• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booya

Neo Member
wow.. seeing all those pepe videos i start to see why only people from portugal cheer for portugal..
It's one thing to play boring, but hell.. those oscar-worth acting lvl is pissing me off on an entirely different lvl and this comes from someone who started to like c.ronaldo recently (is it me or has he reduced his diving lvl in the last couple of months?).

Also, i cant believe its not part of the tactic. If the trainer didnt want them to dive hed say it and pull him off if he'd do it (arent there clubs that do that?).

any statistics on which country dives the most?

On Bluemoon, half the members seem to have Johnson in the Top 3 England Players of Euro 2012, and the other half have him in the bottom 3. Odd.

I see you missed Young's flop that got Maggio suspended for the next game.

That's all he contributed throughout the tournament, the twat

Wilbur

Banned
On Bluemoon, half the members seem to have Johnson in the Top 3 England Players of Euro 2012, and the other half have him in the bottom 3. Odd.

That's all he contributed throughout the tournament, the twat

Hart, Gerrard, Defence were the three best players. They were all quite good in the end but they can't hold an offside line to save their fucking lives.

giga

Hart, Gerrard, Defence were the three best players. They were all quite good in the end but they can't hold an offside line to save their fucking lives.
Yet again the goal post gets no appreciation. Jesus, give credit where credit is due.

I am actually calm about Wednesday's game

-we don't have Carlos Queiroz as coach anymore.
-Ronaldo is actually scoring for the national team for once.
-number subs are actually good.
-Coentrão has played really well in the last two games

Spain is good but they are not 2010 good

I just seen this gif elsewhere...what happened here?

NslZt.gif

IceCold

I have no words...

I'm not talking about these match decisions but you are truly kidding yourself if you think that UEFA/FIFA don't employ favoritism or have their own agendas. They are corrupt as fuck and Qatar getting the WC is one of the many proofs of that.

edit: Btw when are the cards cleared? Is it after the quarter finals or the semi finals?

I'm not talking about these match decisions but you are truly kidding yourself if you think that UEFA/FIFA don't employ favoritism or have their own agendas. They are corrupt as fuck and Qatar getting the WC is one of the many proofs of that.

One thing is having political or high financial investments and other saying openly that the Euro matches are fixed.

If there's match fixing at club level why would it be so far fetched to believe that there's match fixing at the international level?

As far as we know, club fixing matches is pursued, as has happened in Italy.

And there's a difference between two teams fixing a tie in order to get saved from relegation or achieving European positions, than FIFA/UEFA saying to refs how they have to balance the match.

No man it's all prepared for a spanish win, every detail. Don't try to hide it. 2 more days of rest for them, the grass always favours their game, also it's better for the name of the competition that the same team wins every tournament, it's the best for them.

it's not like these things could be just human errors. IT'S A CONSPIRACY.

Wait, are we taking that as a serious statement? You honestly believe Buffon [or at least the goalkeeping coach] didn't do any research on England's key penalty takers?

Exactly - it's an attempt to appear confident in the hope they'll put off the taker; it's a completely legitimate tactic [and displays the ignorance of anyone would bashing Hart for doing so]. Not to mention in these kinds of situations the goalkeeper has nothing to lose given they're not expected to save a penalty.
Hart looked nervous to me before penalties. Running over to the England coaches and looking at a piece of paper (probably showing Italian player penalty tendencies) and reviewing it in a panic. Those stupid faces he made during penalties to throw Italian kickers off probably did the exact opposite to what he was intending it to do. Buffon was laughing and leading a group huddle with the team to pump them up. Like a true boss and captain.

If I'm a penalty taker in that moment id be a hell of a lot more intimidated and likely to be thrown off by a guy so cool and calm and confident like Buffon who does none of that, than a guy flailing around like a fucking dickhead like Hart. Sure he's within the rules to do it and I'm not debating that but it's just amateur hour. Shows the experience/maturity level difference between Buffon and Hart.

And also who the fuck actually looks at the keeper? Most players are looking at the ball on the ground and not paying attention to what the keeper is doing until the very last moment. Those goalie games have no effect whatsoever. Other than making yourself look like a retard.

Wilbur

Banned

Best, yes. Football is about winning and their play makes that possible, so in the strictest terms of the game yes they're the best.

But most attractive? Germany and Italy are by far the most attractive playing wise in my view. They have the great passing, they keep possession but what they have that Spain don't is the speed to their game. Without that then its a bit of a bore to watch. Tactically wonderful, aesthetically unsatisfying.

Talon

Let's be honest, if Germany or Italy (or whoever) was winning as much, we'd all be griping about them.

Actually, especially Italy. Portugal would probably be worst case for everyone here.

Messi

Best, yes. Football is about winning and their play makes that possible, so in the strictest terms of the game yes they're the best.

But most attractive? Germany and Italy are by far the most attractive playing wise in my view. They have the great passing, they keep possession but what they have that Spain don't is the speed to their game. Without that then its a bit of a bore to watch. Tactically wonderful, aesthetically unsatisfying.

Only thing that could make them more attractive ... Villa.

Wilbur

Banned
Let's be honest, if Germany or Italy (or whoever) was winning as much, we'd all be griping about them.

Actually, especially Italy. Portugal would probably be worst case for everyone here.

Germany have won all their games so far, got to the final and the semi final of the last one. I don't moan about them at all. It's not because Spain are winning things, it's a) the fact I don't really enjoy their play and b) that said play is heralded as incredible to watch when it's not. It's incredible to analyse, or to note from a tactical perspective

Only thing that could make them more attractive ... Villa.

Agreed. His directness is missed.

I agree in that our football might be boring to watch, but as a team they cant compare to anything.

Also agreed.

Talon

Villa wasn't quite himself in 2010 either. I remember him being brought up on the left side by VDB on a consistent basis rather than sitting at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom