• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Topo

Based on his performances so far, it's not hard to see why Liverpool turned down Gotze ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Based on Liverpool's performance it's not hard to see why Götze preferred to stay at Bayern. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The first game was already bad. We need to improve quickly. What is our offense doing? Looks like our players forgot that you need to score a goal.
Sadly I agree, Germany isn't as good as previous Euros/World Cups and it seems that players can't shot on target and goal. :|
But it's Germany and we know it's going to be one of the semi finals teams! I hope the team gets better in next games. :)

Jisgsaw

Sadly I agree, Germany isn't as good as previous Euros/World Cups and it seems that players can't shot on target and goal. :|
But it's Germany and we know it's going to be one of the semi finals teams! I hope the team gets better in next games. :)

Wouldn't we potentially face Italy in the quarters?
If yes, I highly doubt we'll see Germany in the semis.

giphy.gif

This generation of Germany was the first european team that won World Cup in Americas, and they were the team what won against Italy after +20 years!
So I hope they can do another amazing thing and break the curse of Italy in official matches once and for all! :D

Beefy

@SkySportsNewsHQ
BREAKING: Six Russian fans arrested after three Spanish tourists were beaten up outside Cologne cathedral #SSNHQ

chadskin

Germany drew 2-2 with Ghana in the second game of the last WC, barely won 1-0 against the US in the third game and we all know how it ended. Not to say history will repeat itself this year but I think it's a bit early to draw conclusions just yet. Tournaments like these always have their own dynamics.

That said, the loss of Lahm is certainly felt. Hector has been underwhelming offensively and Höwedes is a center-back who's forced to play right-back and it shows in his attacking game, he's just not as polished as Lahm technically. Makes it difficult to make the game fast, stretch the defense and thus create chances.

If I were Löw, I'd move Höwedes to the left-back position that he's more comfortable at and would put Kimmich in as the right-back. I'd probably also replace Khedira with Can who played a great season at Liverpool.

I reckon we could beat Portugal. If they play like they did against Iceland. If Ronaldo doesn't get one of our players sent off.

I reckon Portugal could beat England too. One match so far is hardly enough to judge how good they are atm, i think people are underrating Portugal after one match, they have always reached far into the Euros since 2000, which were harder in the 16 team format.

Lego Boss

Poland keeping it tight.

A good attack wins matches, a good defence wins tournaments.

I think it's all too close to call. It could be like the EPL this season - anyone could win it.

The only way Italy and Germany could face each other in the quarters is if we win our respective Groups, if Italy finishes second while Germany finishes 3rd and faces the winner of Group G or if Germany finishes second in their group while Italy finishes 3rd and faces the winner of Group D.

I'm actually worried about the idea of Italy facing Germany in the Euro. The attitude I'd have in the event Italy and Germany square off is less "We're going to win" and more "Is this the day Germany finally defeats us?" And if we go to penalties... RIP Italy's hopes and dreams.

On a brighter note, Italy faces Sweden tomorrow. What better way to get all tensed up the day of your final than by watching the Italians play beforehand?

Diancecht

Today Spain gonna whip our asses so bad. I am gonna watch the match with my two Spanish friends and I just hope we won't concede more than 4 goals.

Gambit

Germany are so abysmal since the World Cup.
Who's missing from the Brazil 7-1 game? Just Lahm and Klose (and Schweinsteiger)...?
Crazy difference in only two years.

Schweinsteiger starting meant that Kroos played further up and pushed Özil out to the left side, which gave us a lot more structure than we currently have. Özil has so far only been ok once the opposition is tired.

Not that the rest of our attackers are any better atm. Not Müller, not Götze, not Draxler.

Also Lahm is sorely missing. Not just for his defensive stability, but also because he made Müller work on the right. Höwedes is only a defender.

Cappa

Banned
Germany are so abysmal since the World Cup.
Who's missing from the Brazil 7-1 game? Just Lahm and Klose (and Schweinsteiger)...?
Crazy difference in only two years.
People forget that Germany wasn't steam rolling people in the world cup either until the final.

Their match against Ghana left alot of questions. They barely beat Algeria.(great game) and struggled against France.

Brazil had no business being in the final they should have been eliminated against Chile. Worst team to make a final as far as I can remember.

So while that German world cup team was very good they weren't dominating teams either.

People forget that Germany wasn't steam rolling people in the world cup either until the final.

Their match against Ghana left alot of questions. They barely beat Algeria.(great game) and struggled against France.

Brazil had no business being in the final they should have been eliminated against Chile. Worst team to make a final as far as I can remember.

So while that German world cup team was very good they weren't dominating teams either.

Brazil didn't make the final, they made the semi final. Argentina vs Germany was the final.

Cappa

Banned
Brazil didn't make the final, they made the semi final. Argentina vs Germany was the final.
Sorry you're right I meant to say semi final. They had no business being in semis either.

Germany also took all of extra time to beat Argentina....i always forget that game everyone always talks about the Brazil game.

spekkeh

Banned
So a week ago Holland beat Poland, now Poland equalizes Germany.

That means that, even though Germany fuhr zum EM ohne Holland, they still got beat by them.

I'll take it.

caramac

I expect teams like Germany and a few others to kick on once we reach the KO stages. Lots of group games are usually dull affairs till it gets to the pointy end.

Jack cw

Müller and Götze are so incredibly bad for months. Playing with no wingers and midfielders that cant win one on ones makes it hard to score. Pretty disappointing performances since two years.

Cappa

Banned
Müller and Götze are so incredibly bad for months. Playing with no wingers and midfielders that cant win one on ones makes it hard to score. Pretty disappointing performances since two years.
I think playing schurrle and sane instead of gotze and muller would do wonders for Germany...
But what do I know...

casiopao

Lol. Thats not foul play lol. They should call that tactic i guess? It is not shameful eliminating the strong team when u can.

Well, for this one though, i don't think it will happen especially when they give leeway for three teams to pass here.

CassSept

Christ almighty, we drew Germany in a tournament. This is by far the best performance of Poland in any international tournament since 1982. A-ma-zing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom