• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

The Irish have the worst keeper in this tournament. Italy wouldn't have gotten that corner that led to the goal if the guy had any clue how to use his hands.

Italy 1-0 Ireland (Cassano)

untitled-4obmza.gif
untitled-5r18if.gif

_machine

And off course it just had to be Cassano...I want to see Italy make it through but I can't say I like him very much. Still at least they Italy have been playing better in the tournament than I've expected.

Wilbur

Banned
The Irish have the worst keeper in this tournament. Italy wouldn't have gotten that corner that led to the goal if the guy had any clue how to use his hands.

I take it you don't watch Shay Given often. He's still injured I think, but he's pretending he's okay to play. Great keeper.

That is some seriously bad goal tending by Given, times like that you run and jump and try to fist the ball away, or at least get closer towards the ball. What is he doing just standing there?

Dinokill

How is Italy leading the group when Croatia and Spain have also 5 pts(at this moment) and a better goal average.

What a clusterfuck this is!

Visceir

Qould love to see a replay of that sharp corner shot by italy.

Also, italy and ireland players seem to be awfully friendly!

Meier

Croatia has to win if Italy is going to win this, right?

A draw by Croatia and Spain and an Italy win by 2 would mean that both Croatia and Italy were at the same GD (+2).. not sure what would happen there since their H2H was a tie. Is total goals then the next tiebreaker? If Italy wins by 3, they'd go through automatically even if Spain and Croatia draw. If Croatia wins and Italy wins, Spain is out.

hylje

My neck starting to hurt on these last group games. Both games running same time and the angle is 90 degree between screens.

A draw by Croatia and Spain and an Italy win by 2 would mean that both Croatia and Italy were at the same GD (+2).. not sure what would happen there since their H2H was a tie. Is total goals then the next tiebreaker? If Italy wins by 3, they'd go through automatically even if Spain and Croatia draw. If Croatia wins and Italy wins, Spain is out.

Ireland then go through. For the crack.

LegoArmo

What kind of injury is it Given has where he can get his hands to a ball, but then it just goes randomly in any direction, usually towards goal?

hylje

Ireland needs to be more dramatic and dive more to get free kicks. Fuckers are getting up way too quick to battle the ball.

Cider X

I don't understand the tie breaker rules. Why are Italy number 1 in the group when their goal difference is worse than Spain and Croatia? And their mathces were all draws...

Wilbur

Banned
What kind of injury is it Given has where he can get his hands to a ball, but then it just goes randomly in any direction, usually towards goal?

He hasn't shown any signs of being a quality keeper in this tournament. Didn't know he was injured.

He's been in awful form this Euros but I would certainly suggest his injury has played a part. He had a good half season for Villa this year before injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom