• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Gump

Banned
England wont lose to Croatia. It just wont happen.

Very interested to see the Italy - Sweeden game now that Totti is out. Been a fan of italy for a while but ive always liked Sweeden since the days of Thomas Brolin, Martin Dhalin and Kenett Anderson.

italy_wins_the_cup.jpg

BRING IT ON SWEDEN WOOOOO

VIVA ITALIA

Solid

Sweden win today, 1-0. I'm happy with a tie though, that makes the final game against Denmark very important.

Forsete

Either tie or Sweden wins.

Heja Sverige friskt humör!

"From the wrath of the Northmen, O Lord, deliver us!"

cja

Underestimate Italy at your peril!

Bulgaria vs Denmark first up, hardly a glamour game but it could be rather enjoyable. If Denmark stuff 'em then you Swedes may be a little less confident going into tonights game :)

Hooker

I hope Grønkjær scores for Denmark :)

And go Sweden indeed. At least their games will be more fun to watch than Italy's

Hooker

If Sweden beat Italy Denmark is almost sure to go through, kicking Italy out

Sweden will have already qualified so they will rest their best players, making a Denmark victory/draw much more likely

Not really, should be a very close match.

Not a great match at the moment. Something of a non-event, hopefully Bulgaria will fluke a goal so the Danes have to up it a bit. Looking forward to tonights game though. I'll stick my neck out and go for 1-1. ;)

Maverick

This game should be a fun one to watch. And yes, it is my first live game that I get to see here in the states.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

GO Sweden.

cja

Bulgaria were awful, they didn't even have a go. Difficult to know who is the worst team of the tournament with Russia being equally lamentable. :p

Hooker

Mike, you don't even know the names of the team. You're one lousy football fan!!

Oh, it's not VIVA ITALIA, It's FORZA ITALIA... moron :p Now where's my tag :D

Hooker

Man, that was one nasty foul! He could have given red for it.

I liked the way Vieri dived though, beaten in the sprint so lets make a schwalbe and try to get a free kick out of it. Fucking wanker!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I'm only listening to the match through radio, but it seems like it's turning out almost as I thought. Sweden are playing defense, defense, defense. But they rarely get (or take?) a chance to counterattack. They just keep hitting the ball away, while the Italians goes on attack over and over again. Sweden are being pushed back.

With that said, Italy are playing really good. Denmark should consider themselves lucky to face Italy in their first match. It wasn't all luck to get a draw against Italy of course, but Italy are playing much better against Sweden. Seems like it's true what people say: Italy are a slow-starting team, but they get better as the tournaments progress.

Anyway, I hope Sweden can come up with something during half-time. It doesn't look good right now, although they had a couple of chances to score (although Italy had a lot more).

Forsete

Charles said:
I wonder were all the Sweden supporters are right now...

Right here, the Italian team is having its Roman Empire era now.. But fear not fellow supporter, for the Germanic barbarians are closing in making the Roman Empire crack in its joints.

They will crumble.

Faremo capricciosa di voi. Forza Svezia ZUU!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Charles said:
I wonder where all the Sweden supporters are right now...

FORZA ITALIA :D

I support Sweden as always! And I've always believed it would be a surprise if Sweden would beat Italy, while a draw would be a good result.
But still, GO SWEDEN! :D

ourumov said:
I think Italy is playing very bad in this 2nd half...There is lag of control and posession.
Yes, Italy definitely was the superior team in the first half, but now that the game's opening up, Sweden's really pooring it on.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
If I understood the situation right, Sweden got four forwards playing right now. Ibrahimovic, Larsson, Allbäck and Jonsson. Good to see they're really trying, at least. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom