• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bet $500 on Greece tomorrow. Holy fuck I'm so pumped. ELLAS OLE OLE, ELLAS OLE OLE, DEN STAMATO NA TRAGOUDO POTE
Nice!

Got my Italy and Greece flag hanging outside my house right now. Surrounded by Portugal flag from one neighbor on my left and a Germany flag by the the neighbor on my right. Also got a French flag two houses down as well. My neighborhood is always quite colorful during major tournaments.

dc89

Dunno if this is already posted but Van Bommel says Dutch players were subjected to racism during a open training session.

"It's a real disgrace, especially after getting back from Auschwitz, that we are confronted by this. We will take it up with Uefa and if happens during matches we will talk to the referee and ask to leave the field."

When a Dutch journalist said he had not heard the abuse, Van Bommel replied: "You need to open your ears. If you did hear it and you don't want to hear it, it's even worse."

Independent

England have a open training session today.

kitch9

Banned
world cup game > random qualification match

Yeah, whatever.... You got crushed in your own back yard, and then got gifted a no goal that was in the World Cup. It was a tough game the one you mention, but England were asked to score an extra goal than you guys just to draw.

Its impossible to say what would have happened to both teams confidence if that goal was allowed, but it was clear to see the effect of it being disallowed had on both teams. It pickles my mind that in this era of technology, fundamental mistakes like that can be made which have a massive influence on the outcome of the match.

Blablurn

Yeah, whatever.... You got crushed in your own back yard, and then got gifted a no goal that was in the World Cup. It was a tough game the one you mention, but England were asked to score an extra goal than you guys just to draw.

Its impossible to say what would have happened to both teams confidence if that goal was allowed, but its clear to see the effect of it being disallowed had on both teams.

wembley was not a goal either

Its impossible to say what would have happened to both teams confidence if that goal was allowed, but it was clear to see the effect of it being disallowed had on both teams. It pickles my mind that in this era of technology, fundamental mistakes like that can be made which have a massive influence on the outcome of the match.

1966 called ;)

kitch9

Banned
wembley was not a goal either

If you are referring to the 1966 world cup then that footage has been examined for decades and you know what, it probably wasn't is the conclusion after all these years, but its STILL controversial so that says its close enough for me. It was 1966 and they had nothing like the tech we have now...... The no goal at the last world cup was nearly 2 feet over the line and couldn't been any more of a goal.

The ref gifted you the match, simple as that.

Where can I watch it online? Sadly don't have my usual TV access for Euro Cup.

Depends on where you live I guess. Here it's on the public TV so everybody can watch it. On-line as well but that's probably country restricted.

If you live in the US I don't have a clue where you watch it legally on-line.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Too hyped up too sleep. I can't wait for the football orgy on Saturday and Sunday when there's also South American WC Qualifiers along with matches from this tourney.

GorillaJu

My assistant keeps telling me to give the captaincy to Sneijder, but I reckon Lewandowski will perform better in the first round.

Mine keeps telling me to give it to RVP. He doesn't understand the value of a differential - when 30% of people who play the game all go for one guy...

I want a new assistant manager.

hEist

my bets:

Poland - Greece 1:0
Russia - Czech Republic 1:0
Netherlands - Denmark 2:0
Germany- Portugal 1:0
Spain - Italy 2:0
Ireland - Croatia 0:1
France - England 1:0
Ukraine - Sweden 0:2

let's go.

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-08%20at%2012.52.18.png

CassSept

Waaa? Poland look like a great team this year. Can't wait to see what the Dortmund trio can pull off on the international stage!

Yeah, Dortmund trio is our hope but I doubt that, as good as it is, it can save us from mediocrity. On a whole the team is very unpolished and uneven and national team's performance over this year was very average (even more so as we had no great opponents to gauge our team).

Still, I hope they can break through and surprise us all. I certainly believe they can, but looking at our past performances in international tournaments I'm just disillusioned.

Pre

I'm so fucking excited for today. USA starts World Cup qualification and the Euros start. It's a good day.

I'm throwing my lot in with England. I don't expect them to do shit, honestly. Germany or the Netherlands will win it all.

my bets:

Poland - Greece 1:0
Russia - Czech Republic 1:0
Netherlands - Denmark 2:0
Germany- Portugal 1:0
Spain - Italy 2:0
Ireland - Croatia 0:1
France - England 1:0
Ukraine - Sweden 0:2

let's go.

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-08%20at%2012.52.18.png
Good predictions except Spain ain't scoring 2 goals on Italy. lol @ that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom