• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN: The Big in Japan sale

Usobuko

Banned
What's with this ultra big sales. That really seems like most of the PSN Japanese games. I think it would be wiser split them up and to do a biannual sales, if that's one.

I would have bought some games if NA/Asia get the same treatment.

RytGear

Sorry if it has already been asked but when does this go live? I just checked and it isnt on my PS store, really want to buy Demons souls.

Hayabusi

So, it's time for Shadow of the Collosus and Demon's Souls.

Anything else worth picking up?
Thinking about FFX for PS3, already own it on Vita. Does that Cross Save work?

The Boat

Some tempting sales here, I don't really like to buy digital, but some prices are nearly irresistible, like Ni No Kuni.

What are the best vita discounts in peoples opinions? I don't have many of the games that are discounted, but I'm not sure I want any of them?

VegiHam

I sware, every time I'm not satisfied with the month's PS+ games there's an awesome sale. I'm just finishing up replaying P4G so I'll get P3P now, and maybe some Final Fantasies.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm ready to grab X/x-2 for vita now

A decent sale!

Labadal

Front Mission 3 and the Tales games have nice discounts but I already own them.

Is the White Knight Chronicles game for PSP any good?

Ambitious

I'd love to get FF4, FF8 and FF9, but apparently I'd have to deal with the German translations of 8 and 9. Or I could create an UK PSN account, get another Vita memory card and switch the accounts all the time. Sucks.

Well, FF4 then.

Tenshi Hauru

Neo Member
Metal Gear Rising seems to be in every sale ever, and yet the DLC remains full price :(

Which DLC are you referring to? The Bladewolf and Jetstream ones should be free. Though, that could be a US thing. I'm not certain.

SCEA needs to work with publishers to get some of these deals. I'd buy MGS and FFX HD on sale here in a heartbeat.

ZeroAKA

I know Delta came out not too long ago but you'd that they'd discount that instead of vanilla Soul Sacrifice.
SSD came out two months ago, got decent sales for a digital-only title, and is still getting free DLCs every week or two. What did you expect?

Anyways, don't buy SS vanilla. Wait for a sale on SSD if you have to.

Bittercup

Can I make a EU PSN account and use my US credit card to purchase these things? God damn it where is the US sale?
Usually that doesn't work. At least it doesn't work the other way around when buying on the US store. But you can buy PSN cards to add money to your wallet for example on amazon.co.uk or ebay (there are probably other shops as well) and pay there with your US credit card.
Just make sure the cards are for the correct region. US cards won't work and I don't think those cards are universal across the EU regions either. Better buy cards from the same region, like an UK card for an UK account.

Son Of D

Hmm what are the PS1 versions of the Final Fantasies pre 7 like? I need something to play for an 11 hour flight and I've never experienced any of the sprite games.

I've only played VI but I heard it goes for IV and V as well. VI had some bad loading times on the PS1, even going into the menu takes far longer than it should.

I've only played VI but I heard it goes for IV and V as well. VI had some bad loading times on the PS1, even going into the menu takes far longer than it should.

Yup loading/saving takes quite some time too - compared with FF9 (I bought FF1-9 in the last sale) at least which is a lot faster if I remember correct. I like the games - they are "dated", difficult but still great fun in my eyes. Maybe watch a lets play first or something.

I am gonna get FF X and X2 HD ... if that EU store updates anytime soon :)

Freddo

There are some great NTSC games on EU PSN btw:
Alundra
Klonoa
Resident Evil 2
Spyro 1-3
Tomba 1+2

Probably others.
Klonoa is unfortunately gimped on EU PSN. Sure, it's the NTSC version, but it's still running at 50Hz and it really feels too slow, both gameplay and the music. At least if you play it on the PS3, don't know if it is better if you play on PSP or Vita.

Really nice sale. What's with the Persona 2 listings, though? Is it bundled with other games in Europe? Either way, great deals for some incredibly awesome stuff (Tales and Atlus games, are the way to go!)!

Everyone go and buy Zone of the Enders 2 HD. Got it in April for the same price and it became one of my favorite games of all time.

Kinyou

All the early FFs are the pal ports right?

Also too bad that Lost planet isn't a little lower. Would have bitten at 8€

Castcoder

Banned
We had this in the US around January, did we not? I remember buying Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker for my Vita. Or was the Japanese sale in September? Can we just make a sale for the US that doesn't suck any more? I want to buy Jak, Sly, and GoW Collections for cheap, so give us a GOOD sale, Sony.

Top Bottom