• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Just saw the replay (thanks Sunhi!) -- it wasn't quite as bad as you guys indicated. His first touch certainly didn't do him any favors but a goal from that angle would have been absolutely incredible.

Bo-Locks

Gerrard is on the pitch, right? Best England player since Charlton. England central midfield is getting completely dominated. I am shocked.

Young and the Ox look quite dangerous.

Just saw the replay (thanks Sunhi!) -- it wasn't quite as bad as you guys indicated. His first touch certainly didn't do him any favors but a goal from that angle would have been absolutely incredible.

No it wouldn't. That was a very easy chance. He put himself off balance for some reason.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
to be fair to Milner that's not his range and he didn't do himself favors with that first touch. not many strikers could've put it on goal at that angle and the way his body was twisting him down.

which points the obvious - he ain't a striker :p

City should sell him because he isn't fitting in with the absolutely incredible image the Sheikh's want to build at the Etihad.

Meier

No it wouldn't. That was a very easy chance. He put himself off balance for some reason.

That might very well be true, but that's a shot from like a 70 degree angle when he recovers the ball from the first touch. Again, it was a mistake, but based on the text I was reading, it wasn't as bad as it read. The goal was open but the angle of his eventual shot (which was not a good one) was undeniably tough.

Meier

City should sell him because he isn't fitting in with the absolutely incredible image the Sheikh's want to build at the Etihad.

Obviously you're taking the piss, but he really is the exact opposite of a Nasri. He's clearly down the pecking order but there haven't been any stories out and about of him complaining of playing time (Johnson has been disappointed about this and understandably so) and he's not one to take shots at other teams. He's a model teammate, he just was overpriced and isn't really good enough to crack the Starting 11 on the squad so I'm all for shipping him off.

That might very well be true, but that's a shot from like a 70 degree angle when he recovers the ball from the first touch. Again, it was a mistake, but based on the text I was reading, it wasn't as bad as it read. The goal was open but the angle of his eventual shot (which was not a good one) was undeniably tough.
It's pretty simple. He should have scored. He didn't. It's a big miss.

Obviously you're taking the piss, but he really is the exact opposite of a Nasri. He's clearly down the pecking order but there haven't been any stories out and about of him complaining and he's not one to take shots at other teams. He's a model teammate, he just was overpriced and isn't really good enough to crack the Starting 11 on the squad so I'm all for shipping him off.
Haha yes, I was just messing. Milner's a good squad player to have for any team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom