a far bigger deal than it is imo.

LayLa

It plays absolutely fine on the Vita. People are making this into a far bigger deal than it is imo.

I replayed FF7 last year and had at least 5 times when the game glitched out and became unplayable - so no, it does not play absolutely fine on the Vita.

hohoXD123

I replayed FF7 last year and had at least 5 times when the game glitched out and became unplayable - so no, it does not play absolutely fine on the Vita.
Anecdotal. Played perfectly fine for me too. Unless if this is a well-known bug with many reported cases.

Zack117

Banned
Sony is coming up with some sick sales in the past few months on the ps3. Do you think this is due to the life cycle of the console moving towards its end? Maybe we'll see such deals on the PS4 next year too.

LayLa

That's hardly conclusive. That thread has 12 replies with only about 3 cases reported. I think that this is a very small issue that has affected a handful of people.

yes it's only one thread. there are plenty more out there. if it worked fine for you I'm glad, but I experienced emulation problems and so have many others *shrug*

Wasp

50-60 hours seems a bit much. I would say it takes about 25-35 hours to complete only the main story. Plus another 10-15 hours if you do most of the side content such as Chocobo racing/breeding and Battle Square. It should only take 50-60 hours if you want to learn every enemy skill, collect every ultimate weapon and unlock every limit break for each character.

yes it's only one thread. there are plenty more out there. if it worked fine for you I'm glad, but I experienced emulation problems and so have many others *shrug*

I'm not saying there haven't been cases but I wouldn't put someone off buying it considering the low amount of cases compared to the amount it has sold. It's just like any game new or old that can have occasional bugs or glitches. I hope that if you decide to play it again that you don't run into those issues again.

Purdy

Is the Yu Gi Oh game any good?

Not played one since GBA days and fancy another, heard the recent one on 3DS is garbage

ZeroX03

Banned
PS3 - Better visuals
Vita - Portable and sleep mode

I finished the Vita version recently and have no regrets. Absolutely perfect.

This basically. FFX on PS3 at 1080p is an absolute treat.

X-2 has crashed on me a few times on Vita mind you, but never on PS3.

Radius

crap, the ps3 version of ffx/x-2 is now on sale.

I dont know which one to pick!!

What are the differences?!?!

I have both and I must say I like the Vita version better. Sure, the visuals are slightly worse and it occasionally has some frame rate problems but if you plan to do the side quests Vita may be your life saviour: Basically all of the minigames (lightning dodge, Chocobo racing, Tidus' and Wakka's overdrives) were unplayable for me due to input lag on PS3. Not everyone encountered this problem and I understand that it has something to do with either my TV or my HD cable but since I couldn't be bothered to change either of them I bought the Vita version and it worked just fine.

Besides, I've reached the grindfest-part of the game and being able to switch between couch and bed is a Godsend ;)

cw_sasuke

Is the Yu Gi Oh game any good?

Not played one since GBA days and fancy another, heard the recent one on 3DS is garbage
Try the demo, played and it's actually quite nice and reminds me of the Power of Chaos PC games though all the paid DLC worries me.

Top Bottom