• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Spain's pressing is brilliant. Ireland have no time on the ball.

Impressed with Torres too, done better than Fabregas in the first match IMO

bjaelke

Commentator almost had a stroke thanks to Keane's chance
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Spain should have scored more by now, playing some excellent football, just haven't been able to finish some of their chances.

And this is why I disagree with Meus. They aren't clinical enough, they're happy to fuck about for 5 hours with the ball. Torres is the only one looking to score.

Brinbe

Well, that final minute was a little more interesting. Too bad there wasn't more of that.

And despite the Spanish possession, Ireland constantly have a lot of men defending in the box, so I don't think the current scoreline is too surprising. Once Ireland open up more, there'll be better chances to come.

Lads.

We're absolute shit.

Lets not forget that UEFA want to expand the tournament to 24 teams.

If we're able to qualify for this 16 team tournament then can you imagine the shite that will be in the Euros when its expanded?

Just have a look at the WC with countries like Saudi Arabia or Jamaica in the last years.
Ireland is way better than that.
And Euro >>> WC, if comes to the niveau.

Desmond

We could really have done with Roy Keane in his prime for this game.

He would have had an answer to Xavi and Busquets.

Hopefully He would have demolished Busquets . Waste of Oxygen that lad imo sadly . The thought of Xavi vs Keane is making me hot and bothered.

Clegg

Hopefully He would have demolished Busquets . Waste of Oxygen that lad imo sadly . The thought of Xavi vs Keane is making me hot and bothered.

Busquets is a horrible diver but he's genuinely one of the best players on the planet.

He's the best defensive midfielder in the world too.

Meier

Kabouter: Not sure if you have the ability to do this, but NimbleDave from NimbleBit made an account to participate in the Pocket Planes thread.. are you able to push him through? Or can you give a heads up to Evilore to do so perhaps?

Thanks!

Desmond

Busquets is a horrible diver but he's genuinely one of the best players on the planet.

He's the best defensive midfielder in the world too.

I've never once seen him do anything particularly special.....To be honest, there's hardly other Bid Name DMs at the mo is there? Hell, Scotty Parker is a better DM than him

bjaelke

CastrolEDGEfootball ‏@castrolfootball
HT: Xavi and Xabi Alonso (106) have completed more passes (excl. crosses) than the whole #IRL team put together (104) in the first half.

Wilbur

Banned
I've never once seen him do anything particularly special.....To be honest, there's hardly other Bid Name DMs at the mo is there? Hell, Scotty Parker is a better DM than him

The point is he doesn't do anything special. He mops up, he's there to receive passes and give passes, he makes space for himself and other players, he makes the key transition from defence to midfield. He's genuinely one of the most intelligent players I've seen in football.

Kabouter

Kabouter: Not sure if you have the ability to do this, but NimbleDave from NimbleBit made an account to participate in the Pocket Planes thread.. are you able to push him through? Or can you give a heads up to Evilore to do so perhaps?

Thanks!

EviLore just pushed it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom