• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agram

What does any of this have to do with the official who was hit in the head with a lit flare? Was he responsible for the corruption?
Agreed, that protest makes no sense and only made things worse. What were they thinking? I wouldn't be surprised if we were kicked out of the competition.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
What does any of this have to do with the official who was hit in the head with a lit flare? Was he responsible for the corruption?

i don't think he is trying to justify anything, just explaining the thought-process of some of the crazier fans. they think that shit is fucked in their football association, and that the only way to make changes happen is to sabotage their own team in a major tournament.

duckroll

i don't think he is trying to justify anything, just explaining the thought-process of some of the crazier fans. they think that shit is fucked in their football association, and that the only way to make changes happen is to sabotage their own team in a major tournament.

Yeah, just pointing out that these fans are real dumbfucks.

Press reporting that other fans started a fight with "fans." People are angry and so sad rn

This whole thing is fucked!

Agreed, that protest makes no sense and only made things worse. What were they thinking? I wouldn't be surprised if we were kicked out of the competition.

I can't see them booting Croatia for this. The most I can see is a hefty fine and maybe a one or two point deduction.

KageZero

I explicitly called them morons for starting such a thing here amongst other fans and injuring the official. I just answered in short because i was asked why they were protesting.

JDB

Banned
Åsa bad as the behaviour was by a section of the Croatian fans with throwing the flares down onto the pitch, that's not what worries me. What worries me is how easy it is to get them inside the stadiums by UEFA's awful security. If that's the level of security there, i dread to know what could happen if someone managed to get a bomb in there.
My guess is that those types are fireworks are relatively small and can be hidden easily, while something like a bomb or firearm is not nearly as easy to conceal.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Sorry, but acting as hooligans is not OK, no matter the reason behind. It's stupid and hurts other people without solving anything. Actually it makes the position of whoever is the mob head or whatever even stronger because now he gets to call everybody who oppose him "hooligans" and dismiss any critics. It's very idiotic.

Addi

My guess is that those types are fireworks are relatively small and can be hidden easily, while something like a bomb or firearm is not nearly as easy to conceal.

Also, those things might be getting in BECAUSE they might be focusing on bombs and firearms.

azyless

As bad as the behaviour was by a section of the Croatian fans with throwing the flares down onto the pitch, that's not what worries me. What worries me is how easy it is to get them inside the stadiums by UEFA's awful security. If that's the level of security there, i dread to know what could happen if someone managed to get a bomb in there.
If someone has a bomb, no amount of security is gonna stop them. It'll only add to the body count. The only reason they got away with it in November was because the guys were dumb as fuck, they could have very well exploded themselves in the queue.
Flares can be quite small and unless you want 40 000+ people to get naked in front of security, there's no stopping them from getting into stadiums.

Moments hunter

Neo Member
Czech commentators were absolutely demolishing play of Czech team. TomᚠRosický said that he is probably done with this tournament due to his injury.

Pacbois

I feel so bad for Croatia, they have been the most pleasing team to watch this dreary tournament and seeing them being fucked by their own fans is so sad.

Also security is simply appauling so far. I can't remember the last time a major tournament had that many issues.

KageZero

I can't see them booting Croatia for this. The most I can see is a hefty fine and maybe a one or two point deduction.
I think they will kick us out or take all 4 points away so we can't pass the group stage. To be honest we deserve it as well, this is not the first incident. Maybe it would be the best if we get a suspension for 2-3 years .

Tubie

Modric gets subbed off and all hell breaks loose.

I hope that steward is ok, that looked scary as fuck. People can lose limbs and shit depending on how strong the firecracker/firework is.

Security needs to improve massively in the stadiums.

Seems they did beef up security somewhat :

Journalist Andy Mitten, who was at the game, told BBC Radio 5 live: "I was in a section full of Croatia fans. The team was playing really well, everything was good, the people around me were happy but then I noticed a big line of police and soldiers building up in front of the Croatia end. It became clear they knew something was going to happen and it did happen. I was told that you needed a passport to get in the Croatia end, that there had been security over and above the normal.

Croatia are headed for a very stern warning like Russia and potentially games behind closed doors, it would be very brave of Uefa to kick them out of the tournament given they let russia get away with charging at England fans.

duckroll

Terrorism is "the unofficial or unauthorized use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims." Would a bunch of organized fans deliberately committing acts of violence in a football game with the aim of embarrassing their team and sending a political message about the corruption in their Football Association fall under that classification?

Turkey is going to win.

Believe in the Crescent Moon.

It is rising from my heart.

ALLAH'IN IZINIYLE BU MACI YENICEZ INSALLAH!

HAYDI TURKIYE! HAYDI BISMILLAH!

ALLAH! ALLAH! ALLAH!

/ Atheist Turk that is getting emotional and crazy and deluded

jelly

Modric gets subbed off and all hell breaks loose.

I hope that steward is ok, that looked scary as fuck. People can lose limbs and shit depending on how strong the firecracker/firework is.

Security needs to improve massively in the stadiums.

Going blind as well could happen.

It's weird watching these games compared to English league games. Maybe they just aren't in high visible clothing but you notice a lot of stewards and police congregate very quickly if something is kicking off whereas in this, you see hardly anyone about.

Kurtofan

the security is probably a joke if it's like at my college, you open your bags, the guard barely looks and you go on... something is bound to happen.

Croatia are headed for a very stern warning like Russia and potentially games behind closed doors, it would be very brave of Uefa to kick them out of the tournament given they let russia get away with charging at England fans.

If what I've been reading is true, the person who tried to pick up the flare might lose their sight in on eye...

UEFA is going to throw them out and fine the federation heavily... bodily harm is no joke.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand why this particular Euros has been so bad, it's been horrible.:(

prudislav

Apparently the Croatian hooligans are purposely sabotaging their team. They made an imprint of a swastika on the pitch a couple of months back too: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/13/football/nazi-swastika-croatia-football/

Basically they have beef with the Croatian FA so they are doing whatever they can to get the team disqualified or receive fines.

Well here in Czech there is similar situation where fans have a beef with FA ... corruption and all messed upt stuff in FA, but our fans are not sabotaging international matches .. only the league matches , where they are posting hateful messages towards boss of FA... as pretty much noone has faith in our team any more as the national team got messed up by a lot bad management decisions
... boggles my mind they even won the Qualification group :-D

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I meant the violence, not the quality of the football (which has also been poor, admittedly).

Going blind as well could happen.

It's weird watching these games compared to English league games. Maybe they just aren't in high visible clothing but you notice a lot of stewards and police congregate very quickly if something is kicking off whereas in this, you see hardly anyone about.

CCTV, and season ticket holders. They'll kick you out, and you'll get a life ban from the club. I would have thought that the security would be a heightened with all of the recent problems. I have a few friends over there, and they are all filling me in on how much of a shit show the tourney has been so far.

Lkr

Anyone using watchespn? It's coming in like shit for me right now, was working fine for the previous two games

Edit: changed from Apple TV to the Windows 10 app on my htpc and all is fine

Fucking Busquets.

Again with that shit.

busquets,%20teatro_96_port_sobretitular_O.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom