• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. I think FIFA only does that when it's violent behaviour. Like if a player headbutts another player and no one noticed or if a player shouts slurs etc. There has been a lot of shady officiating throughout the years and usually FIFA won't do much if goes according to keikaku. The South-Korea vs Italy game in 2002 comes to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddUKHMLAckE
I hope that asshole is getting a beat down in prison. Crazy it's been 10 years already since that world cup. Very fresh memories of that match.

Big-E

I hope that asshole is getting a beat down in prison. Crazy it's been 10 years already since that world cup. Very fresh memories of that match.

IIRC, I was waking up so early for the games like 3 or 4 AM and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Me and my dad were just livid throughout but at least justice was served later.

EDIT: Watching that old video of all the shit in the two Korea games just makes your blood boil. Hilarious to think about that Italy and Spain won the following WCs. Karma is a bitch.

Facism

Gold Member
Balotelli just looks like he couldn't give a shit. One of those strikers that is completely anonymous unless 10 other men do all the work for him.

Essentially, he's that dickhead that got put in your group assignments at uni and did no work, but shared the 70+% marks you got.

2002 was the worst WC ever... especially since I was sleeping through most of it LOL

reverse-1276595378_vuvuzela.gif

Nyx

According to Dutch media, Bert Van Marwijk stays as coach, but he will drop the following players for the qualification for the WC in 2014:

- Mark van Bommel
- Khalid Boulahrouz
- John Heitinga
- Joris Mathijsen
- Rafael van der Vaart
- Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

xbhaskarx

According to Dutch media, Bert Van Marwijk stays as coach, but he will drop the following players for the qualification for the WC in 2014:

- Mark van Bommel
- Khalid Boulahrouz
- John Heitinga
- Joris Mathijsen
- Rafael van der Vaart
- Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

Wow. Link?

- Mark van Bommel
- Khalid Boulahrouz
- John Heitinga
- Joris Mathijsen
- Rafael van der Vaart
- Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
I rather see van Marwijk quit. This is pretty bullshit. Huntelaar and van der Vaart were right to comlpain, because van Persie plays like shit for the Dutch team since before the WC2010, and Affelay had played what, 20 minutes for Barcelona since returning from his injury? And yet they get to play despite piss poor performances, while Huntelaar made the most goals during the qualifying rounds and van der Vaart had a great season.

Nyx

I rather see van Marwijk quit. This is pretty bullshit. Huntelaar and van der Vaart were right to comlpain, because van Persie plays like shit for the Dutch team since before the WC2010, and Affelay had played what, 20 minutes for Barcelona since returning from his injury? And yet they get to play despite piss poor performances, while Huntelaar made the most goals during the qualifying rounds and van der Vaart had a great season.

It's a teamsport, if the coach decides you don't play, you need to accept it and train even harder.

Or at least DON'T start with negativity that might upset the team-spirit...

Salazar

Balotelli just looks like he couldn't give a shit. One of those strikers that is completely anonymous unless 10 other men do all the work for him.

Essentially, he's that dickhead that got put in your group assignments at uni and did no work, but shared the 70+% marks you got.

And for someone who is ostensibly the epitome of cool, he chokes a hell of a lot.

Hoo-doo

Banned

- Mark van Bommel
- Khalid Boulahrouz
- John Heitinga
- Joris Mathijsen
- Rafael van der Vaart
- Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

Man. Losing Huntelaar and Van der Vaart has me a bit worried.

Arjen

I don't have a link, but apparantly Affelay was being a litle bitch getting al high and mighty that he played for Barca and other players were at lower level tier clubs.
If true, fuck that guy.

It's a teamsport, if the coach decides you don't play, you need to accept it and train even harder.

Or at least DON'T start with negativity that might upset the team-spirit...
Van Marwijk promised Huntelaar a fair chance, which he clearly didnt get. It seems that van Marwijk doesnt like certain players and no matter their performance simply wont be picked for a spot. Which is his right as coach, but he should have told Huntelaar that he would be on the bench no matter how poorly van Persie performed. He didnt do that, so Huntelaar is right to complain about the lack of fair treatment.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I don't have a link, but apparantly Affelay was being a litle bitch getting al high and mighty that he played for Barca and other players were at lower level tier clubs.
If true, fuck that guy.

Was yesterday on VI Oranje as well. Affelay is a spoiled little bitch. He played 20 minutes for Barca this season, he gets no bragging rights.

Nyx

It's logical for a good player to express his grief when he gets benched and certain other players are getting infinite confidence from the coach.

Expressing grief is one thing, but supposedly these two have been griefing all tournament long, at one point Huntelaar was even told that if he didn't shut up he could pack his bags.

Kem0sabe

- Mark van Bommel
- Khalid Boulahrouz
- John Heitinga
- Joris Mathijsen
- Rafael van der Vaart
- Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

Didn´t RVP also act like a diva? Why are those players singled out when RVP get´s a pass? Double standards.

jorma

is now taking requests
Exactly - it's an attempt to appear confident in the hope they'll put off the taker; it's a completely legitimate tactic [and displays the ignorance of anyone would bashing Hart for doing so]. Not to mention in these kinds of situations the goalkeeper has nothing to lose given they're not expected to save a penalty.

No, he was being a twat, and that's really the main reason why Pirlos "yeah well fuck you too" penalty was so awesome.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Expressing grief is one thing, but supposedly these two have been griefing all tournament long, at one point Huntelaar was even told that if he didn't shut up he could pack his bags.

Huntelaar performed better than vPersie during the qualifiers, the friendlies and the training. How is that "getting a fair chance"?

vMarwijk should've told KJH that he would only consider putting him on if vPersie had a broken leg.

Arjen

How does Robben escape all of this unscathed?
I could have sworn he was even arguing with the manager during one of the games...

He's getting some shit as well.
Rumors are, other players were happy he lost the Championsleague, because otherwise he would have an even bigger ego.

Kem0sabe

This doesn't rule out the other ;)

Yeah. You know what the problem is? Both our countries have too many daily sports papers.

They have to make this shit up else they wouldn´t have anything to write about.

I´m still waiting for the "Platini found to be Del Bosque´s lost love child" headline.

hylje

Well considering composition of Group D is in qualifying for WC2014, Oranje fans shouldn't be worrying at all even they drop those six out.

Acidote

There's also the problem that most of them are daily newspapers and have to fill pages and pages with crap, when they could fill them with extended coverage of other sports instead of being all football and 6 pages for everything else.

norinrad

- Mark van Bommel
- Khalid Boulahrouz
- John Heitinga
- Joris Mathijsen
- Rafael van der Vaart
- Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

His son in law decided to quit by his own accord.

Though i agree we need new blood, dropping Huntelaar while Van Persie stays is a joke.

The coach is the one who has to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom