• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lego Boss

Zgadza się

peszko-na-meczu-kierowniku-seteczka-dla-mnie-kielich-stygnie-animacja-nawalka.gif

Taxi dla Peszko!

Italy vs Sweden better be much better than this here. I need to see some good game again here after all these games.TT

Yeah that's not gonna happen sadly... Swedens national team has been having problems for years... It's not an team right now, just a bunch of players who would rather pass the ball then take an chance and try to actually play football. No one wants to be blamed for the certain fiasco. To much standing still across the whole team.

Will get absolutely crushed and I will sit watching and crying into my beer. :(

wbsmcs

I've been looking forward to this Sweden/Italy game as I do for every Italy game, but I feel like both teams are going to be playing for a tie here.

Italy makes it through with a tie, and Sweden stays alive with a chance to make it 3 draws against Belgium. Don't really see this game opening up unless a team scores off a set piece.

Lego Boss

I've been looking forward to this Sweden/Italy game as I do for every Italy game, but I feel like both teams are going to be playing for a tie here.

Italy makes it through with a tie, and Sweden stays alive with a chance to make it 3 draws against Belgium. Don't really see this game opening up unless a team scores off a set piece.

No mistake that the best second round games have been with those teams that REALYY need the W (England Norn Iron). You will see Portugall go for it and Eire etc.

I think it's great that there are more teams here, it really is a festival of colour, but there are plenty of tactical approaches going on to the groups.

Personally I think it would be better to go all in towards a WC approach (eight groups, top two qualify), which is closer to double jeapoardy/sudden death: screw up twice and it's bye bye Euros.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Following that England-Wales game... what needs to happen for us to see Ireland vs Northern Ireland? :D

My housemate asked the same question yesterday so I was trying to work it out, I think there's a few scenarios:

There's actually quite a few ways, as far as I can see they all rely on both getting through (obviously) and winning their first round knockout game.

Going by the schedule on BBC:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/european-championship/euro-2016/schedule/knockout-stage

(N.Ire = Group C, Eire = Group E)
e.g.
- N.Ire finish C2, Eire go through as 3rd place BEF, win first game, face each other in QF.
- Both teams win their group, win their first round knockout, face each other in QF.
- N.Ire go through as 3ACD, Eire 2nd in Group E, win knockout, face each other in QF.
- Both finish 2nd in group, win knockout 1, win quarter final, N.Ire vs Eire Semi-Final

There's a few paths for that, but obviously the dream, for them to face each other in the final:

Seriously there's loads, they could obviously face each other in the final too.

Oersted

Italy plays it really clever. As soon as a swedish player gets to the middle line, he is surrounded by 2 italian players with a third one blocking the passroute.

Sweden has to play much faster to get trough this.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I think Italy is the only team at this Euro that tries to build up the play by passing directly through centre to the striker/attacking midfielder and not going always to the wings.

Lego Boss

I think Italy is the only team at this Euro that tries to build up the play by passing directly through centre to the striker/attacking midfielder and not going always to the wings.

Germany?

They were only playing with 2/3 of the width of the pitch last night, at least until subs.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Germany?

They were only playing with 2/3 of the width of the pitch last night, at least until subs.

Not really. Germany is passing to Kroos and Kroos either passes on one of the wings or lobes it in the box.

Edit: I'm talking about build up, not in front of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom