• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN: The Big in Japan sale

Tsunamo

Some good deals, i'll be sure to grab a few things from this sale. Couple of things that strike me as odd being discounted though.
Soul Sacrifice (Discount ends 9th July)
Was £29.99/€34.99/AU$47.95, now £14.99/€19.99/AU$24.95
I know Delta came out not too long ago but you'd that they'd discount that instead of vanilla Soul Sacrifice.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Online Pass
Was €9.99/AU$14.95/£7.99, now €3.99/AU$5.95/£3.29
Does getting the game digitally not include it? Suprised they're discounting this by itself.

Persona 2/Trails In The Sky (Not available in Australia and New Zealand) (Discount goes live Thursday 3rd July)
Was €49.99/£39.99, now €21.99/£17.99
Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members
Both of the games are on PSN, seems odd for us not to have that bundle when Aus/NZ have the Persona 2/3 one.

Hmm what are the PS1 versions of the Final Fantasies pre 7 like? I need something to play for an 11 hour flight and I've never experienced any of the sprite games.
The PS1 versions are famous for their long load times and on top of that these are 50hz slowing the games down even further. If you can put up with them then you'll still get the same game but you'd probably be best opting for another version if possible.

There are some great NTSC games on EU PSN btw:
Alundra
Klonoa
Resident Evil 2
Spyro 1-3
Tomba 1+2

Probably others.
Didn't Klonoa run in 50hz despite Bandai Namco saying it was the US version? Did they ever fix that so that it's 60hz?

biocat

I don't think I'm entitled to anything, but the asking price of $45AU (Which is pretty much equal to $45US these days... the US PSN sells Trails for the regular price of $30US for comparison's sake) certainly wasn't making me want to buy it any time soon.

I am more than happy to put down $20 though, and I probably would have been fine with $30 too, but $45 is just a bit much in my opinion.
Well, for comparison, the game sells for about $30US in Japan still and it was released in 2006, not 2011. That's staying power.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0047Y0VL8/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_yn.Stb1QZ0QZD

eh, you can't play on the vita if you have a EU account on it. it's a pain to switch account on vita.

You can, I bought FF9 on the US PSN yesterday. It's a pain in the ass but if you have separate memory cards for each account it's just a matter of wasting a couple of minutes formatting the Vita when you switch.
There's no excuse for Europeans having to put up with the 50hz bullshit, no way that shit is getting my money.
Dealing with the Vita's account system sucks but I'll take that over enduring the games in slow motion any day of the week.

This looks like a pretty good sale. Does anyone know if PSN NA is supposed to have a similar sale or anything? I looked but I couldn't find any information.

I have a new copy of Trails unopened but I would like to just buy the digital and play it on the Vita.

FF7 for me, I go on vacation in a few weeks and was planning on picking it up for the trip anyways. Half off makes it all the sweeter.

Drencrom

Do yourself a service and grab Demon's Souls and Zone of the Enders (2 or the collection) now if you haven't played them!

Resident Evil Mega Bundle is a fanastic deal - just don't have the time to play any of them, so will be wasted.

Nice to see the EU is getting some decent bundles - Ni No Kuni is a must imo.

Hmm, most of it been on sale so many times, and a lot of games still expensive.

At least 3rd Birthday is back to £8, went to buy that about 18 months ago to see they had upped the price from £8 (like other PSP Essentials) to £16. Almost makes me not want to buy it with such greedy piss taking.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Great sale, I suppose I have to upgrade to a 64GB Vita card sooner than later though.
Getting P3P, Trails and maybe FF1-3 and FFX/X-2 (Already own the PS3 version but it would be nice to have on the Vita).
Damn you 50Hz PS1 games and damn you Sony and publishers who enforce it.

Ninja Dom

Just a heads up everybody, although it's in the PS3 section, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus and Sigma 2 Plus, Double Pack is the VITA version.

Also, a lovely discount on King of Fighters XIII.

Always love when there's a EU PS1 sales and people are going nuts over 50hz and saying to buy the US versions instead.

1: Is the US version on sale?
2: How do I magic the US PS1 game on to my Euro Vita?

lol

Rixa

Final Fantasy sale again you say?

0oh0szL.gif

Time to grab X/X-2 for Vita.

MLH

Time to start re-building my PSP collection on Vita!

Shame Tactics Ogre isn't on sale, I might just give in at £15.99, it's not a bad price for one of my favorite PSP games.

Always love when there's a EU PS1 sales and people are going nuts over 50hz and saying to buy the US versions instead.

1: Is the US version on sale?
2: How do I magic the US PS1 game on to my Euro Vita?

lol

Are you serious? They might not be on sale right now but they have been and will be again, besides, buying on the US store is a lot cheaper because they don't convert currency.
Playing them on a EU Vita doesn't require magic, just formatting.
Some people just like getting screwed I guess.
Do whatever the hell you want but don't criticize people for providing good and helpful advice for fuck's sake.

You have 50 hours to play a game? I'd love to have the free time you have.

Don't play daft, you get what he's saying.
A playthrough of a game that takes you 10 hours on the US version will take 12 on the EURO version, 50 will turn into 60.
It's a waste of our time and directly affects gameplay.
Why are some people defending this?
It's like the people calling this out are the bad guys here.
Sometimes people here nitpick the craziest things but playing games almost 20% below their normal speed is a non-issue?

Garibaldi

I may have to pick up the entire Resident Evil set....it mentions that it includes every Resident Evil title available on the store, but then misses Revelations off the list. I'm sure its a mistake but still...

ramyeon

Are you serious? They might not be on sale right now but they have been and will be again, besides, buying on the US store is a lot cheaper because they don't convert currency.
Playing them on a EU Vita doesn't require magic, just formatting.
Some people just like getting screwed I guess.
Do whatever the hell you want but don't criticize people for providing good and helpful advice for fuck's sake.
I am not going to buy another memory card and have to reformat my system (Which means losing all my home screen customisations and icon placements every time) every time I want to play a PS1 classic, it's just not convenient for a large amount of people.

In hindsight I do wish I had signed up for a US PSN in the first place, but I didn't do my research and I have far too many digital titles on my Australian account to switch over now, so I'll make the best of what I've got.

Xord

I am so happy that Trails in The Sky is finally on sale. A day ago i was just complaining that i really want it but 30 euros are way to much.

Top Bottom