• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted France to win this, but they wouldn't have if not for Heskey kicking Zidane in the cest. There was no reason to take off Rooney anyway

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
You Scots are so jealous, we'll try not to be so successful if it'll make you feel better.

I've met a few passionate Scotsman in my time and the thing that really pisses them off is that the majority of English fans will actually support Scotland as long as they aren't playing against us. Almost as if they believe that means we see them as something of a non-entity in the sporting world...which is pretty observant of them.

Zidane's free kick was wonderful, but you've got to be impressed with how England basically shut him and Henry out of the rest of the game. Pretty strange that the England attack was only ok and the defence excelled, everyone (quite reasonably) identified the attack as our strength and the defence our weakness before the game.

I love how (some) Brits blame Beckham for the loss when the fact is that England simply lost to a better team.

I'm sure theres approximately 5 million north of the border that don't care who was at fault :p If they'll blame anyone it will be Stevie Gerrard :- WTF was he thinkin?? I bet he has a few vodkas tonight... hehe :p

They did lose to a better team, and they didn't have Zidane. I remember in Euro 96, when England beat us 2 nil, we missed a penalty to equalize - and *IF * we'd scored that I reckon we'd have won... but thats fitba for ye! :p

Falch

What a match! Football wasn't always of the highest quality, but there were soon golden moments in there. I couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes after Barthez got that ball in his face. Only to Barthez could something like that happen. Impressive though that he stopped a penalty.

England was holding its own against France, and I was suprised to see the English defense playing so well. France had the upper hand at the midfield, but they couldn't turn that into scoring opportunities. Zidane seemed to have an off day.

And than they unimaginable happened. :D Zidane > Entire France + English team.

Still, looking at Croatia - Switzerland, England should place second in their group without any problems. Then they'll face the number one from group 1, probably Spain.

So tomorrow: Italy - Denmark, followed by Sweden - Bulgaria. Plz let the Danish win. :D

You Scots are so jealous, we'll try not to be so successful if it'll make you feel better.

I'm not jealous at all actually, we know our limitations and just enjoy getting to tournaments (if we can), I feel sorry for the bona-fide England supporters, because there is always a frenzy at every tournament by the media that they are going to go all the way - just setting the real fans up for a fall, because to be honest, England are good, but they're not good enough, and I think this tournament will bear this out...

Anyway what was the score last time we played?

:p

Not that it counts seeing as you won over the 2 legs, but the last Scotland England game at Wembley ever...

segasonic

COCKLES said:
How can you blame Beckham, well struck penalty saved - it's not like he sent it flying or anything.
Becks shouldn't have kicked that penalty in the first place. Barthez knows him too well!

scarybore

gollumsluvslave said:
Gooan the Zizou!

Being a Scotsman it galls me to say I actually feel sorry for the England team, but not for the pundits... Des Lynam is the biggest twat... at half time he was already talking about winning the freakin tournament... hehe his face at the end was priceless!!

However, i reckon England will still go pretty far... Rooney was quality and i was impressed with King...

But hail Zidane : it's that kind of quality under pressure that got him the top European player of the past 50 years, though I still think Kenny Dalglish shoulda been top :p

As a fellow Scot, I agree with this post :)

The last 3 minutes produced the most hilarious results i've seen in a pub for a long time (the last time being when I was in France when they won the world cup). Never have I seen us praise a french man so much, or heard people bizzarely utter "beckham took a curve ball up up his arse a good one!". My English parents were gutting themselves aswell, probably spurred on by the fact English fans made themselves look complete twats again with their chants to the swiss (tho admittably a minority).

I do feel sorry for the team (tho my laughter is currently cancelling that out), but you do seem to hype yourselfs up so high all you can do is fall on your arse. I gloriously await the children in tears pictures in the tabloids tomorrow.

Mama Smurf

Bah, that game sucked. Sad to say it (well, not really, pretty ambivalent on the subject), but Scotland have gone downwhill from what was even then a relatively weak team. It wasn't too long ago that it'd be fair to say you were just edging out the Irish as the second best home nation, but now...the Welsh and the Irish are ahead of you. You'd beat Northern Ireland, but that's not exactly tough.

If it's not jealousy, why so happy England lost? I'm unaware of any great friendship between Scotland and France, so surely England are the closer team to you, the one to support. Or you don't have to support anyone other than Scotland, I just don't see why it's so good England lost.

I'm probably overreacting, I guess it just gets to me a bit. Like when people were hating Man U so much when they were winning everything. God forbid that it was ever because of jealousy, it was always because there supporters didn't live in Manchester or some other crap. Now I'm no fan of Utd, but it was bullshit, no one would have given a flying fuck either way about Utd if they hadn't been so successful.

EDIT: Maybe I should be talking to him ^, that's the sort of jealousy I mean!

Fifty

England fans have every right to be depressed/angry/whatever after today's debacle :p

Edit: He's from Vancouver.

scarybore

Mama Smurf said:
Bah, that game sucked. Sad to say it (well, not really, pretty ambivalent on the subject), but Scotland have gone downwhill from what was even then a relatively weak team. It wasn't too long ago that it'd be fair to say you were just edging out the Irish as the second best home nation, but now...the Welsh and the Irish are ahead of you. You'd beat Northern Ireland, but that's not exactly tough.

If it's not jealousy, why so happy England lost? I'm unaware of any great friendship between Scotland and France, so surely England are the closer team to you, the one to support. Or you don't have to support anyone other than Scotland, I just don't see why it's so good England lost.

I'm probably overreacting, I guess it just gets to me a bit. Like when people were hating Man U so much when they were winning everything. God forbid that it was ever because of jealousy, it was always because there supporters didn't live in Manchester or some other crap. Now I'm no fan of Utd, but it was bullshit, no one would have given a flying fuck either way about Utd if they hadn't been so successful.

EDIT: Maybe I should be talking to him ^, that's the sort of jealousy I mean!

Heh for me its a friendly rivalry with my english family, as only my brother and sister are Scottish. Also as I mention in my other post you ALWAYS set yourselfs up for a fall, and if when a tournament is on when Scotland actually gets through (hee haw) the BBC always seem to belive we would like to watch a 1966 documentary presented by john motson in a Dr Who stylee.

Never the less its only a game (and I wouldnt support any of the home nations as if you cant do it 100% why bother? Also I regard myself as Scottish, not British whether that be for better or for worse :)) but I imagine Heskey will get yet another balling from the press.

Socreges

Banned
I'm from Vancouver, BC.

What does it matter where I'm from? Did you immediately suspect Scotland because I felt you were overreacting (psst, he never said he was happy that they lost. where the hell did you get that from?)?

Volt

So tomorrow's games : any predictions ?

I'm thinking Italy should do great against Denmark.. Denmark will have to make do withouh both Gravesen and Gronkjaer, and although Rommedahl and Sand are decent attackers, I don't think they'll manage to break through the Azuri's defence.
Italy on the other hand, have everything to prove. Too bad Trappatoni isn't deploying Cassano and Gattuso from the start, but with an offense consisting of Del Piero, Totti, Camaranesi and Vieri, they should have no trouble creating a lot of chances at least !

-> Denmark (0) - (1) Italy (Totti '32)

Sweden - Bulgaria may actually end up being a very exciting game. Bulgaria is one of the most severly underestimated opponents (Greece being the other one) in this tournament, and although I like to see young Swedish team take it, I'm not all that confident they will. Bulgaria have a very well organized team with a lo of midfielders that can play on offense, when they possess the ball. Sweden should be able to beat them, though, if they manage to keep Bulgaria from playing their own game.

-> Sweden (2) (Kallstrom '22; Ibrahimovic '76) - (1) Bulgaria ('Stilian Petrov '49)

Mama Smurf

Socreges said:
I'm from Vancouver, BC.

What does it matter where I'm from? Did you immediately suspect Scotland because I felt you were overreacting (psst, he never said he was happy that they lost. where the hell did you get that from?)?

No, but you seem to have immediately suspected I suspected that for some reason.

I asked because I wanted to know how you'd react to this sort of thing, or if you were American I'd have said how you were used to it as everyone hates you.

But you're Canadian so...I really don't know about your rivalries.

As for where I got the idea he was happy they lost, he did give a shout out to Zidane straight away and then said it galled him to say he felt sorry for the English team. I took that as him not liking England, though I can see now how it could be read differently.

why so happy England lost? I'm unaware of any great friendship between Scotland and France, so surely England are the closer team to you, the one to support. Or you don't have to support anyone other than Scotland, I just don't see why it's so good England lost.

Mama Smurf, no offence, I was really just f*ckin witcha - like I said before, I really do feel sorry for the England players, and (most) of the fans. But Des Lynam, John Motson and all the other patronising pricks that we have no choice to listen to can get it up them! :p

That being said, it's just a football thing that is pretty much ingrained in the majority of Scots - we are used to losing (a lot more so recently as you pointed out, tho I'm hopeful that will change ove the next year as some of the youngesters gel together; players like Fletcher, McFadden & John Kennedy give me hope), and after losing we like to laugh at England... it's the way I grew up - it's not nice, but it's not really nasty - after all it's only a
game eh?

So why so happy? A date really : 1966.

All the English media, every tournament is expecting another 1966... it's as annoying to us north of the border as our gloating over your defeats probably is to you... :p

There's always something on the telly about 66 everytime there is a new tournament... like it's freakin old already...

It would just be nice to see some sense of realism at one tournament...
I bet the crucifixions start tomorrow - Gerrard, Beckham... the media will heat it up...

And as I said I think that sucks - the weight of pressure on those lads is just too much...

Mama Smurf

It's okay, I did overreact. I didn't see half time so I'm not sure what Des said (don't like him much myself, Gary Lineker's much better and Gabby is faaaaaar better), but I remember John Motson before the tournament saying he didn;t fancy England. He listed something like 5 possibilites and England wasn't one of them.

It's the tabloids' fault, the tossers always blow everything out of proportion. I think you'd find most England fans hopeful, but realistic. But of course, the headlines scream out with patriotic pride and the only fans you see on TV are the ones who are going to the game, and if you're passionate to pay to go to Portugal to see the team play, you're probably not going to want to hear a word against them.

and I wouldnt support any of the home nations as if you cant do it 100% why bother?

IAWTP

Well said!

And it's not just an English 1966 thing either - if I have to hear another mention of Celtic Lisbon Lions from 1967 on my deathbed it will be too soon :p

Solid

Volt said:
So tomorrow's games : any predictions ?
Denmark - Italy 0-2 (Totti, Vieri)
Sweden - Bulgaria 2-0 (Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Larsson)

Seriously, Zlatan is one of the top forwards in this tournament. Be sure to keep an extra eye on him. He will be playing in golden shoes (like Ronaldo did) :D

Socreges

Banned
No, but you seem to have immediately suspected I suspected that for some reason.
Yes, because that's an unusual response to what I said.

But yeah, I really don't have any biases. Being Canadian and no strong ties to my ancestors, I can view the Euros fairly objectively. Admittedly, though, I'm kind of cheering against England and France, but that doesn't mean I'm going to give them an unfair rap. For instance, I can say without regret:

"I wasn't cheering for either team to begin with, but I was pulling for France once England went up. Their comeback made for one of the most incredible games I've ever seen."

and then

"I actually think England played the better game; just not by much. It may have been misleading that they played very defensively in the second half. The thing is that their defense was so strong. France only placed true pressure on them during one sequence in the 88th minute."

Predictions for tomorrow:

1-0 Italy
2-1 Bulgaria

Gabby is faaaaaar better

He speaks the truth.

gabby_yorath055.jpg

Mama Smurf

Deathcraze said:
(and I wouldnt support any of the home nations as if you cant do it 100% why bother?

I can see what you're saying and how a lot of people can feel like that, but I like to support a team no matter who's playing. Often it's completely random, I mean, do I really care if Porto or Monaco win, but I find some reason (Porto, I've been on holiday to Portugal). So when a home nation comes up, I'll support them, for the obvious reasons.

For what it's worth I want Spain to win cos I'm a Real Madrid fan...some of the reason why I'm chuffed for Zidane as well :p

And it's a long story why I'm a Madrid fan... something to do with a 7-3 European cup final at Hampden Park... what a game!

scarybore

gollumsluvslave said:
IAWTP

Well said!

And it's not just an English 1966 thing either - if I have to hear another mention of Celtic Lisbon Lions from 1967 on my deathbed it will be too soon :p

Heh definitely, its enough to drive you mad!

Mama Smurf said:
I can see what you're saying and how a lot of people can feel like that, but I like to support a team no matter who's playing. Often it's completely random, I mean, do I really care if Porto or Monaco win, but I find some reason (Porto, I've been on holiday to Portugal). So when a home nation comes up, I'll support them, for the obvious reasons.

Well thats your prerogative, and I respect that but I just dont see it that way especially with national football.

Mama Smurf said:
But you're Canadian so...I really don't know about your rivalries.
We have a fierce rivalry with the opposing net, but we're usually lucky enough to avoid it every time during tournament play.

edit:

vittu.jpg

Hahahahahahaha!!!

That's rich, Mike.

Anyway, what an amazing finish to a hard fought game.

The english team and its fans shouldn't feel that bad. Of course, a loss like this hurts a lot, but they did one hell of a job containing a superior team for 90 minutes. Lady luck just wasn't on their side in stoppage time.

Plus France's effort deserved some kind of reward, eventhough the tie would've been fair enough IMO.

Oh yeah...

I'm Zizou's bitch!!!

=p

Hooker

Deepthroat said:
Seriously, Zlatan is one of the top forwards in this tournament. Be sure to keep an extra eye on him. He will be playing in golden shoes (like Ronaldo did) :D
Yet he consistantly underperforms at Ajax, I think you give him a bit too much credit here. As a comparison, 3 of the 4 Dutch strikers are way ahead of him (van Nistelrooy, Kluivert & Makaay)

My predictions for today?
Denmark Italy: 2 - 2 (Tomasson Helveg - Totti(2))
Sweden Bulgaria: 2 - 1 (Ljunberg Larsson - Berbatov)

Mr Gump

Banned
All i could think about when beckham stepped up to take the penalty kick was the visage of him sending it flying against turkey in their final group game prior to euro. While that didnt exactly happen, it was the same result. Beckham's last two kicks from the spot now for england have gone astray.

Those last two minutes broke me. Gerrad's error was just pathethic. There was no need to play it that 'safe' back to James. He should of just belted the fuck out of it upfield.

Maverick

God damn. Of course I didn't get to see the game here in the states, but it seems like it was a fantastic game. I'm a huge fan of Rooney and it seems like he played his damn heart out.

I still believe they'll go through.

DSN2K

there was violence in london last night :(

400 fans went on a rampage and smashed up the town centre and 2 officers were hurt..

Kseutron

College Dropout said:
God damn. Of course I didn't get to see the game here in the states, but it seems like it was a fantastic game. I'm a huge fan of Rooney and it seems like he played his damn heart out.

I still believe they'll go through.

well it was the best game of the euro 2004 so far

Solid

Hooker said:
Yet he consistantly underperforms at Ajax, I think you give him a bit too much credit here. As a comparison, 3 of the 4 Dutch strikers are way ahead of him (van Nistelrooy, Kluivert & Makaay)
YOU YOU INFIDEL!!!

Just wait and see, he will own tonight :p

But yes, van Nistelrooy and Makaay is better. Not Kluivert though imo. He's been on the bench in Barcelona for the whole season and ain't as good as he used to be. I will be very surprised if he's on the pitch tomorrow against Germany.

cja

Ah gad, being English it feels worse the day after, the events have started to sink in. How many games does a team come from behind to win in injury time? Must be a one in five hundred time event, if not a thousand. I now know what being a Bayern Munich fan must have felt like. At least The Times agreed with my assessment of the England performance, 5 for the non-existant Owen and only a 6 for the "subdued" Beckham.

Kseutron said:
well it was the best game of the euro 2004 so far

it will stay that way. i doubt many will be as thrilling.

it played out like a soap operah.

If england meet france in the final. That game will be the most incredible in the whole of Football history. A revenge match within the same tournament.

oha and fuck you mike o' canada. everyone was certain we'd won untill 2 minutes of the one-man-band. they had a right to think we'd won when 90mins of football had been played and france had all their shots from outside the box.

COCKLES

being watched
DSN2K said:
there was violence in london last night :(

400 fans went on a rampage and smashed up the town centre and 2 officers were hurt..

Sounds like an average Sunday night in London to me. :D

I was in Devon on the southcoast during Japan World Cup, a load of boozy England fans tried to overturn our van while we were in it...despite the England flag on the back. :/ Probably because we ran over their ball earlier on in the evening..tee hee.

I think destiny points towards a France vs England final now. This defeat should put England in Terminator mode - the team shouldn't bother returning home unless they sweep aside Switzerland / Crotia in convincing fashion.

This made me laugh:- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2914&item=3683207192&rd=1

Hooker

otheranthony-ns said:
it will stay that way. i doubt many will be as thrilling.

it played out like a soap operah.

If england meet france in the final. That game will be the most incredible in the whole of Football history. A revenge match within the same tournament.
Pfff, hardly!

Like I said before, the match was okay, nothing more, nothing less. The ending was just a climax. We haven't seen Zidane, Henry, Pires etc. on the game at all. We've seen Henry once and Zidane twice. Both actions being conclusive to the outcome of the game.

You give your country too much credit, no harm in that as I do the same to some extend. You have to be a bit more realistic though. For example, Holland - Germany is a bigger match than France - England. You do not want to know the rivalry and history between these two countries. Yes, the game will probably suck as Germany is not a fun team to watch (their game is disrupting the other team) but the emotional value of this match is what makes it soo good.

The (hypothetically) most incredible game on paper!? Spain, Holland, France. One of these teams going against eachother. The most offensive minded teams in this tournament without a killer defense :)

COCKLES

being watched
Is Bergkamp playing for Holland or has he retired. In the UK they had the 100 greatest World Cup moments on TV voted by the public over the weekend. Bergy's incredible goal against Argentina was voted no. 7.

Full list was:-

100 One man and his dog (Greaves) 1962
99 Amokachi scores vs Greece 1994
98 Alf Ramsey loses it vs Argentina 1966
97 English hooligans riot in Marseille 1998
96 Norwegian commentator goes mental 1981
95 Gerd Muller scores the winner vs Holland 1974
94 Clive Thomas disallows a Brazilian goal 1978
93 Helmut Haller nicks the hat-trick ball 1966
92 Prince Fahid of Kuwait stops the game against France 1982
91 Butcher's blood 1989
90 Scotland on collision course for disaster 1982
89 The World Cup first Celebrity Couple: Bobby and Tina Moore 1966
88 El Loco goes on the rampage 1978
87 The World Cup's greatest hair 1998
86 Dr Socrates 1982
85 Alartichoechea's impossible save 1986
84 Bad offical world cup song:Austria 1998
83 Gerry Armstrong scores for N Ireland 1982
82 Pickles finds the cup 1966
81 Ally's Tartan Army 1978
80 Pele bursts onto the scene 1958
79 Welsh rarebit 1958
78 Waddle nearly changes the course of history 1990
77 Bobby Moore on a charge (bracelet) 1970
76 Pak Do Ik sends Italy home 1966
75 Bryan Robson scores the fastest goal 1982
74 Bonetti's blunders 1970
73 Iran beat the Great Satan 1998
72 Bobby Charlton's screamer against Mexico 1966
71 Klinsmann scores against South Korea 1994
70 Pele: the wilderness years 1962-66
69 The Reggae Boyz finest hour 1998
68 All Italian hero Toto Schillaci 1990
67 Keegan's fluff 1982
66 Worst unofficial world cup song: Dutch 1986
65 Ray Wilkins goes butch 1986
64 Germany's nemesis Letchkov 1994
63 Unlikely Irish hero Jack Charlton 1990
62 Accidentally on purpose: John Robinson's free kick 1982
61 Negrete's scissor kick vs Bulgaria 1986
60 Paolo Rossi beats Brazil 1982
59 They call it soccer: USA 1994 1994
58 Klinsmann dives for his country 1990
57 Hagi's magic 1994
56 The Mexican Wave 1986
55 Jairzinho runs rings around the Czechs 1970
54 A matter of life and death (Escobar) 1994
53 The Portugese Man O'War: Eusebio 1966
52 Underdogs Cameroon nearly beat England 1990
51 Arie Haan goes for broke 1978
50 Michael Owen, England's youngest scorer 1998
49 The worst foul ever: Schumacher on Battiston 1982
48 Kempes picks the path to glory 1978
47 Lineker's hat-trick vs Poland 1986
46 Graham Taylor does not like that 1993
45 Zico silences Scotland 1982
44 Germany records the worst ever official song 1994
43 The great Brazilian bender, Nelinho 1978
42 Bobby Charlton gets England to the final 1966
41 Battle of the giants: Rivaldo beats Schmeichel 1998
40 The ultimate spat: Rijkaard vs Voller 1990
39 The best world cup song - World in Motion 1990
38 Solo Said Owairan 1994
37 Josimar deceives Jennings 1986
36 Narey scores against Brazil 1982
35 Bobby Moore's tackle on Jairzinho 1970
34 David Beckham's first goal for England 1998
33 Halfway to paradise: Pele's lob vs Czechoslovakia 1970
32 Can we fix it? Germany and Austria collude 1982
31 David Batty misses his penalty 1998
30 Duck! Rivelino vs E Germany 1974
29 The Battle of Santiago 1962
28 Eder's sweetest dummy lest Falcao score 1982
27 Will he? Won't he? The mystery of Ronaldo 1998
26 The divine pony tails misses vs Brazil 1994
25 Maradona's disgrace 1994
24 Higuita over-reaches himself 1990
23 Did it cross the line? (Hurst) 1966
22 Maradona beats Belgium 1986
21 Beckham flips vs Argentina 1998
20 Platt's wonder goal 1990
19 Tardelli's over the moon 1982
18 Houghton's goal vs Italy 1994
17 Zaire's charge 1974
16 Better than sex: Gemmill's goal against Holland 1978
15 Pele reaches the summit 1970
14 Water water everywhere (Charlton pitchside row) 1994
13 The greatest ever save: Banks from Pele 1970
12 The Cruyff turn 1974
11 Gazza's tears 1990
10 Ireland's greatest moment: penalty shout out vs Romania 1990
9 Pele's dummy vs Uruguay 1970
8 The Hand of God 1986
7 Only Bergkamp can do this 1998
6 England's worst moment: Pearce/Waddle miss 1990
5 The greatest team goal: Brazil's last vs Italy 1970
4 Some people are on the pitch 1966
3 Germany 1-5 England 2001
2 Michael Owen's goal against Argentina 1998
1 Maradona's second goal against England 1986

Hooker

He has retired after Euro2000 :(

We need him!! Dennis the Menace should have won at least 1 cup :(

EDIT: Where is arguably the best goal ever scored in a European Championship. Marco "San Marco" van Basten's second goal against the Sovjet Union in '88 :mad:

Kseutron

Spain - Portugal is gonna be a huge huge game :) can't wait to see it

oh and by the way, remember ?

upload_161058.jpg

looks like someone was overconfident :D

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Damn, this is getting so exciting! I've had this feeling all day, a tension in the air. Maybe it's just me, but it feels like everyone I see here in Sweden are preparing for the game tonight! :D
I've been watching the official Swedish Euro 2004 music video to get in the right mood (yes, Markoolio is silly, but I can help but getting hooked on this song lol).
I'm hoping Sweden will win tonight of course, and in my heart I think they will too. But I'm still too afraid to guess at anything better than a draw. Call it the Swedish underdog modesty. :) hehe

And I hope Denmark can shake the Italian team around a bit, just for the hell of it. :p

Anyway, can't wait!!!!

I must say i was kind of shocked to see one of the gratest players i've ever seen play look like this.

Thomas Brollin before

BROLIN_Tomas_19940605_NF_L.jpg

After

SPORT-22s40brollan.jpg

God what happened to such a prolific player?

oh and Martin Dahlin was just amazing alongside Brollin

DAHLIN_Martin_19940605_NF_L.jpg

I wonder what he's been up to these days

Prine

Banned
Im still trying to recover.. 89 minutes, one nil England, 93 minutes 2-1 France.

:( How utterly depressing

[damage control] France are one of the best teams in the world, so the loss doesnt seem all that bad[/damage control]

Rooney was incredible, sometimes, too much for France to handle.

Falch

Yeah, it was despressing if you're English. ;)

Anyway, heads up, England should have no problem placing second in their group.

Plz, let the Danish kick some Italian ass. :D

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Brolin quit football and started selling vacuum cleaners, and also opened up a pub in Stockholm IIRC. He also went to many celebrity parties here in Sweden. I heard from a friend of mine that he usually was trying to pick up a lot of ladies. ;)

I saw him recently in a Swedish TV channel making pretty pointless comments during and in-between football games.

Kiriku said:
Brolin quit football and started selling vacuum cleaners, and also opened up a pub in Stockholm IIRC. He also went to many celebrity parties here in Sweden. I heard from a friend of mine that he usually was trying to pick up a lot of ladies. ;)

I saw him recently in a Swedish TV channel making pretty pointless comments during and in-between football games.

Must be depression?

Falch

This is Italy's starting squad: Buffon; Panucci, Nesta, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Zanetti, Perrotta; Camoranesi, Totti, Del Piero; Vieri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom