• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

FM radio mate

IuDz68.gif
Oh man, I remember this....

fucking Aguero

mellz

I always want to see Kanté and Payet play, so this kinda sucks. Will be interesting to see what Gignac and Embolo can do tho.

d13dbae1c6901c6422120bfeaf45545c.png

So Switzerland are supposedly in the top 10? Wonder why they don't seem to make a big splash in matches

Edit: Top 15. Should be a good match, I hope

Oh man, I remember this....

fucking Aguero

Best end to a season. All the better if you are a City fan as that popped up in the side after Aguero scored just to put the icing on the cake. Just a pity they didn't have the camera on the person who shouted out as the reactions are like they heard a gun shot so it must have been an epic shout.

Bakkus

So Switzerland are supposedly in the top 10? Wonder why they don't seem to make a big splash in matches

Some of the rankings there are embarrassing because teams can for a long period of time avoid meeting teams ranked lower who has a good chance at beating them.

Divius

Tuning in, hoping for some fun games!

How important are these games for who goes on? Or are things decided already for this group? Can anyone TL;DR it for me?

azyless

How important are these games for who goes on? Or are things decided already for this group? Can anyone TL;DR it for me?
France needs at least a draw to finish 1st. Switzerland can finish 1st if they win, and I think if they lose and Romania wins they lose 2nd place (depending on general goal difference I think).

Number45

France will win the group with a draw or better, Switzerland will top it if they win. A draw will see Switzerland second, or anything but a win for Romania (a win for Romania and defeat for Switzerland will see Romania second). If Albania beat Romania they'll get third.

Pretty sure that covers it all. :s

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
LOL that fucking guy holding his head, foot was nowhere near him

go Switzerland

gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(and by go i mean "get a draw")

we really don't deserve to be there, honestly. We don't outright "suck" at tournaments and often do reasonably well in the group stages only to get knocked out right away in the round of 16 because we can't score for shit (see - 118th minute knock-out against Argentina, knocked out in penalties against the Ukraine without conceding a single goal all tournament, etc)

Acorn

France will win the group with a draw or better, Switzerland will top it if they win. A draw will see Switzerland second, or anything but a win for Romania (a win for Romania and defeat for Switzerland will see Romania second). If Albania beat Romania they'll get third.

Pretty sure that covers it all. :s
Forgot about the crazy third place shite going through.

Romania and Albania both need to win if they want to advance. Romania is very likely to go through with 4 points, Albania's success depends on the other groups. A draw and both teams are out.

France needs at least a draw to finish first. Switzerland probably already has enough points for the next round, they need at least a draw if they want to be certain of the second place though.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So results can't be manipulated for a better draw in the knockout rounds.

So they don't have the benefit of knowing the outcome of the other group match beforehand.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It'll just be some fines.

Final games of the group need to be played at the same time. To prevent teams from making an agreement for a draw for example.

OK, that makes sense.

Look up the Disgrace of Gijon.

Wow...

Smiley90

Damn, nice action from France.

phewwww

we're looking decent so far though, let's hope that undeserved draw against Romania doesn't come back to bite us in the ass. We REALLY should've won that game.

Smiley90

there's no way Pogba doesn't get one sooner or later

Let's hope for a 1-1 tie then...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Romania dominating time of possession and shots on goal. Albania so far not playing anywhere near as well as we played against France thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom