• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN: The Big in Japan sale

Still waiting on a Danganronpa price cut; would've been perfect for a sale like this. Damn, that game refuses to be bought cheaply.

Loads of good deals here mind. Everyone should bite on Ni no Kuni for £4.

Widge

FINALLY!

I'm buying both FFXHD and P3P!!

FFVII-FFIX are tempting but i heard bad things about the PAL version, is this true?

My take on NTSC:

Easier to fill a 16:9 display and make it almost full screen with no cropping.
Speed is about 10% faster (PAL games often had out of sync SFX).

Having said that, I am tempted by this. I have to fart about changing accounts on my Vita if I want to play my FF games. The other option is getting a PSPgo to play them on.

Shahed

Persona 2 Innocent Sin is finally mine. I've been wanting Tactics Ogre LUCT to go onnsale for a while now. Oh well

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Lots of good stuff, but i have a big backlog! :(
I don't have the time to play everything :(

Not bad. I will pick up the Resi Chronicles Collection for £7.20, and I'm tempted to check out Final Fantasy X/X-2, despite not enjoying FFX first time around.

Hmm what are the PS1 versions of the Final Fantasies pre 7 like? I need something to play for an 11 hour flight and I've never experienced any of the sprite games.

Final Fantasy VI is amazing. IV is really good too. Not played V yet, but I believe it's good. Haven't played those prior to that.

Is FFIV the complete Collection? I need to finish The After Years.

I was wondering the same. I don't think vanilla FFIV is available on EU PSN, so I guess it must be.

No Dino Crisis in lieu of the Anniversary ._.

Sadly, I don't even think the Dino Crisis games are even on EU PSN.

Cairnsay

Banned
Glad I never found the time to get Ni No Kuni now, cant not jump on it for £3.99. Now do I jump it to the front of my backlog while I wait for Destiny?

Tizoc

THE PSX FINAL FANTASY GAMES ARE 50 HZ AND PERFORM SLOWER THAN THEIR US COUNTERPARTS
Get them at your own risk.

wrowa

Kinda regretting buying FFX/X-2 now. I have barely played it for 5 hours since I bought it. :p

I might double dip for Trails in the Sky, actually... I'd kinda like to replay it. Not sure if I'm better off waiting for the PC release, though.

How are FFIV-VI on PSVita, anyway? Have they fixed the loading times of the original PSX releases?

Joey Ravn

Banned
Fuck, yeah. I'm getting P2, P3P and Trails in the Sky for basically the price of Persona 3 Portable.

I could get FFX/X-2 and Gravity Rush... but I rather use my 16 GB memory card for download-only games (basically, PSP and PSX) and get retail carts for everything else.

Also, Demon's Souls and Ni No Kuni for £4 each is insane pricing. There's at least 100 potential hours of gameplay between them. That's incredible value.

hohoXD123

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Was €14.99/AU$17.95/£10.99, now €4.99/AU$7.55/£3.99
Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members

This is a pretty good price no? Cheapest I can find the physical version is £8.86 from the site that shall not be named.

Hmm what are the PS1 versions of the Final Fantasies pre 7 like? I need something to play for an 11 hour flight and I've never experienced any of the sprite games.
I, II, III and IV are PSP versions (III is a polygon DS port at that, also very hard). The difficulty of them is lower than the original releases (except III and parts of IV) though I'd only say I is too easy in that respect. I think IV offers the best value assuming it is the complete pack as that has the mid-2000s mobile game sequel, the after years included (it is not great though) and the redone spritework is very nice.

Only V and VI are PS1 version and I'd steer clear for any possible 50Hz problems. Aside from that, V has a translation lacking love and care (they managed to translate Wryvern into Y-Burn) while VI has some loading issues (nowhere near as bad as Chrono Trigger). It is a shame as out of I-VI, V and VI are my favorites but I can't really recommend the PS1 ports as the way to enjoy them the most.

FFVII-FFIX are tempting but i heard bad things about the PAL version, is this true?
YES. A not exactly fast paced game running at 5/6 the speed it should do literally wastes your time. Like what would take 50 hours takes 60 hours instead. You are getting nothing for those wasted 10 hours. Time is a precious commodity.

Also the non-English translations for VII are utterly terrible (and the English one was not great to start with).

Xeno_V

Damn, where the hell is Tactics Ogre: LUCT?
Great sale either way, but I was really sure that I would see it somewhere in the list.

Tizoc

Lots of great stuff on sale this week, if you want a kickass fighting game collection get all the fighters on sale listed.

Benedict

Will probably get
PS3:
R-Type Dimensions
Final Fight: Double Impact
Capcom Arcade Cabinet: All-in-One Pack
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD

PS "Vita"
Trails in the Sky
Parasite Eve: The Third Birthday
FF X/X-2
Front Mission 3
(Final Fantasy IV)

Too bad there are no Ys games in the sale. Would love to try the new Vita game.

Bittercup

Final Fantasy X/X2, PS3 or Vita?
I would prefer the Vita version. Does it run fine? Performance/visuals good enough in comparison?

hohoXD123

Final Fantasy X/X2, PS3 or Vita?
I would prefer the Vita version. Does it run fine? Performance/visuals good enough in comparison?

Yeah, seems to be a pretty good port from what I've heard. I'm personally going for the Vita version, can't match that suspend/resume for RPGs.

Pretty good deals. Interested in these:

PS3

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
Was €39.99/AU$49.95/£29.99, now €19.99/AU$24.95/£15.99

Under Defeat HD: Deluxe Edition
Was €39.99/AU$49.95/£29.99, now €7.99/AU$11.95/£6.49

Tales of Graces f
Was €29.99/AU$44.95/£24.99, now €9.99/AU$26.95/£14.99

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Complete Edition
Was €24.99/AU$37.95/£19.99, now €7.99/AU$11.95/£6.49

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar, Slovenia)
Was €14.99/AU$22.95/£11.99, now €5.99/AU$8.95/£4.99

Mega Man 10 Complete (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €9.99/AU$14.95/£7.99, now €4.99/AU$7.55/£3.99
Additional 20% discount for PS Plus members

Mega Man 9 (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar)
Was €9.99/AU$14.95/£7.99, now €3.99/AU$5.95/£3.29
Additional 20% discount for PS Plus members

R-Type Dimensions (Discount ends 9th July)
Was £7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95, now £4.29/€5.19/AU$7.85

PS Vita/PSP:

Trails in the Sky (Discount goes live Thursday 3rd July)
Was €29.99/AU$44.95/£24.99, now €12.99/AU$19.45/£9.99

Although I'll probably drop R-Type and one or two of the fighting games.

Genki

BUT IF YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED THOSE VERSIONS YOU WON'T KNOW ANY DIFFERENT

Just sayin

Yeah, no. Fuck that. Not playing gimped versions in 2014 when I know they're significantly inferior. Action games are ruined while huge rpgs waste your time.

eh, you can't play on the vita if you have a EU account on it. it's a pain to switch account on vita.

There are some great NTSC games on EU PSN btw:
Alundra
Klonoa
Resident Evil 2
Spyro 1-3
Tomba 1+2

Probably others.

biocat

No, and there's no need for snark.

Trails is a PSP port from 2011 of a game that came out in 2004. It's something I'm more than happy to put $20 down for, but $45 is pushing it. I am a huge Persona fan and I feel the same way about the ridiculous pricing of P3P and P2:IS on the PSN store as well.

Feel free to not agree with me but there's no need to be a dick about it.

Fine. Sorry for the snark.

Maybe it's because of interned at a localization company or that I'm a really big Falcom fan, but I get a little peeved when someone feels entitled to a cheaper price on everyone's hard work because the system is unpopular or old.

ramyeon

Fine. Sorry for the snark.

Maybe it's because of interned at a localization company or that I'm a really big Falcom fan, but I get a little peeved when someone feels entitled to a cheaper price on everyone's hard work because the system is unpopular or old.
I don't think I'm entitled to anything, but the asking price of $45AU (Which is pretty much equal to $45US these days... the US PSN sells Trails for the regular price of $30US for comparison's sake) certainly wasn't making me want to buy it any time soon.

I am more than happy to put down $20 though, and I probably would have been fine with $30 too, but $45 is just a bit much in my opinion.
Do they run bordered?

I can deal with 50Hz on a turn-based RPG.
Yeah they do unfortunately. On the Vita at least you can adjust it to get rid of it, not sure about the PS3.

I do wish they'd just sell the US versions on PSN everywhere but oh well.

Top Bottom